What's new

Rumors...

Chicago maybe willing to pay the Jazz to trade Al rather than the jazz paying. Chicago might throw in a couple of picks to make it happen.

Jerry was a staunch supporter of Boozer, and for all Boozers off the court distractions, and constant 'injuries' and complete lack of defense and credibility he did play marvelous in the jazz offense.

I'm not saying I love it. I'm just asking the question: is it better than another agonizing year of Al, just to watch him walk away FA next summer?

-Discuss.

Straight up I'd rather have Boozer, but given his contract situation, I think I'd rather put up with 1 more year of boring Al basketball.

Straight up I'd rather have Boozer, but given his contract situation, I think I'd rather put up with 1 more year of boring Al basketball.

But wouldn't Boozer play a lot better along side Favors? By trading for Boozer, we make Millsap 100% expendable. By keeping Al, we almost have to keep Millsap.

So, would you rather have Boozer and Lilliard or Al and Millsap?

But wouldn't Boozer play a lot better along side Favors? By trading for Boozer, we make Millsap 100% expendable. By keeping Al, we almost have to keep Millsap.

So, would you rather have Boozer and Lilliard or Al and Millsap?

Offensively I do not think he'd play better along side Favors. Again, I think the combo of having an elite point guard and a center who played mostly on the perimeter made Boozer an All-Star here. Put him next to a young guy who needs to be around the basket and I don't think he'd be an all-star. On the other hand, I do think that Favors would play better along side Boozer as Boozer can pass a lot better than Al.

Honestly, the Boozer/Lillard vs Al/Millsap is a great question. But again, I think given Boozer's contract I think I'd choose 1 more year of Al/Millsap.

Offensively I do not think he'd play better along side Favors. Again, I think the combo of having an elite point guard and a center who played mostly on the perimeter made Boozer an All-Star here. Put him next to a young guy who needs to be around the basket and I don't think he'd be an all-star. On the other hand, I do think that Favors would play better along side Boozer as Boozer can pass a lot better than Al.

Honestly, the Boozer/Lillard vs Al/Millsap is a great question. But again, I think given Boozer's contract I think I'd choose 1 more year of Al/Millsap.

I felt the same way at first. But Boozer's contract expires when Favors' extension will kick in. He does make a ton of money, but honestly, can the Jazz lure a better FA to Utah? We will have room for two max guys, but will we really GET two max guys? This gives us a very, very good post player, gives us $$$ for a very good wing player, if we can then flip Millsap for Lilliard, gives our pg of the future...it's not ideal, but it does make us very, very good very quickly, and it doesn't set us back at all either. Look at our lineup:

PG - Harris/Lilliard
SG - Hayward/Burks/Lilliard
SF - Carroll/Hayward
PF - Boozer/Favors/Evans
C - Favors/Kanter

We have interior scoring and defense. We have upped our three point shooting, we have good vets and youngsters with potential. We still have expiring contracts with Harris, and Boozer expires before Kanter and Favors extensions kick in.

I don't see a better, REALISTIC scenario for the Jazz.

We already have Millsap for next year and he is a lot cheaper and a little better than Boozer. Also, Boozer and Millsap together on the same team only makes us smaller. There is nothing to see here. Move along to the next weak trade rumor.

I felt the same way at first. But Boozer's contract expires when Favors' extension will kick in. He does make a ton of money, but honestly, can the Jazz lure a better FA to Utah? We will have room for two max guys, but will we really GET two max guys? This gives us a very, very good post player, gives us $$$ for a very good wing player, if we can then flip Millsap for Lilliard, gives our pg of the future...it's not ideal, but it does make us very, very good very quickly, and it doesn't set us back at all either. Look at our lineup:

PG - Harris/Lilliard
SG - Hayward/Burks/Lilliard
SF - Carroll/Hayward
PF - Boozer/Favors/Evans
C - Favors/Kanter

We have interior scoring and defense. We have upped our three point shooting, we have good vets and youngsters with potential. We still have expiring contracts with Harris, and Boozer expires before Kanter and Favors extensions kick in.

I don't see a better, REALISTIC scenario for the Jazz.

1st off we have a better chance of getting Dwill back to Utah than Boozer. Boozer hates utah. He beat around the bush about it, but the last two years he was here was complete garbage.

2nd Why would we even want him?

1st off we have a better chance of getting Dwill back to Utah than Boozer. Boozer hates utah. He beat around the bush about it, but the last two years he was here was complete garbage.

2nd Why would we even want him?

They are THAT desperate to trade Al.

It's actually nice to see that I'm not the biggest Al hater on this board... because not even I would trade him for Boozer.

They are THAT desperate to trade Al.

I think everyone makes the assumption that because we haven't traded Al that there are absolutely no takers. When in reality I think KOC is just holding out.

I would trade Al Straight up for Ben Gordon if his contract wasn't as long.

Please stop.

LMAO

Dude, you are killing me.

This is funny stuff. Most people on this board have lost their minds. Everybody has discussed every trade possible. And now everyone is so bored that they are willing to discuss a Boozer trade. Boozer would be awful here without Dwill. And really just awful no matter what.

Id rather just lose and look forward to the lottery. For the life of me, I cant understand why a lot of our fanbase is ok with being just ok. We tried the Boozer experiment. It was ok, but wasnt taking us anywhere.

Now move on...

So we can talk about how to get Dwill.

Who, if anyone, would you guys trade Sap to get, of these?

Best Draft Options for Jazz at no. 10 or no. 11
1.Damian Lillard
2.Kendall Marshall
3.Austin Rivers
4.Perry Jones III
5.Tyler Zeller

1. Damian Lillard - yes
2. Kendall Marshall - On the fence
3. Austin Rivers - No
4. Perry Jones III - No
5. Tyler Zeller - Hell no

Im stunned the Al hate has people talking Boozer....Similar numbers PPG and RPG and although they both are horrid on D, Al gets blocks at a decent rate. PLUS, and I think this matters, Al actually plays most games and doesnt seem to be made of glass.
It would be like trading poop for a diferent color and smelling poop mostly. Maybe one poop is cheaper though?
A trade for Pick where we get a chance at a young PG would be, by far, best case, IMO..And yes, I do like AL, but losing him for a quality young PG is easy choice.

I am with CT on this one. I can't believe you guys are even considering bringing back Boozer. Did you forget all the games he missed? I DO NOT want to trade Paul unless it is for a know commodity(veteran/young player who has produced in the NBA). I want a pick but not at the expense of making the team worse. Jazz need more talent and not addition by subtraction talent. I understand that one of the Big Four have to go but Millsap and AJ have proven they can produce in the NBA (even with their flaws) so a trade needs to include a player that has produced. I think Houston is a perfect trading partner because of the Big AL/McHale relationship. I just don't see KOC pulling the trigger on a big trade. I hope he surprises me but I would rather keep Millsap and Trade AJ.

After watching Millsap struggle against Boris Diaw and Gustav Ayon, I'm okay with moving him. Someone has to get moved anyway. Millsap's stock is pretty high and the timing is right.