What's new

Smartphones to replace computers soon

Names I've had on here.
MLM - lol
Archie Moses
Ravin_In_Flight - yes, raven was meant to be spelled that way. It was my gamertag.
Algernon_Swineburne - my drunken alt that was immediately busted. RIP
Paper_McGibblets - my current gamertag
Archie Moses

Damn, as you can see, I'm all over the place.

Next name ideas: hehepeepeecaca, Cry Harder, Cement Foot Brick DM, Ghost of Larry's Leg

I suggested such a thread but no actual useful database of username lineage has ever been compiled.

For some reason I have assumed that [MENTION=46]SaltyDawg[/MENTION] is [MENTION=3123]Cappy_Smurf[/MENTION].

Although to be honest when most people change their names I have no idea who they are anymore unless I have met them IRL.

We need a thread for everyone to post their name changes through their Jazzfanz existence. Oh and also post their alts or at the very least the alts they have been busted for.

negged

Seriously? Can you name a single argument I've gotten into that lasted for 163 pages and could be turned into a book?

Salty is a ****ing pit bull with an argument, at least he used to be. Pretty sure he doesn't do that anymore and mostly just trolls the BYU fans. If you go to one of the college football threads, I'm pretty sure he's one of the posters with a Ute avatar.

I'm more of a hit and run driver 90% of the time.

Last edited:
negged

Seriously? Can you name a single argument I've gotten into that lasted for 163 pages and could be turned into a book?

Salty is a ****ing pit bull with an argument, at least he used to be. Pretty sure he doesn't do that anymore and mostly just trolls the BYU fans. If you go to one of the college football threads, I'm pretty sure he's one of the posters with a Ute avatar.

I'm more of a hit and run driver 90% of the time.

What are your previous names?

I would wager a guess that SD is no longer with us. I think everyone would be pretty damn sure it was him. Green (he's cooled off in more recent days and is more agreeable) is the closest I've seen to SD's tone and the comparison seems closer than it probably is since they are both big U fans.

I don't know the fail in this thread would be enough to pretty much chase away anyone permanently. I also think if he were under a different handle he couldn't resist going back to the scene of the crime.

well I'm still around, in case anybody was wondering.

Bump.

Worth a bump every few years. I was thinking about this recently during a discussion with my son-in-law, who is a computer science major and a semi-pro gamer (Starcraft). I asked him this question and he said he didn't see this happening even within the next decade. He felt it was due to advancements in software that match the advancements in hardware that will always keep phones behind laptops and PCs, until we reach that point where we just cannot go smaller in architecture, unless we get to quantum computing for real. I tend to agree.

But it is obvious that phones are taking a big chunk of what we used to use computers for. But every day my family members at one point or another go to a computer because there are things that are just to hard to do effectively on a phone, even though they could.

Like at work, again, I have maybe 18 windows open at any one time, and deal with multi-page spreadsheets and move data back and forth. Absolutely cannot do what I need to on a phone without a portable double screen set up or something.

So anyway, cheers!

Yep. There are many things I can do on my phone but that I STRONGLY prefer to do on my PC. Like posting on jazzfanz, for instance. I post about 1/10th as much when I'm on my phone and don't have access to my PC, even when there's something I want to respond to. If I only had a phone I'd probably lose interest in posting on any forums. Same with online ordering. I do it sometimes, but I really prefer to do it on my PC.

The list goes on.

Pit bulls (with it without cropped ears)...laptops being antiquated...or not.

Def a day when @SaltyDawg needs to emerge from the ashes.
I tried to find the original pitbull thread. No luck. I think it's a thread that morphed into a pitbull discussion.