What's new

Sensabaugh and Hendricks watch thread in gleague

He has good timing and instincts around the rim. He's less mobile laterally and doesn't always get into a stance out on the perimeter. His length gives him a defensive presence though. He gets steals and deflections, as well as blocks.
He always had a high center of gravity and inability to get into a stance. It's something I pointed out to @Handlogten's Heros and others in the draft thread last year as the main reason his D wouldn't translate

Are we sure Christopher isn't something. . .
I think he is something. He has a really solid all around game that actually reminds me a little of a poor mans Jrue Holliday. Hopefully in the near future we see Christopher, Hendricks and Bryce get the call up and are given consistent minutes off the bench.

Let them both play in real games. What are we waiting for?
lol… calm yo *******. Why rush it? Is the extra 10 games or so gonna change the world. They will get there. If we lose tonight we may be headed for a 6-7 game streak that gives us the motivation to end the play in pursuit or whatever.

lol… calm yo *******. Why rush it? Is the extra 10 games or so gonna change the world. They will get there. If we lose tonight we may be headed for a 6-7 game streak that gives us the motivation to end the play in pursuit or whatever.

It's painful to watch the actual Jazz play, it's extremely painful to watch the Stars play to watch TH and Bryce. Having the only interesting players on one team would halve my misery.

It's painful to watch the actual Jazz play, it's extremely painful to watch the Stars play to watch TH and Bryce. Having the only interesting players on one team would halve my misery.
1701542486524.gif

The sooner the better. The gleague is a place to get in good shape and learn bad habits. They should currently be in good shape so lets pull them out of there before the bad habits really sink in. Get them into real games where they can focus on more defined roles and then expand their game from that point. At this point I think we all would kill to see a starting lineup of Kessler, Lauri, Ochai, Bryce and Key with Hendricks getting 20 minutes a game off the bench.

The sooner the better. The gleague is a place to get in good shape and learn bad habits. They should currently be in good shape so lets pull them out of there before the bad habits really sink in. Get them into real games where they can focus on more defined roles and then expand their game from that point. At this point I think we all would kill to see a starting lineup of Kessler, Lauri, Ochai, Bryce and Key with Hendricks getting 20 minutes a game off the bench.
Seems like both guys are making progress there. Give them until after the big road trip. Gives them continuity and the chance to build off what they have.

It’s also not just about them. Simone has been playing well and Ochai too. There aren’t unlimited minutes and until mid December the trade market really isn’t open. If this is where we are at game 40 then I’ll join the chorus of complaining. For now I think there is a legitimate case that this is the best path for all parties.

Olynyk and Samanic had 14 and 11 minutes against MIN. Based on the callup priority it seems as though Samanic and Potter would get those two rotation spots (Juzang next in line), but please just give those minutes to TH and Bryce.

My take right now is that Hendricks can only look so good in the G. His game isnt built for it. He needs the team to get him involved. If you can't self-create in the G or arent hyper active on the interior it's hard to match the gaudy stats of others.

My take right now is that Hendricks can only look so good in the G. His game isnt built for it. He needs the team to get him involved. If you can't self-create in the G or arent hyper active on the interior it's hard to match the gaudy stats of others.

I've watched more G-League and rookies around the league than ever. My takeaway is that I'm not sure the G-League is the best development environment for every player. Riding the pine on an NBA bench isn't either.....but it is a truly different game down there.

For Hendricks, I think where he has the most potential and room to grow is on defense. I don't think the helter skelter G-League game is really helping him much on defense, but maybe he can level up his offensive skills. Personally, I would prefer to have him in an 8-12 minute role in the NBA versus the G-League.

I've watched more G-League and rookies around the league than ever. My takeaway is that I'm not sure the G-League is the best development environment for every player. Riding the pine on an NBA bench isn't either.....but it is a truly different game down there.

For Hendricks, I think where he has the most potential and room to grow is on defense. I don't think the helter skelter G-League game is really helping him much on defense, but maybe he can level up his offensive skills. Personally, I would prefer to have him in an 8-12 minute role in the NBA versus the G-League.
For me if you can play a complete game in the G it means something. I remember when the Stars got Niang he completely changed the team. He made everyone better on both ends and he did everything on the court at an elite level. The Stars went from a garbage team to a consistently good and watchable team. That's the kind of play I have to see in the G to be like "oh, this guy could be something".

Back