What's new

Snyder to step down - Woj

Quin came in as a development coach. He quickly found that we had a generational defensive center, likely HOFer based solely on his defense, which is super rare. So the team, and Quin, pivoted to all defense, and suddenly they couldn't make a basket. So then he AGAIN had to remake his entire scheme and philosophy around the young stud who can score 50 any given night, and then they put amazing shooters around him, but forgot to get anyone who could play defense.

He was basically yanked back and forth. And then he couldn't get the team to listen to him any more, and he decided he needed to take some time out.

He's a great coach, and a great basketball mind, but he had just run his course with us.

Last edited:
Bro, it's a mental illness when your entire persona is built around hating one specific player. Just looking at the last 20 threads you've started, over half have been about Mitchell, including one where you outright claim the thread will be toxic.

You're sick and that's all I'm ever going to say to you again because I am probably already on your kill list and I'm not in the mood to die. So, have fun with your hate and obsession. If you're not going to take my kind suggestion to seek help seriously, the only course of action at this point is to put you on ignore so I don't have to worry about having any level of connection to you when you inevitably shoot up a school or something.
Cool story man. Glad to see I got fans following everything I write.

Quin came in as a development coach. He quickly found that we had a generational defensive center, likely HOFer based solely on his defense, which is super rare. So the team, and Quin, pivoted to all defense, and suddenly they couldn't make a basket. So then he AGAINST had to remake his entire scheme and philosophy around the young stud who can score 50 any given night, and then they put amazing shooter around him, but forgot to get anyone who could play defense.

He was basically yanked back and forth. And then he couldn't get the team to listen to him any more, and he decided he needed to take some time out.

He's a great coach, and a great basketball mind, but he had just run his course with us.

I just don't get this logic. Everyone claims Quin is a great coach but what has he ever done to prove how great he is? He has the third-worst playoff win percentage of any active coach who's coached more than 40 postseason games. How anyone could look at that and say, "he's a great coach" is beyond me. I think Quin has established himself a decent regular season coach and a below average playoff coach. Overall, he's not great.

If Tony is still saying it's not on Quin after the dude steps down you know it really wasnt on Quin.

And I'm not even saying it's Don's fault. It starts at the top.

Did we sign Terry Stotts yet? I predicted him the day he was reported following the team on road trips.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

If Tony is still saying it's not on Quin after the dude steps down you know it really wasnt on Quin.

And I'm not even saying it's Don's fault. It starts at the top.

Tony is expressing an opinion in this case, not fact. Eventually, perennial system issues cease to be a problem with the roster and you have to look at coaching as a cause. Snyder was constantly exposed in the playoffs and all those players we brought in to fix it kept getting DNP-CD until it's too late. Sorry, but regardless of what Tony says, Snyder owns some of issues with the team's performance.

I'm not excited about Stotts taking the reigns. I'd rather to have someone with a newer philosophy, even if unproven. Time to try forward thinking. Keep up with the evolution of the game.