What's new

Sensabaugh and Hendricks watch thread in gleague

They picked it up from somewhere either the Stars staff or Brice himself or maybe they are idiots.
I think I get what they are getting at.

Brice is doing more playmaking in the G whereas at OSU it was more isolation/mismatch based. They werent all necessarily post-ups, but he would dribble into a post move.

Can anyone weigh in on Brice’s defensive development? Is he making progress? Any indications he will be able to get to “good enough” for NBA defense?

I think I get what they are getting at.

Brice is doing more playmaking in the G whereas at OSU it was more isolation/mismatch based. They werent all necessarily post-ups, but he would dribble into a post move.

He's also slimmed down quite a bit. He played a lot heaver in college which wouldn't be sustainable for him the NBA. Here is what he said:

“Yeah, obviously, times change and roles change, especially coming to the NBA with the best players in the world,” he said. “… It’s definitely different. You’re right, obviously it’s going change. … I kind of played the 4 in college, to be honest, so I was in more of those back-to-the-basket situations. But now, being a 2, maybe a 3, [I’m] just trying to come off pin-downs and come off screens sometimes, just trying to see the game better, and learn. And it’s way different — this game is way different than college, even the G League [is way different than college]. The floor has more space, there’s just more stuff to work with, better players.”

Bryce with a fatigued looking effort in a 6 point Stars win vs the Kings JVs. The Stars have been on the road for awhile and don't play again until Saturday against the Ignite. Potter led with 22 points 11 boards, Juzang had 18 points and was 4-5 from three and hit a big three point shot late. Bryce barely got into double figures and made a stupid foul late. Michael Devoe almost had a triple double and an interesting player for the Kings was Stanley Johnson who had over 20 points and 11 boards.

The fact that Stanley Johnson isn't currently on an nba roster is crazy to me. The guy is a solid nba bench player that fits any team.

The fact that Stanley Johnson isn't currently on an nba roster is crazy to me. The guy is a solid nba bench player that fits any team.
he's just not that good. even in a game last night in the g league when he led his team in scoring, he was only 7-17 FGs and 1-7 from three. in the g league. a 27 year old in the g league has to be better.

not to mention he's had opportunities with 5 different NBA teams and none of them wanted to keep him around so apparently he doesn't "fit any team" as well as it might appear. bottom line: the nba is really hard for 6'5 dudes who can't shoot a lick.

he's just not that good. even in a game last night in the g league when he led his team in scoring, he was only 7-17 FGs and 1-7 from three. in the g league. a 27 year old in the g league has to be better.

not to mention he's had opportunities with 5 different NBA teams and none of them wanted to keep him around so apparently he doesn't "fit any team" as well as it might appear. bottom line: the nba is really hard for 6'5 dudes who can't shoot a lick.
I thought he looked great last year when given an opportunity with the spurs. I also don't view him as a guy with broken outside shot. It will be interesting to see over the next few weeks how his 3pt point percentage shapes up. Defensively I loved the energy he brought with the lakers and what he did for us in the preseason last year.

I thought he looked great last year when given an opportunity with the spurs. I also don't view him as a guy with broken outside shot. It will be interesting to see over the next few weeks how his 3pt point percentage shapes up. Defensively I loved the energy he brought with the lakers and what he did for us in the preseason last year.
Something is missing with him. I thought he looked good in last year's preseason only to be cut and then looked decent with the Spurs only to have Pop waive him. Perhaps the guy's personality is prickly. GLeague bus rides will take the prickliness out of him.

Can anyone weigh in on Brice’s defensive development? Is he making progress? Any indications he will be able to get to “good enough” for NBA defense?

He's always been shooting and scoring the ball. It looks as though his assists are up and his turnovers are under control. I think he tries on defense, just not that hard.

Back