What's new

say NO to EXUM. the biggest bust since darko.

Exum is one of the fastest/quickest players in the draft....and you compare him to slow point guards?

You're not very good at this whole basketball stuff are you?

You are blind. Level of competition he is playing against is blinding you. He has long stride but no elite quickness or explosiveness. Gordon and Wiggins are 10X more athletic than Exum to be honest.

Exum is one of the fastest/quickest players in the draft....

Compare him to this and see the HUGE difference size of Grand canyon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXWrMc2asag

And to save you from realizing how mediocre Exum is I am not even putting Wiggins video.

One thing that worries me about Exum though.
In his scouting and game videos he's playing in empty arenas.
If he's so good he should be selling out games.
Not sure that means anything though.

How can people hate him or love him? He played in one all-star game and that is it basically. Since we aren't lucky enough to interview him or watch Exum play against other prospects all we have to go on is the hype. All the "experts" think he is worthy of a forth pick and some say he might turn out to be the best player. Again these are only opinions and no one knows exactly what type of player he will be then all these players are overhyped, picking him is really not that much more of a gamble then the other players. NCAA basketball is watered down and great players sometimes bust in the NBA.

If the Jazz get the 4th or 5th pick then he is in play as far as I am concerned. I think Orlando is going to take in if they get the third pick.

And to save you from realizing how mediocre Exum is I am not even putting Wiggins video.

The more I see of Gordon the more I like him. If this kid learns to shoot a jump shot and FTs then watch out. He can play the 3 in the nba in my opinion.

@ 2:06 he does a Malone Tribute dunk with the hand behind the head. Destined to be a Jazz man.

“He can play the point at his size, but he has the quickness and athleticism to play off the ball,” one NBA executive told Sporting News. “He does everything. When it comes to guard in this draft, he has moved ahead of a guy like (Oklahoma State’s) Marcus Smart. By the time all is said and done, he will be in the mix for the No. 1 spot.”

A number of GMs, at least those who have seen him on film, told me they see the appeal and would be comfortable taking him No. 1. There probably isn't a player in the draft who has the potential to create his own shot (as well as shots for others) the way Exum can. That's very, very valuable for a young, rebuilding NBA team. - Chad Ford

The scout spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of the situation. On Dante Exum: “I have seen him play live a limited number of times, but I have to say that he’s really intriguing. He has a legitimate chance to go No. 1 in this draft. He’s that good. His upside is enormous. I won’t be surprised if he goes No. 1 on draft night. If we land the No. 1 pick, he’s a guy who we’re seriously going to look at. - Basketball Insiders

You are blind. Level of competition he is playing against is blinding you. He has long stride but no elite quickness or explosiveness. Gordon and Wiggins are 10X more athletic than Exum to be honest.

That's not my opinion, that's from the scouting reports.

Professional NBA scouts opinion>your opinion

How can people hate him or love him? He played in one all-star game and that is it basically. Since we aren't lucky enough to interview him or watch Exum play against other prospects all we have to go on is the hype. All the "experts" think he is worthy of a forth pick and some say he might turn out to be the best player. Again these are only opinions and no one knows exactly what type of player he will be then all these players are overhyped, picking him is really not that much more of a gamble then the other players. NCAA basketball is watered down and great players sometimes bust in the NBA.

If the Jazz get the 4th or 5th pick then he is in play as far as I am concerned.

This sums up how i feel.
I cant really have an opinion on him one way or the other.... gotta rely on the experts that have watched him live and whatnot.

Playing against poor competition does not automatically make him a bad player though.
If lebron went and dominated austrailian highs school players tomorrow that wouldnt mean he sucks right?

Let's be real. Wiggins and Parker are not guarantees either. Having said that, at least Wiggins, Parker, Randle and Embiid have done it against good competition over several games. These guys were all conference. Randle was the MOP in the region at the Dance. Exum has done some good things against HS kids in all star games.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Those high school gets were the same kids who played in the NCAA the next year.

That's not my opinion, that's from the scouting reports.

Professional NBA scouts opinion>your opinion

Show me one professional scout who says he is more athletic than Gordon or Wiggins. I dare you to find one. Why don't you watch it yourself? You know some scouts who are better than me as well said that Darko is next Olajuwon.

You're not very good at this whole basketball stuff are you?

If you think you are better - tell me why Jazz would draft him? To back up TB? To eventually replace TB as starting PG? I am all for drafting best player available but when we have glaring need at the wings and if we would have Gordon, Wiggins or Parker available why on Earth Jazz would draft Exum? Again, drafting Stauskas would make more sense than Exum from Jazz roster perspectives.

Show me one professional scout who says he is more athletic than Gordon or Wiggins. I dare you to find one. Why don't you watch it yourself? You know some scouts who are better than me as well said that Darko is next Olajuwon.

When did I say he was more athletic than Gordon or Wiggins?

If you think you are better - tell me why Jazz would draft him? To back up TB? To eventually replace TB as starting PG? I am all for drafting best player available but when we have glaring need at the wings and if we would have Gordon, Wiggins or Parker available why on Earth Jazz would draft Exum? Again, drafting Stauskas would make more sense than Exum from Jazz roster perspectives.

We tanked the whole year to get a franchise player, position is irrelevant. I shouldn't have to be telling you this.

Exum would play the 2. That is where the NBA is headed. A two PG type system. Look how well it has worked for the Clippers and the Suns. Being able to have two play makers on the floor that can both run the pick and roll.

We can move Hayward to the 3, and play Exum at the 2.

LOLOLOL at Exum at 2. Dude has terrible long range jumper and no iso game. Give me Burks over Exum at 2 any day. Again makes no sense from Jazz perspective.

When did I say he was more athletic than Gordon or Wiggins?

I posted Gordon's video for you to see HUGE difference in athletic ability and quickness. You responded with "scout opinion". I do not care honestly what some scouts who sometimes have secret agenda to pimp some players say. I believe my eyes and from all videos I have seen on Exum he seems like mediocre athlete nowhere near the level of Wiggins or Gordon. He will get killed in NBA.