What's new

Rumors...

Who, if anyone, would you guys trade Sap to get, of these?

Best Draft Options for Jazz at no. 10 or no. 11
1.Damian Lillard
2.Kendall Marshall
3.Austin Rivers
4.Perry Jones III
5.Tyler Zeller

1.Damian Lillard
2.Kendall Marshall
3.Austin Rivers
4.Perry Jones III
5.Tyler Zeller

To be honest I am not informed enough to make a real decision but I would probably go with a PG so one of 1-3 in some form. Depends on the deal though...

1.Damian Lillard
2.Kendall Marshall
3.Austin Rivers
4.Perry Jones III
5.Tyler Zeller

I hate the 10 or 11 pick. I would prefer to be at 13 or 14 to see who fell that the Jazz could jump on.

Here is how I rank that list:
Lillard
Rivers
PJ3
Marshall
Zeller (Honestly, I would look at Leonard before Zeller, I hate that I might be agreeing with ncoloradojazz)

1.Damian Lillard
2.Kendall Marshall
3.Austin Rivers
4.Perry Jones III
5.Tyler Zeller

Hmm, Marshall please, sir.

I hope we do everything to make a deal with Big Al first, if it doesn't work then I'm OK with a nice Millsap trade.

Same here. I would much rather flip Big Al for a pick.

Exactly, the one who 's gotta leave is Big Al instead of Millsap but the organization knows it is already impossible to earn the 10th pick for him so if Paul goes, i take Kendall Marshall. Pure PG with perfect game iq. So this means Favors will have a chance what he has and Kanter's learning process is gonna go ahead till this season's end. It makes sense too if we can get the player that we wish from the draft.

Exactly, the one who 's gotta leave is Big Al instead of Millsap but the organization knows it is already impossible to earn the 10th pick for him so if Paul goes, i take Kendall Marshall. Pure PG with perfect game iq. So this means Favors will have a chance what he has and Kanter's learning process is gonna go ahead till this season's end. It makes sense too if we can get the player that we wish from the draft.

There is a big divide on who that player is. Both Lillard and Marshall are mentioned here frequently. So whould you, or anyone else, be ok with either of them?

You can't replace what Millsap brings to the table. I would not take any of those 5 over Millsap. I might take Gilchrist or Barnes.

The internet is hilarious a this time of year. There's "RUMORS" and then there's "SPECULATION." This is purely speculation by a nobody website. Here's what this Daniel clown writes:
Daniel said:
ESPN reporter Chad Ford speculated in a draft chat that the Jazz may have contacted two lottery teams about trading power forward Paul Millsap for a 2012 first-round pick.

Here's the actual question and answer in Chad Ford's chat.
Chad Ford's Chat said:
KC (Tulsa): If the Hornets are looking to trade Pick 10 for a young veteran, who are some of the potential targets?

Chad Ford: Darren Collison, Eric Bledsoe, Evan Turner I've heard a lot. Ditto for Paul Millsap of the Jazz.
Chad Ford: By the way, I'm told the Blazers are looking at the same group of players at 11 if they decide to trade the pick.

To clear up the confusion, not once did Chad Ford "speculate" that the Jazz have contacted New Orleans or Portland about trading Paul Millsap. The only speculation Ford made was that the Blazers and Hornets would be interested in Paul Millsap (among others) should they trade their pick. I wouldn't trade Millsap for the 10th or 11th pick, but if it gives people something to talk about then feel free to go ahead and "speculate" on this "rumor."

VSlice pwning noobs left and right, as usual.

For the record, only way I won't get devastated by a Millsap trade is if we somehow land Lillard, and he meets expectations.

A gamble (lotto pick) for a known commodity (Millsap)?

Add a proven player and the pick then I'd move Sap. Nothing less.

There is a big divide on who that player is. Both Lillard and Marshall are mentioned here frequently. So whould you, or anyone else, be ok with either of them?

I'm 50/50 on Lillard and Marshall, so yeah. I know people are pukish over how much I've said this the past 2 years, but nothing has changed. Real PG are going to go through a massive dry spell. Lillard obviously has the shooting, but Marshall is a rare pure PG with elite IQ/passing. I love Millsap, but PG's are at a higher premium .. and we better get one while/if we can.

OR --- assemble everything else and spend the big bucks in FA on a stud PG.

I already told him. No doubt Kendall Marshall for me. He can be really perfect fit for us.

assemble everything else and spend the big bucks in FA on a stud PG.

Deron
Jason Kidd
Jason Terry
Steve Nash
Andre Miller
Raymond Felton
Kirk Hinrich
DJ Augustine (RFA)
Johny Flynn
Chauncey Billups
Aaron Brooks
Roman Sessions
Jameer Nelson
Goran Dragic

any others?

Who's your stud PKM?

Id hate get rid of Millsap also. But we have to be realistic. We cant keep all these big men and have holes.in the rest of the team. We have to move somebody to balance out our team. Otherwise, we will just end up losing guys for nothing, and be left with our holes still. Besides, Millsap is good, but not a franchise guy. So no need to desperately hold on to him.