What's new

Should the Mods Ban Utahjazz troll?

Should the Mods Ban Utah Jazz Troll?

• Yes, it's obvious he / she is not a fan of the Jazz and is here only to anger people

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No, we should keep the forum open to all opinions

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No, just give a warning or suspension to stop trolling

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
Is this a democracy or autocracy that we live in? Sure you can also have tyranny of the majority as de Tocqueville pointed out two centuries ago. But the poster's action violate the purpose and intent of this site. It's fine to advocate for Simmons but to incessantly continue and then attack everything Mitchell does on a Jazz fan site is a hostile act.

If I have to pick, autocracy, and it's not even close.

There's a couple of posters that are obvious trolls or alts that are simply here to cause trouble. I feel if your an obvious troll you should be banned but at the same time as pointed out, this site has a wonderful ignore feature. One if the best I've had in any message board.

Frankly, are you a devotee of the banned poster known as Franklin?
I have me Franklin multiple times in tell life he was fun to talk to. I don't always agree with him.

You have an illusion of all those troll accounts for people and it makes you seem a little crazy. You should stop worrying about it.

Franklin still posts on here under his new account. Which is not utahjazzz.

I have me Franklin multiple times in tell life he was fun to talk to. I don't always agree with him.

You have an illusion of all those troll accounts for people and it makes you seem a little crazy. You should stop worrying about it.

Franklin still posts on here under his new account. Which is not utahjazzz.
Like Uncle F who was banned. It's ok to have an Alt but to hide behind one is disreputable and should be discouraged.

If any of us posed as sixersfan on a philly board and just continuously talked **** about how Ben Simmons sucks we would not have survived this long.
Yeah, I got shut down on the Rockets forum several years ago after about one post. I think I tried it on another board and got shut down almost immediately. Fan forums are generally for fans of the team. But jazzfanz.com has always had the standard that anyone can post about anything and express any point of view and will only be punished if the mods deem them to be breaking very specific rules which tend to have to do with language and inappropriate images.

Yeah, I got shut down on the Rockets forum several years ago after about one post. I think I tried it on another board and got shut down almost immediately. Fan forums are generally for fans of the team. But jazzfanz.com has always had the standard that anyone can post about anything and express any point of view and will only be punished if the mods deem them to be breaking very specific rules which tend to have to do with language and inappropriate images.
And for me language is a minor issue compared to intentionally attacking or insulting others, which is what trolls like this is doing.

I agree in general just don’t see this as any worse than what NAOS did but he actually provided value and he got banned.

I know we can ignore... but that can be used as the solution for anything ya know.

As I see many of us are frustrated by the troll, Utahjazz. I think we should decide as members of the board whether we want to continue to put up with someone who is here only to annoy us. Discussion and differing opinions are good but when they are not made in the interest of furthering discussion but only as a means of causing disruption, then something needs to be done. A warning or suspension for starters would at the very least be reasonable. I think we should just ban the poster and stop the nonsense.

Id prefer they banned you because you are whiniest bitch in here.

You saying we should trust the process? Reported for trolling!
I lodged a direct complaint in the conversation option. I think most people would like something done. People are on my case because I was the one who complained about Negs and said that dislikes are good enough -- that's true. Well, I feel it is in the same spirit of congeniality that we discourage trolling. Why does the site have to be like a Family Feud? I'd rather it be more like the Ponderosa.

They should be banned... but, I think it's tough to say you're going to ban people simply for being non-Jazz fans, combative, annoying, etc... Personal insults and offensive material are easy to deal with, but when you have someone just being an idiotic pest, it's really hard to justify an outright ban for that.

They should be banned... but, I think it's tough to say you're going to ban people simply for being non-Jazz fans, combative, annoying, etc... Personal insults and offensive material are easy to deal with, but when you have someone just being an idiotic pest, it's really hard to justify an outright ban for that.
There is a such a thing as being excessive and extreme in being an idiotic pest. I don't think there is a place for it on a site like this. And Utahjazzz is excessive and extreme. It's okay to express an opinion, but after awhile, you need to stop. Everyone knows what the person thinks. It's not like someone is in danger or dying and you are pleading for help, then being incessant is justified. This isn't.