What's new

Sensabaugh and Hendricks watch thread in gleague

Hendricks with a double double and Sensabaugh in double figures in a 13 point Stars win vs the Blazers JVs. Hendricks showed he could be a chucker but not necessarily a maker. Potter, Juzang and Devoe led the Stars in scoring with 15 each. Devoe did not miss a shot from the field. Potter was the leading rebounder and Josh Chrstopher did not dress. Romeo Langford looked awful for the Stars.

Despite the percentages, I believe in the 3 part. The defense….I think he needs to find an identity there.
Me too. I think the thing I'm most disappointed with Taylor is he isn't super energetic. I want him to be a live body and just get into plays and be everywhere. He has all the tools but is too sedentary at times. On offense it really just needs to be shoot from the corner... crash the glass... if you find yourself with the ball move it on to a guard quickly and safely. At least for now. In the G League he's going to be trying ****... and he should down there. So I don't expect big efficiency. In the Varsity games his role can be paired down to the things he can do and he can still be okay there I think. Run like a deer in transition... hit trailing threes and corner threes.

Me too. I think the thing I'm most disappointed with Taylor is he isn't super energetic. I want him to be a live body and just get into plays and be everywhere. He has all the tools but is too sedentary at times. On offense it really just needs to be shoot from the corner... crash the glass... if you find yourself with the ball move it on to a guard quickly and safely. At least for now. In the G League he's going to be trying ****... and he should down there. So I don't expect big efficiency. In the Varsity games his role can be paired down to the things he can do and he can still be okay there I think. Run like a deer in transition... hit trailing threes and corner threes.
The announcers who were Trailblazers JV announcers were complimentary of his game yesterday. His shots weren't falling but he was doing other things that they noticed.

It is difficult for me to adjudicate the progress of Taylor Hendricks, particularly because nowhere on the “Internet” can I find a description of his middle moniker. So be it! He languishes in the G League, performing in a manner that some observers suggest is commensurate with rotting sheepshead stew. We cannot call him “The Truth”, nay, we must not even pronounce him “empirically adequate.” Sir Taylor, lo, improve! That is the way to capture the imagination of JazzFanz everywhere.

The announcers who were Trailblazers JV announcers were complimentary of his game yesterday. His shots weren't falling but he was doing other things that they noticed.
He got more boards and stocks so that is good. He’s had a few good transition dunks. I don’t think his shooting will look efficient while in the g league. Spend another month in the g league and if our season is in the crapper it’s time for the token 10-15 minutes off the bench with the varsity team trying to do the things he will need to in an nba role.

I would say it isn't looking good for Hendricks but it is also WAY too early to draw absolutes or conclusions. Also for those saying this needs to go against Ainge (who I am not a big fan of due to his history with BOS) I would say go look at draft history at #9, more busts then hits.

I mean look at Scoot, I do not check other teams boards or Twitter or Reddit but based on what many have posted about Hendricks, you would absolutely be KILLING Scoot with being the #2 pick and his stats.

If he was more active, I'd feel very comfortable putting him on an NBA court right now. Offense, he can stand in the corner and be fine. This is why I thought he could play early, or at least be in the mix for playing time. The rebounds is a good sign because that part of his game was lacking and very evident on tape IMO. If I was to speculate on why he seems buried I'd say it's because Hardy doesn't think he's physical enough to be a big and he doesn't have much experience being a true perimeter defender.

I feel like we're tossing Keyonte into the fire on offense even though he's not great (yet) because he has talent and potential. That's the correct move imo. Hendricks may not be there yet, but I would also argue he has potential/talent on defense and we should just throw him into the fire as well. What are we scared about, winning 32 games instead of 35?

If he was more active, I'd feel very comfortable putting him on an NBA court right now. Offense, he can stand in the corner and be fine. This is why I thought he could play early, or at least be in the mix for playing time. The rebounds is a good sign because that part of his game was lacking and very evident on tape IMO. If I was to speculate on why he seems buried I'd say it's because Hardy doesn't think he's physical enough to be a big and he doesn't have much experience being a true perimeter defender.

I feel like we're tossing Keyonte into the fire on offense even though he's not great (yet) because he has talent and potential. That's the correct move imo. Hendricks may not be there yet, but I would also argue he has potential/talent on defense and we should just throw him into the fire as well. What are we scared about, winning 32 games instead of 35?
Keyonte knows how to play basketball, Hend kicks does not. That's why one plays and the other doesn't.

Keyonte knows how to play basketball, Hend kicks does not. That's why one plays and the other doesn't.

I don’t disagree that’s why Key is playing. At the end of the day, there’s no alterior motive other than that Hardy thinks Hendricks is not good and he thinks Key is.

But at this point, the season is already chalked in terms of W/L. Nothing to lose by playing Hendricks (and Brice). I don’t think Hendricks is going to learn defense in a league where they hardly play defense in the first place. I have no hopes for his offense outside of being a stand still shooter and potential fast break guy, he’s just got no game and bad feel. But defensively I think he can improve quite a bit and the NBA will be the best setting for that imo.

I don’t disagree that’s why Key is playing. At the end of the day, there’s no alterior motive other than that Hardy thinks Hendricks is not good and he thinks Key is.

But at this point, the season is already chalked in terms of W/L. Nothing to lose by playing Hendricks (and Brice). I don’t think Hendricks is going to learn defense in a league where they hardly play defense in the first place. I have no hopes for his offense outside of being a stand still shooter and potential fast break guy, he’s just got no game and bad feel. But defensively I think he can improve quite a bit and the NBA will be the best setting for that imo.
If Hendricks is legitimately awful on a NBA court there is something to lose, his value as a trade piece

Only thing I disagree with is the org does not think the season is determined yet. They can't punt at this point imo. Think they need to give it until January or until we have like a 7-8 game losing streak that really drives a stake in our heart.

If Hendricks is legitimately awful on a NBA court there is something to lose, his value as a trade piece
Good point. Teams are always willing to give up a lot for g leaguers.

Only thing I disagree with is the org does not think the season is determined yet. They can't punt at this point imo. Think they need to give it until January or until we have like a 7-8 game losing streak that really drives a stake in our heart.

I think the FO knows exactly how this season is going to go. They just didn't divulge it to the fans, so as to build up excitement and ticket sales in the first half of the season.

The good news: Hendricks shot 3-8 from three
The bad news: Hendricks shot 1-8 from inside the arc.
This was the book on him in college. I even argued this in the trade thread and @Handlogten's Heros and others swept under the rug because it was me saying it. I basically said if you want to draft him late teens early 20’s he’s a great pick but 9 to me was a massive reach, and HH did call him the most ready nba product. To which I was loling hard core.

This was the book on him in college. I even argued this in the trade thread and @Handlogten's Heros and others swept under the rug because it was me saying it. I basically said if you want to draft him late teens early 20’s he’s a great pick but 9 to me was a massive reach, and HH did call him the most ready nba product. To which I was loling hard core.
Dig up the receipt cowboy. I loved TH. I definitely thought he could get on the court as a young player for sure. I don't speak in absolutes much so me calling him the most ready NBA prospect is not something I think I would do.