What's new

Snyder to step down - Woj

Interesting. I doubt Quin wants to coach next season anyway.

View: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1533870546080890881

If he did the staring contest may have been part of them trying to get the Jazz to release him from his contract. Now that he has officially stepped down he could solicit offers from other teams more openly... but it may open up the trade avenue.

He most likely does the DL... take the free money for a year and will re-surface somewhere next year. DL likely joins a FO right around the time his contract term runs out and we can't "block" him from going elsewhere.

They’re going to draw out the time for the coaching search and Ainge is going to fill in as the interim guy, but only half time. Alex Jensen will run the day-to-day. Somewhere mid-December, Ainge is going to pull a Roger Dorn and activate himself.

View: https://youtu.be/bjyULRmaCMA

Ainge is gunning for the triple-crown: executive of the year, coach of the year, and most improved player.

So let me get this straight….our three time DPOY is forever grateful while our resident “untouchable” team captain is “unsettled” and “mulling his future” with the Jazz. :rolleyes:
Its clearly just Rudy angling his way into getting some organizational power.

They’re going to draw out the time for the coaching search and Ainge is going to fill in as the interim guy, but only half time. Alex Jensen will run the day-to-day. Somewhere mid-December, Ainge is going to pull a Roger Dorn and activate himself.

View: https://youtu.be/bjyULRmaCMA

Ainge is gunning for the triple-crown: executive of the year, coach of the year, and most improved player.

I doubt that... he looked pretty old and tired... Vegas has Bryant as the favorite. Jensen gets the job or he bounces imo.

Outside chance Ryan hires his roommate at BYU. He's loyal and coached his intramural team to 3rd place finish Ryan's senior year, but he was able to organize an offense that got Ryan 20 pts per game on 27% shooting.

Prediction - Bryant gets the job and becomes like Joe Ingles. Joe was brought in to help Dante adjust and be a familiar presence... turns out Joe was way better than Dante and contributed a lot. We bring in JB and even though Don still asks out Johnny becomes a great dev coach and it becomes a big win almost on accident. We actually get top dollar on a trade with Donovan when he organizes a scheme that gets donovan 35 pts per game... we go 30-52 and land the #1 pick... trade Donovan for a mega haul and Wemby becomes league MVP in year one.

Also, all the political unrest we have the last 5+ years is all just to hide the fact the aliens are invading... they take over but everyone is cool with it because they make a lot of **** better and defend us against the AI robot overlords that try to take over. The see humans as their pets and love the dumb stuff we do cuz its cute.

Johnnie Bryant has little or no relationship with Danny Ainge. He was part of the prior regime. He also has very little actual coaching experience, though he's done 2 years as an associate under Thibodeau. When Ainge hired Brad Stevens, Stevens was at least regarded as one of the best young coaches coming up in the college ranks and was thought of as a potential NBA coach.

I'm really curious to see which direction this goes.

There's also another elephant in the living room here, which is the question of whether the Jazz are self-conscious enough to insist on hiring a black coach in order to look progressive or appeal to players. It seems as though the league and the media have made it a thing to keep count of how many coaches are black vs. white these days.

Johnnie Bryant has little or no relationship with Danny Ainge. He was part of the prior regime. He also has very little actual coaching experience, though he's done 2 years as an associate under Thibodeau. When Ainge hired Brad Stevens, Stevens was at least regarded as one of the best young coaches coming up in the college ranks and was thought of as a potential NBA coach.

I'm really curious to see which direction this goes.

There's also another elephant in the living room here, which is the question of whether the Jazz are self-conscious enough to insist on hiring a black coach in order to look progressive or appeal to players. It seems as though the league and the media have made it a thing to keep count of how many coaches are black vs. white these days.
I do think they need a black head coach... all things equal. Its a largely African American league... and our market is very white... having a black coach would likely help guys feel more comfortable.

I don't think its to appear woke or whatevs... but simply finding a guy that relates to the players life experience and helping them navigate a unique environment.

Griffin would be a good value bet
I'd be happy with him Bryant or Jensen. Less enthused with a re-tread, but Stotts is a good coach.

I swear if Doc Rivers comes off the top rope and jumps in I'm gonna need some time off.

Andy mentioned Fizdale cuz he's close with Wade... interesting... it would be entertaining at least.