What's new

Smartphones to replace computers soon

Ask any millennial the last time they sat down at a desktop to compose an email...

Smartphones have drastically cut down on the desktop usage in this country. However, there will always be a need for a desktop/laptop platform for media editing, research, and writing.

Why do that when you can use an app on your phone and compose an e-mail effortlessly?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

You can do almost anything on a smartphone. They have evolved so much and will continue to evolve.

I can't remember the last time I posted on this site not using the app. I can check my bank account by a simple fingerprint. I can check my e-mail effortlessly. It gives you notifications when you get a new e-mail. It's awesome for things like Facebook. I use my phone to pay my electric bill, phone bill, car payment, etc.

There is an app for almost everything. I have a laptop and literally the only thing I use it for is for my school work.

Again, it's great if you're a 15-year old girl. Some of us are grownups, though. We need computers for more than just getting our egos stroked on social media.

Oh, and my grandfather did not fight Nazis for 3 years for me to watch videos on a ****ing 6-inch screen.

Again, it's great if you're a 15-year old girl. Some of us are grownups, though. We need computers for more than just getting our egos stroked on social media.

Oh, and my grandfather did not fight Nazis for 3 years for me to watch videos on a ****ing 6-inch screen.

Do smartphones really bother you that much?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Well there is Airplay or WiFi direct, so you can watch the content on your phone in a 55 inch.

So we had this discussion on the old board. You clowns that said I was wrong know who you are...

Anyway, check this phone out:
https://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/motorola-atrix-4g-hd-multimedia-dock-and-laptop-dock-hands-on/

I told you it was coming. This is the first of many smartphones that will be as powerful (or more powerful) than you need for general computing. And all of the "2 inch screen, tiny keyboard" arguments are obsolete.

As if phones like that aren't enough, check this out:
https://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2011/jan11/01-05SOCsupport.mspx

So there will be phones running full blown Windows 8. That is basically Microsoft's way of saying computers as we know them will soon be dead to the average person.

Next up; the imminent comedy when all the iPhone fanboys that supposedly didn't care about 4G finally get a 4G iPhone and think it's the greatest thing ever.

Anyone know if this clown is alive...or simply under a different handle now?

I don't know the fail in this thread would be enough to pretty much chase away anyone permanently. I also think if he were under a different handle he couldn't resist going back to the scene of the crime.

For some reason I have assumed that [MENTION=46]SaltyDawg[/MENTION] is [MENTION=3123]Cappy_Smurf[/MENTION].

Although to be honest when most people change their names I have no idea who they are anymore unless I have met them IRL.

We need a thread for everyone to post their name changes through their Jazzfanz existence. Oh and also post their alts or at the very least the alts they have been busted for.

For some reason I have assumed that [MENTION=46]SaltyDawg[/MENTION] is [MENTION=3123]Cappy_Smurf[/MENTION].

Although to be honest when most people change their names I have no idea who they are anymore unless I have met them IRL.

We need a thread for everyone to post their name changes through their Jazzfanz existence. Oh and also post their alts or at the very least the alts they have been busted for.

We had a thread like that once.

We had a thread like that once.

I don’t understand name changes. I’ve had the same stupid user name for over 15 years. There are people with tons of posts who I know have been here forever but don’t know who else they were.

Also, log, when you first started posting your style was much different, or at least it seemed that way. I think that, for whatever reason, your signature image was influencing how I read your posts as I couldn’t help but envision that individual as you:

redneck.jpg

I’ll admit that your posts are nothing like that but the visual somehow biased me.

I don’t understand name changes. I’ve had the same stupid user name for over 15 years. There are people with tons of posts who I know have been here forever but don’t know who else they were.
I changed my name when the board crashed and started over because I had wanted to change it anyways. I more recently changed my name because there were too many people with similar names and it was confusing for people.

Cappy is Freakazoid. Thought that was common knowledge.

Also, log, when you first started posting your style was much different, or at least it seemed that way. I think that, for whatever reason, your signature image was influencing how I read your posts as I couldn’t help but envision that individual as you:

redneck.jpg

I’ll admit that your posts are nothing like that but the visual somehow biased me.

I am nowhere near that cool, tbh.

And I think styles change over time. Hell we are a half a decade past the board reset. Things happen in life that changes our perspective on things, and we change the way we respond to different issues and in general I think. I know I took a break from the board for the better part of a a couple of years I think, and during that time some heavy stuff happened in my life. I think things like that change the way we perceive and hence react to the world in general.

tl/dr: mumbo jumbo

Cappy is Freakazoid. Thought that was common knowledge.
That kind of surprises me. The posting style seems different. Maybe I knew it at the time but like I said when a name has changed its generally a new person posting to me. Maybe I'll have to dig up the old name change thread and then people should update it.