What's new

So the problem really is Corbin.

Stop trolling for a second and answer this: Wouldnt it be better to bring our crappier players of the bench to play against other teams crappier players so they have a better chance to succeed? (not talking specifically about tonight, but every game)

You seriously think I am trolling? I am making all of these posts simply to provoke reactions? Unbelievable. Maybe you should re-read them again, and understand that there are large elements of truth to them (that posters like Weezur, Cyrone Torbin and others have all confirmed)

To answer your question, absolutely. First of all, Watson shouldn't even be playing. Secondly, Carroll should be starting. Foye has been playing much better all season long than he did tonight.

The reason Foye starts is because Hayward excels off the bench, and Foye provides great spacing for Al in the starting unit. Not sure why you'd argue with that. Eevery second of court-time Watson gets is too much. Carroll vs. Marvin is the only coaching problem I have with Ty lately, and even that isn't a huge deal seeing as Carroll closes games MUCH more often than Marvin does.

You seriously think I am trolling? I am making all of these posts simply to provoke reactions? Unbelievable. Maybe you should re-read them again, and understand that there are large elements of truth to them (that posters like Weezur, Cyrone Torbin and others have all confirmed)
well, I do.
You raised some legit questions, which were then replied by decent answers.
I know you know how to read (you were intelligent enough to highlight severely fallacious posts on another thread) so your being an imbecile is not a matter of discussion.
you must be trolling or drunk.

Okay he should have subbed them out at the 8 minute mark, and proceeded to play them for 20 minutes straight. Stellar ****ing idea.
How about just starting the best ****ing players so they don't have to play 20 ****ing minutes in a row to get the minutes they deserve. There is absolutely no reason for Jefferson or Millsap to be playing more than Favors or Kanter anymore. There is no ****ing reason for Watson or Tinsley to start. There is no reason for Marvin to start or play over Carrolle, Burks or Hayward. This BS has been true all season. Yet here we are in ****ing March and Corbin still can't get it through his stupid head.

I wouldn't call myself a Corbin supporter, but the amount of blame he is getting for this game is ridiculous. I guess I should have seen it coming though. All that excess left-over blame from AL being out all went to Corbin.

Too many people have been drinking the Dutch-aid :)

Call a ....... timeout in the third quarter before they get too far behind and take out Watson, Marvin, and Foye -- is that so hard to figure out?
How about changing the lineup a bit for the 2nd half? Didn't we see the Jazz' 1-3 set a record for futility just a few games ago?

@tribjazz: Corbin dodged question about Foye/Williams/Watson ineffectiveness. "I'm concerned with our energy..."

The guy is a *******.

We are literally doomed.

When I read this I thought about that home game against the Spurs this year when Mo hit the game winner over Danny Green.

After the game Popovich expressed frustration that Danny gave Mo any airspace saying "what did you think he was going to do?"

Lets face it this team will always be a massive disappointment with Ty as our coach. He's terrible.

@Lockedonsports: .@tribjazz I was curious also that is why I looked at play by play to see where the move could have been. Didn't find it

How can anyone listen to this guy or tune in to his podcasts. Is it for the lulz?

I told him that in the future when the young guys are rolling in the 4th we leave them in since there won't be a way to get Al and Paul in

@Tjonessltrib: I wonder if Greg popovich would sit a big who gets 23 and 15 in three quarters for the rest of the game???

Lmao.

So it looks like everyone sees how much of an asshat Corbin is. Do the Jazz mgmt know that most everyone is laughing at them?

Main Corbin's problem is he appears clueless as to why some things work and some don't. When surprisingly something works he sticks with it.

Certain lineup brings the team back into the game?
Ride them until they fall on the court and die of exhaustion unless you have Al or Millsap on the bench. He doesn't understand why they got back into the game. He is ****ing scared to make any changes to the line up if things are going better than it was before. This leads us to guys playing 20+ minutes well into OT where they simply don't have any legs.

