What's new

Snyder to step down - Woj

So if you believe that, why wouldnt he instantly switch on Quin?

He clearly said it wasnt Quin, meaning it's someone on the Jazz (someone he obviously cant name because of their power). If he was simply "eating Jazz table scraps" why would he continue to state the issue is still on teh Jazz?
That’s one interpretation certainly. For me though based on past tweets, he’s one of those guys that speaks out of the side of his mouth, often contradicting himself, and definitely not a bombshell guy. And in answer to your question about scapegoating Snyder, definitely not the Jazz or any organization’s style that I know of. Woj is in the same business certainly but he doesn’t speculate on the personal side much and he’s a lot more solid IMO.

Last edited:
Can't say I wouldn't consider that job more appealing in a lot of ways.
NC is beautiful and save for the skiing probably even trumps SLC in that regard and Atkinson is originally a New York guy, so they’ve got that going for them. However based on Snyder’s performance, his reported extension offers and his eight year run, this is a dteam job for somebody IMO.

Doesn’t matter… I tried to hint a guy should have played better and you went mama bear cuz someone was “blaming Don” in your eyes.
I said he should play better. **** man. Context actually matters.

I said he needs to play better, but even if he did, it would have ended like Denver at best. So saying we win the series if he plays better was something I called out.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Jingles, classy as always. I really miss him. The team was never the same when he got hurt. Honestly, one of the most depressing endings to a career in a long time. Joe deserved much better than going down to a torn ACL. Would love to see him play again but who knows if or when that’ll be. The basketball gods did him dirty.

I said he should play better. **** man. Context actually matters.

I said he needs to play better, but even if he did, it would have ended like Denver at best. So saying we win the series if he plays better was something I called out.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
How you called it out as me blaming Donovan… something you say you do… you don’t.

Donovan could lay a steamer on your chest and you’d blame yourself for not having an obvious bathroom labeled.

I haven’t been through all 17 pages, so please forgive me if this point has already been brought up. Food for thought:

- This past offseason, the Dallas Mavericks and Rick Carlisle parted ways prior to last season after a long tenure and not having much playoff success since a Finals victory during Dirk’s prime. Carlisle was pretty much universally seen as a top 5 NBA coach. Dallas hired Jason Kidd and made it to the WCF’s in Kidd’s first year with the team.

- This past offseason, the Boston Celtics made a coaching change, moving Brad Stevens into the front office and hiring rookie HC Ime Udoka to lead the team. Stevens was held in high regard in most NBA circles. The Boston Celtics have made it to the NBA Finals in Udoka’s first year with the team.

Now before I get roasted, I’m fully aware that we don’t even know what our roster is going to look like at this point for whoever our new HC is. My point is merely that losing Quin is not the be all end all for this team. I keep reading tweets (mostly from media, but a few from the fanbase), that are all too keen to point out just how good of a coach the Jazz are losing. While I’m fully aware Quin is a good coach, he’s also a coach that didn’t want to be here and that certainly had his limitations. I’ll still never forgive him for the 25 point blown lead in the 2nd half vs the Clippers. Coaching cost us that series, period.

There’s no need for Quin’s inability to see his contract out for this move to set the Jazz back. Granted, it’s now on ownership and Danny Ainge to make the right choice on his replacement (amongst a few other franchise altering decisions that loom).