What's new

Smartphones to replace computers soon

Nice find Viny. 7% us a fairly small but not insignificant percentage. But it is really really far from any kind of take over. I have been relegated to using my cell phone exclusively to work on the past week. We were in temp housing that had WiFi but this last week we moved into a permanent apartment and we don't have Internet set up here yet. So I've been submitting hiring requisitions, editing docs, answering emails, shopping for a car Lease, conducting interviews, and submitting change requests all via phone. I finally broke down, called Telekom and had my package bumped up to 10 GB full high speed data and added tethering to my phone. So then I had WiFi again by tethering my laptop to my phone and things went 500x faster than by phone alone, and only about a factor of 10 still shower than true high speed Internet which is coming in a week.

So yeah we are still so far from this while thing that it isn't even funny.

I put out this email newsletter about once a month or try to do once a month. Anyway, in preparation of this email, I'm using all sorts of programs. If I had to do everything I do on a smartphone, I'd go ****ing nuts.

I think cell phones can finally replace computers with Motorola's newest product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=584qPWzfhHY

I put out this email newsletter about once a month or try to do once a month. Anyway, in preparation of this email, I'm using all sorts of programs. If I had to do everything I do on a smartphone, I'd go ****ing nuts.

How can I get on your email list?

This isn't the data you're looking for. Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

You seem to be repeating yourself repeating yourself.

So we had this discussion on the old board. You clowns that said I was wrong know who you are...

Anyway, check this phone out:
https://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/motorola-atrix-4g-hd-multimedia-dock-and-laptop-dock-hands-on/

I told you it was coming. This is the first of many smartphones that will be as powerful (or more powerful) than you need for general computing. And all of the "2 inch screen, tiny keyboard" arguments are obsolete.

As if phones like that aren't enough, check this out:
https://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2011/jan11/01-05SOCsupport.mspx

So there will be phones running full blown Windows 8. That is basically Microsoft's way of saying computers as we know them will soon be dead to the average person.

Next up; the imminent comedy when all the iPhone fanboys that supposedly didn't care about 4G finally get a 4G iPhone and think it's the greatest thing ever.

LOL. Makes me laugh.

And there were tons of laptops announced at CES, right? Oh wait...

The laptop is well on its way to being obsolete. As you can see in the first post, the soon to be released AT&T smartphone makes buying a laptop pretty pointless. And it is only the first of many such devices that will hit the market in the near future.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

Dumbass.

To be intellectually honest, the time frame Salty originally said was 5 years from now. Now being one year ago. SO he has 4 years for his prediction to come to fruition.

So it's been almost 7.5 years now. ROFL. SaltyDumb.

So legit question. Does anyone know Salty's real name? I just wanna make sure he wasn't involved in any mass shootings, commit suicide, or start a cult.