What's new

Rudy Gobert has got to go

We didn't have Rubio in the playoffs and the Favors/Gobert pairing was unplayable.

For **** sake, we cannot play them next to each other in the playoffs. The other team will simply put a SF at PF and run us out of the gym. It might be different if one of the 2 had a post game, but they dont.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
To be fair, Favors obviously was not the "100%" he insisted he was.

Every analyst, beat writer and anyone who's watched the Jazz that understand basketball knows there's a problem with Favors and Gobert on the floor - especially with Rubio.

Wait, who is saying that there is no problem with the Gobert, Rubio, and favors lineup?

Omg fish is back

Fish

Alec Burks tho

Nice to see him looking like a legit part of the rotation and seeing Quin have some trust in him.

Like everyone else I thought his days were numbered with the jazz. I still think that without the hood and X injuries he would not have had a chance at redemption. Glad to see him making the most of his opportunity.

injure your knee and come back a month later and tell me you can be as mobile on it as you were pre-injury.

I think it's pretty damned obvious Gobert isn't 100%. Knee injuries can really set a big man back.

We have much more than a 5 game sample that the Jazz struggle offensively with Gobert and Favors. It's evident, 25 games into the season, some pieces need to be moved. Tell me, are you satisfied with the Jazz's play this year when Gobert plays? Their offense when he plays is some of the worst I've ever seen.

Gobert is my favorite player on the team. I love the guy and his game. I just think, if the pieces were right, the Jazz could move him and be better off. I think the same way about Favors. I wish I could say the same for Rubio, but I'd trade him for the ghost of Larry Miller's leg at this point.

If the Jazz offense struggle with Gobert and Favors, you just don't get rid of the superior player between the 2, you keep Gobert.

Curious about those "right pieces", there's not a lot of players that can bring the type of game changing skill set that Gobert offers, either defensively or offensively, and most of them are considered untouchable on their respective teams, what names are you thinking of? Realistically of course.

If you finish reading what I wrote you'll see what I was getting at...

I doubt it

It’s interesting that you often have to tell people repeatedly what you mean in what you post. I often see you telling people things like “reading comprehension matters” and things like that. Or saying things like “I never said that” or “that’s not what I meant”

Maybe you need to do a better job making your point clear when you post.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make in this particular discussion. That happens a lot with you.

I doubt it

It’s interesting that you often have to tell people repeatedly what you mean in what you post. I often see you telling people things like “reading comprehension matters” and things like that. Or saying things like “I never said that” or “that’s not what I meant”

Maybe you need to do a better job making your point clear when you post.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make in this particular discussion. That happens a lot with you.
Write what I said after what you quoted. That's the point. It's simple.

Saying this doesn't make someone stupid. Saying this doesn't mean Gobert sucks. Saying this doesn't mean Gobert should be traded. I say this because it's a fact. If you choose to ignore it, it's your agenda.
Here is what you posted after what I previously quoted.
So you don’t think Gobert sucks and don’t think he should be traded.
Ok. We agree.

If the Jazz offense struggle with Gobert and Favors, you just don't get rid of the superior player between the 2, you keep Gobert.

Curious about those "right pieces", there's not a lot of players that can bring the type of game changing skill set that Gobert offers, either defensively or offensively, and most of them are considered untouchable on their respective teams, what names are you thinking of? Realistically of course.
Like I've said, I'd keep Gobert over Favors. I'd entertain the right pieces for Gobert though. To me, he's certainly not untouchable in today's game. I think the Jazz's front office, deep down, feels the same too.
I'm not sure who or what the right pieces would be, but it would have to certainly make sense to let Gobert go.

Hey Donovan's #1 fan: what happens when he wins too many games and the Jazz are just left without any other pieces to build around?

Too true. Donovan is so good there's no way to gain pieces through the draft. We might need to trade Donovan.

Here is what you posted after what I previously quoted.
So you don’t think Gobert sucks and don’t think he should be traded.
Ok. We agree.
Again, the Jazz don't play well with Gobert and Favors - everyone seems to agree. Saying Gobert could be traded, at this point, is not far off and/or stupid like people have made said idea seem to be, which is my point.

Again, the Jazz don't play well with Gobert and Favors - everyone seems to agree. Saying Gobert could be traded, at this point, is not far off and/or stupid like people have made said idea seem to be, which is my point.

I agree that trading gobert for a top 5 player wouldn’t be stupid. I think most people agree.
Good point.

A better point and what makes even more sense is to just trade the worse player of the two who is older and not under contract past this year.

I agree that trading gobert for a top 5 player wouldn’t be stupid. I think most people agree.
Good point.

A better point and what makes even more sense is to just trade the worse player of the two who is older and not under contract past this year.
I've agreed with trading Favors before Gobert and have said that multiple times.

I don't think Gobert is worth a top 5 player in the NBA. I do think he's worth an all-star level player, potential all star and/or draft picks though.

I've agreed with trading Favors before Gobert and have said that multiple times.

I don't think Gobert is worth a top 5 player in the NBA. I do think he's worth an all-star level player, potential all star and/or draft picks though.

Well I’ll be damned

Do you really think Gobert is a top 5/6 player in the NBA right now?

No.
My “I’ll be damned” post was just because I finally understood what you were trying to say btw.