What's new

Sensabaugh and Hendricks watch thread in gleague

I think the FO knows exactly how this season is going to go. They just didn't divulge it to the fans, so as to build up excitement and ticket sales in the first half of the season.
And for the same reasons you can't pull the plug 15 games in or whatever. January-ish is when I expect a shift if things don't change.

This was the book on him in college. I even argued this in the trade thread and @Handlogten's Heros and others swept under the rug because it was me saying it. I basically said if you want to draft him late teens early 20’s he’s a great pick but 9 to me was a massive reach, and HH did call him the most ready nba product. To which I was loling hard core.
Yeah, IIRC he had some awful paint finishing on non-dunk attempts and people swept it under the rug as "he will have more space in the NBA"

Dig up the receipt cowboy. I loved TH. I definitely thought he could get on the court as a young player for sure. I don't speak in absolutes much so me calling him the most ready NBA prospect is not something I think I would do.
I don’t need to. I know what I read and don’t care if anyone believes me. But if I were you, you better go back and find those posts and erase them before Cy gets ahold of them.

I don’t need to. I know what I read and don’t care if anyone believes me. But if I were you, you better go back and find those posts and erase them before Cy gets ahold of them.
Or what? I would simple admit I was wrong and that I’ll now go kill myself in the most dishonorable way possible. If I’m proven wrong I’ll take it. I never have nor will I ever erase a post (unless it offends someone).

I highly doubt I declared a 19 yo the most nba ready prospect. I may have said he’s nba ready or something like that but not gonna allow dudes to twist things they thought I said.

Take the time to look it up if you feel that butt hurt about it. I did when I wanted to remember if Cy called Tony Bradley a poor man’s LaMarcus Aldridge and I was able to find it.

Or what? I would simple admit I was wrong and that I’ll now go kill myself in the most dishonorable way possible. If I’m proven wrong I’ll take it. I never have nor will I ever erase a post (unless it offends someone).

I highly doubt I declared a 19 yo the most nba ready prospect. I may have said he’s nba ready or something like that but not gonna allow dudes to twist things they thought I said.

Take the time to look it up if you feel that butt hurt about it. I did when I wanted to remember if Cy called Tony Bradley a poor man’s LaMarcus Aldridge and I was able to find it.
You honestly don’t remember calling him one of the more nba ready prospects? C’mon man??

Only thing I disagree with is the org does not think the season is determined yet. They can't punt at this point imo. Think they need to give it until January or until we have like a 7-8 game losing streak that really drives a stake in our heart.

I don't necessarily disagree. The FO/coaching staff have not given up yet....but at the same time I would argue that the FO didn't really care about the record in the first place. We talked about this before, but they didn't really make moves to tank or to win anything. I don't think this year's record (either direction) was ever a priority.

I do vividly remember being scoffed at because Bilal was considered some kind of two years away from two years away guy. It was hyperbole, but it was honestly a semi reasonable point. But it turned out TH is the guy who was the instant G-League, don't even think about him playing prospect.

Like I said, it was semi reasonable to think that way. I certainly thought Hendricks would be more ready. But my blind spot is that I overlooked the low feel, low bbiq, and potentially low motor combination. Yeah it was pretty dumb to just assume he could play NBA defense right away.

Last edited:
I do vividly remember being scoffed at because Bilal was considered some kind of two years away from two years away guy. It was hyperbole, but it was honestly a semi reasonable point. But it turned out TH is the guy who was the instant G-League, don't even think about him playing prospect.

Like I said, it was semi reasonable to think that way. I certainly thought Hendricks would be more ready. But my blind spot is that I overlooked the low feel, low bbiq, and potentially low motor combination. Yeah it was pretty dumb to just assume he could play NBA defense right away.
I mean flip locations (Taylor goes to DC and Bilal goes to Utah) and remove summer league for Bilal… how much more time is he getting than Taylor?

I think Bilal’s shown to be a better prospect just wanted to get an idea of how you think their situations affect what they’ve been able to show.

I mean flip locations (Taylor goes to DC and Bilal goes to Utah) and remove summer league for Bilal… how much more time is he getting than Taylor?

I think Bilal’s shown to be a better prospect just wanted to get an idea of how you think their situations affect what they’ve been able to show.

TH probably gets time in DC, but I also think there's a reason why he can't get time for UTA and it's not because it's a super crowded rotation. It's not the end of the world, he's still young, but I really think the most reasonable way to look at the situation is that he just isn't very close to NBA rotation level and that's why he's nowhere near the rotation. OTOH, I do think Bilal gets time for UTA and believe he would have been ahead of both Simone and Dunn. If not it would have only taken him a few games like Key. Maybe I'm overlooking the SL thing too much, but I really think Bilal being able to hang with guys like Luka and Lamelo on defense is straight up talent and ability. Don't get me wrong, Bilal is still mostly a ghost on offense, but I think his defense gets him on the court with UTA. I don't see that going away because he missed SL, and I don't think TH's problems are much better with a SL.

TLDR: I think TH gets minutes in WAS, but his flaws that are keeping him from pt in UTA are apparent. Bilal probably gets less time in UTA, but all still displaying his unique gifts and ability (particularly on defense).

I'm not watching the game but judging by the boxscore this is Hendricks best game so far.