What's new

Smartphones to replace computers soon

4 years on the dot today. Anyone throw out their computer in favor of their cell phone recently?

I use my smartphone (note4) for 95% of all the things I need a computer for. So yes, it's pretty much replaced my regular computer. In fact, my desktop isn't even hooked up anymore. I have a laptop, but it's a work laptop so I use it for that, but nothing else.

You and I clearly have different computing needs. My Note 3 complements my computer, but there is virtually nothing besides a few games and my kindle app that I use my Note 3 for exclusively.

Just curious hack, where did you post your last post from? Phone or computer?

edit:

I will give the smartphone and free google maps full credit for just about destroying the GPS market, at least for consumer vehicle GPS units.

I've got a new cell phone and I let Verizon talk me into a tablet for 10 bucks a month. Can't stand trying to post on jazzfanz with the phone or tablet. I type way too much to use the phone or tablet much. Keeping my laptop and taking the tablet back to Verizon.

Anyone know for sure if Salty's okay? I hope he didn't kill himself over his dumbass prediction.

We're all wrong at times, Salt. No biggie.

I'll bet you all used your smartphone to set an alert to remind you of this momentous anniversary!

(it's been fun reading through this thread)

If your idea of fun is exactly what is depicted in your signature GIF.

I'm sitting at my computer, typing this amazing post.

Cropped ears.

Rose Bowl.

Smart Phone.

Clearly.

All throughout this thread Salty touted the amazing Windows 8. Anyone actually used Windows 8 who didn't pine for Windows 7 again? And Win 8 on a phone or tablet is just a mess (my son had one for 3 months then traded it in for an Android). We are pretty far from having phones replace computers, tbh. I just ordered the parts for my next gaming rig, and will pass down my current PC to my wife and kids.

Anyone know what ever happened to Salty anyway?

All throughout this thread Salty touted the amazing Windows 8. Anyone actually used Windows 8 who didn't pine for Windows 7 again? And Win 8 on a phone or tablet is just a mess (my son had one for 3 months then traded it in for an Android). We are pretty far from having phones replace computers, tbh. I just ordered the parts for my next gaming rig, and will pass down my current PC to my wife and kids.

Anyone know what ever happened to Salty anyway?

He's a male cheerleader for the Utes.

#include <beginderail.h>
When can I start fishing for the year?

You're going to need to learn to ice fish (not hard; drill hole, drop bait down hole, sit on your ***, drink beer, rinse/repeat), or get out and brave the rivers (Provo/Weber). Or, drive down here and fish tomorrow.

I am fishing a tournament in Arizona in three weeks -- maybe* -- and I can't wait.

*My partner's boat has ridden its last wake and we are scrambling to find a replacement vessel. It'll be a damn shame to miss this tourney because we don't have a floatation device.

You're going to need to learn to ice fish (not hard; drill hole, drop bait down hole, sit on your ***, drink beer, rinse/repeat), or get out and brave the rivers (Provo/Weber). Or, drive down here and fish tomorrow.

I am fishing a tournament in Arizona in three weeks -- maybe* -- and I can't wait.

*My partner's boat has ridden its last wake and we are scrambling to find a replacement vessel. It'll be a damn shame to miss this tourney because we don't have a floatation device.

I'm going to say that might happen this year, just like I did last year. But I did make it out to fish last year. So it's coming along!

I do not enjoy typing anything longer than a sentence on a phone.

You and I clearly have different computing needs. My Note 3 complements my computer, but there is virtually nothing besides a few games and my kindle app that I use my Note 3 for exclusively.

Just curious hack, where did you post your last post from? Phone or computer?

edit:

I will give the smartphone and free google maps full credit for just about destroying the GPS market, at least for consumer vehicle GPS units.

All my posts on Jazzfanz come straight from my phone. I never use a computer. I'll admit that it's not ideal, and it takes a little longer, it's a little harder to edit, post pictures, etc.., but I can't imagine just sitting down at a computer and posting on Jazzfanz for hours, or starting up the computer just to post a few things. I post when I'm bored or have a free minute or two. Which I can find time to do any part of the day, and isn't a big deal. It doesn't really require a set time. It's not much different than texting someone. Obviously, having a really good phone helps, which I have.

I heard PKM bought a couple. Check with him or his wife, he's down in your area.
Maybe you can steal them off his porch if he's out of town.