DMC was winded and could barely move and was uncharacteristically invisible on the offensive end? He can't fight the screens and chase Reddick? Bad luck, we won't make subs. You have a 23-15 dude sitting on your bench when your team looks like doing not too bad? Make him watch.

We have a winning record with our usual vet starting line-up? All is good. It's a system which works. SOMEHOW this all sort everything out, right? Why change if not broken?

I used to wonder what the real issue was. Was it Jefferson? Was if the FO? What it Corbin?

Answer: Corbin.

Worst coach in the NBA. How the Jazz are above .500 with him as a coach is a testament to the talent they have.

This is just stupidity from start to finish. To blame this game on Corbin, and not Watson Foye and Marvin is nothing short of compete idiocy.

Yeah, I forgot about the NBA rule that says you must play each of those guys for at least 15 minutes a game.

If only there was someone who controlled those minutes!

Again, I propose this question: What was he supposed to do if Marv Earl and Foye weren't given minutes? Play our core4 the entire game long?

Evans could easily take up some of those minutes. Hell, at that point might as well let Murphy do something out there. Couldn't have been worse.

As much venom as I'm spewing at Corbin, the real test (I guess) will be who he starts on Wednesday.

If he has any sack whatsoever Burks, Favors, Kanter, Carroll, and either Sap or Hayward would get the start.

If he's the same clueless Ty that we all know and loathe, then the starting lineup if Al is injured will be Favors/Sap/Foye/Marv/Watson.

I'm damn near willing to bet my house that it will be the latter. I will be truly stunned if Foye/Marv/Watson are not starting, even though they've earned a trip to the bench.

As much venom as I'm spewing at Corbin, the real test (I guess) will be who he starts on Wednesday.

If he has any sack whatsoever Burks, Favors, Kanter, Carroll, and either Sap or Hayward would get the start.

If he's the same clueless Ty that we all know and loathe, then the starting lineup if Al is injured will be Favors/Sap/Foye/Marv/Watson.

I'm damn near willing to bet my house that it will be the latter. I will be truly stunned if Foye/Marv/Watson are not starting, even though they've earned a trip to the bench.

I'd be beyond shocked if he proves us wrong.

Watch as I blow your mind with logic:

If you start a player in the 1st and 3rd quarters, they will be able to play more minutes without getting tired. So instead of starting the 3rd quarter, for example, with the three garbage players I can't even be bothered to remember the names of, and having Hayward Carroll and Burks play the last 22 minutes of the game, how about we start them in the 3rd, give them a short rest near the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th, and then bring them back?

It's the type of thing all other coaches typically do, but all other coaches have common sense. Corbin does not.

Why would you handcuff yourself to such rigid rotations without any chance of in game strategy?

I wouldn't call myself a Corbin supporter, but the amount of blame he is getting for this game is ridiculous. I guess I should have seen it coming though. All that excess left-over blame from AL being out all went to Corbin.

How many points did Corbin's starting unit score last night?

How many times has this happened this year?

It is Corbin's fault.

He misuses Foye. He misuses Al. He plays horrible players big minutes over better players. The fact that Marvin/Foye/etc put up so many donuts and still play is pathetic. He did the same thing last year with Howard and Bell. The fact that Marvin and Hayward play essentially the same amount of minutes is awful. The fact that it took TWO PG's getting injured before he would play Burks. The fact that he continues to rely on Al, when Al does nothing but hurt the team. I could go on and on.

@Lockedonsports: .@tribjazz I was curious also that is why I looked at play by play to see where the move could have been. Didn't find it

How can anyone listen to this guy or tune in to his podcasts. Is it for the lulz?

I told him that in the future when the young guys are rolling in the 4th we leave them in since there won't be a way to get Al and Paul in

He provides a lot of good insight and then backs it up with either stats or reason. Unlike 99.99999% of us on here.

He provides a lot of good insight and then backs it up with either stats or reason. Unlike 99.99999% of us on here.
No he doesn't. He forms an opinion based on what makes the franchise look best then hand picks the stats that make it look like he is correct.