What's new

Rudy Gobert has got to go

This is me engaging on your point instead of mocking and banishing (which is what I'm naturally inclined to do):

If the conversation is about a contention window, going full rebuild, and getting some awesome assets out of Gobert, then that's fine.

But in no universe do I trade one of the most impactful defenders in basketball history just because he's had the misfortune of being jammed into horrible, non-sense lineups, on top of losing a perfect teammate in the offseason, in addition to being the victim of a cheap-shot to the knee, in addition to coming back right when the schedule became impossible.

Let me also add that none of his struggles surprise me one bit. But I also understand and understood exactly who Rudy Gobert is, and that's a player so incredible at the most fundamental aspects of basketball that you figure the rest out in terms of roster: GIVE HIM SPACE. IT ISN'T OPTIONAL. Good thing that's exactly what a team should have anyway.

Last edited:
Even when Rudy was firing on all cylinders and when the schedule wasn't so tough, has there ever been an extended offensive output with him on the court, as we saw in November? Obviously some of the players have changed, but the fluid way the offense was running in November is undeniable. How much Rudy and his absence is related to the output is debatable, but I'm sure it had at least some effect. In November, Favors was engaged and held up to the Deandre Jordan's of the NBA just fine when going solo. The contract situation of Favors and Rudy points to Gobert remaining with the team over Favors though.

Even when Rudy was firing on all cylinders and when the schedule wasn't so tough, has there ever been an extended offensive output with him on the court, as we saw in November? Obviously some of the players have changed, but the fluid way the offense was running in November is undeniable. How much Rudy and his absence is related to the output is debatable, but I'm sure it had at least some effect. In November, Favors was engaged and held up to the Deandre Jordan's of the NBA just fine when going solo. The contract situation of Favors and Rudy points to Gobert remaining with the team over Favors though.
Okay.

How about seven years of data vs a handful of games.

?

And how was the defense? And yeah, the whole ****ing contract thing?

I am not wanting Favors yanked off the team, I mostly just want to see what happens when we don't have Bricky Rubio playing alongside them.

It's true that Favs runs with the offense better. He can catch a pass on the PnR. But defensively nothing touches Gobert. This isn't about who's more successful on the offensive side but rather who makes the team better overall. And with D-Mitch becoming the alpha dog on offense, IMO it doesn't matter which one of the two is better suited for it. It's who's better on the other side of the ball.

Last edited:
the new ignore function rocks
I would love for you to put me on ignore. However, unfortunately, you're too in love with my posts and can't help but reply to them.

If you read my post though, I said I'd keep Gobert over Favors. That said, if I were in the Jazz's front office, I'd entertain a Gobert trade if the right pieces were offered. If you think the Jazz aren't doing the same, you're naive.

Throw out all the top defensive player data from the last two years Gobert has achieved, Archie Moses and Tak have declared it null and void in favor of a 5 game winning streak a couple weeks ago.

Wut? What did I do?

I would love for you to put me on ignore. However, unfortunately, you're too in love with my posts and can't help but reply to them.

If you read my post though, I said I'd keep Gobert over Favors. That said, if I were in the Jazz's front office, I'd entertain a Gobert trade if the right pieces were offered. If you think the Jazz aren't doing the same, you're naive.
You’re on such a terrible streak of posting that it’s sorta entertaining for now.

You’re on such a terrible streak of posting that it’s sorta entertaining for now.
You have no takes. You insult, belittle and try and pump yourself as better than others. I'll take my takes 100 times over you being a candy *** tough guy.

Put me on ignore, please.

You have no takes. You insult, belittle and try and pump yourself as better than others. I'll take my takes 100 times over you being a candy *** tough guy.

Put me on ignore, please.
I have plenty of takes. The people on JFC who have an attention span + pay attention to the **** that matters know what they are.

I have plenty of takes. The people on JFC who have an attention span + pay attention to the **** that matters know what they are.
Then, please, for the love of gawd, tell me what's so idiotic about my post in this thread? Break it down, ol wise one.

Rudy sucks. Package him with Rubio, Favors and Burks. Go full rebuild around Donovan.