What's new

So the problem really is Corbin.

He provides a lot of good insight and then backs it up with either stats or reason. Unlike 99.99999% of us on here.

And the spoiled fan hates him for it.

Way too many fans who don't appreciate the winning record the Jazz have delivered to us. Their expectations for a championship caliber team every season has led them to the ledge.

No he doesn't. He forms an opinion based on what makes the franchise look best then hand picks the stats that make it look like he is correct.

I disagree, his whole last post was basically, there is a reason Favors didn't go back in, then Foye Watson and Williams sucked ***, but you can't just banish them to outer darkness, and fans are lunatics. They were all pretty spot on imo.

I disagree, his whole last post was basically, there is a reason Favors didn't go back in, then Foye Watson and Williams sucked ***, but you can't just banish them to outer darkness, and fans are lunatics. They were all pretty spot on imo.
So the coach can't find the time to play the guy who was the best player on the floor the 1st 3 quarters. And the guy backing that up is the guy who always does exactly as I said. If Favors had come back in he would have found a reason for that to be the correct decision.
Simply Locke never disagrees openly with the coach or management of the Jazz. This is nothing new.
We are not asking for Foye and Marvin to be banished. Just not started and played more than the guys who have obviously outperformed them. As for Watson I can't make an argument that he should not just be banished. Because the team would be better off without him.

I'm dying for him to back up the stats of Foye/Marv/Watson since the all star break. If he can do that then he's a ****ing genius.

Foye is our best shooter and its not even close. He has to play, he just has to, he has to get out of this slump but he has to play. We have 2 real PG's on our roster that aren't injured and they both suck 90% of the time. Burks is not the answer, waiting until Mo gets back is the best option. Marvin, well he has been god awful on offense the entire season, but has been a pretty good defender. I would sit him if I was coaching though. Can't just throw people in and out of lineups based on who is hot at the moment. There isn't a coach in the league that does that.

And the spoiled fan hates him for it.

Way too many fans who don't appreciate the winning record the Jazz have delivered to us. Their expectations for a championship caliber team every season has led them to the ledge.

Franklin, how many games have you watched this year? Do you pay attention to matchups? Do you pay attention to who's guarding whom and who's on the floor when it's down to the last shot? How often do you see Ty sub in for defense? How often have you seen the Jazz lose because of that?

I remember the first time it happened in the beginning of the year against New Orleans and Grevius beat us on a drive. Well, who was protecting the rim -- Big Al. Well, why didn't he sub in Favors? That was the just the first of many mistakes like that during the year. Stats be damned. Watch the games. The individual plays. That's what a good coach does. Just watch what Pop does. And you will see a big difference.

Foye is our best shooter and its not even close. He has to play, he just has to, he has to get out of this slump but he has to play. We have 2 real PG's on our roster that aren't injured and they both suck 90% of the time. Burks is not the answer, waiting until Mo gets back is the best option. Marvin, well he has been god awful on offense the entire season, but has been a pretty good defender. I would sit him if I was coaching though. Can't just throw people in and out of lineups based on who is hot at the moment. There isn't a coach in the league that does that.

Foye should come off the bench. His overall skills don't warrant starting. Instant offense yes, but the rest of his game is mediocre.

Foye should come off the bench. His overall skills don't warrant starting. Instant offense yes, but the rest of his game is mediocre.

Agree he is not a great player, but he is literally the only threat from 3. With Al in the game you have to have him in there.

Foye - 39% fg, 40% 3pt
Hayward - 42% fg, 40% 3pt

Foye isn't our best shooter hands down. He is a good shooter and nothing else. He is a bench player. If Foye plays 15 mins a night, he is outstanding. If he is starting and averaging the same number of minutes as Hayward, he is a liability and further proof our coach sucks.

Does all of this hating on Corbin mean that Raja Bell is the Hero of JAzzfanz? haha
lol what a leap. Bell was the 1st example of Corbin not having the balls to be the coach. Remember when he kept playing him even after Bell disrespected him? He did not have the balls to stand up to Bell. Now he doesn't to stand up to Watson, Tinsley, Marvin, Millsap and Al.

Monta Ellis averages 37.5 MPG, and is consistently has one of the highest MPG ratings year in, year out.

He played with most of their bench tonight, with Jennings and Reddick exchanging duties until all three of them played at the end.

No matter when Foye or Watson would check in, they were getting their asses completely handed to them by their three guards. We were getting slaughtered all game long, and there was absolutely nothing we could do except hope that they would either stop hitting shots, or they would pass to players like Dunleavy or Ilyasova who would then miss shots themselves.

If Foye, Williams, or Watson has checked in with a few minutes left in first and third quarters, and then checked out a few minutes into the second and fourth quarters (as most coaches seem to time second team subs), they would have played mostly against Buck second teamers, while also allowing the starters time to rest before the 4th quarter push and, it turns out, overtime. Plus, it is much less likely that the Jazz would have fallen behind by 15 requiring a big comeback.

I get that you think the blame game has gotten out of hand and become a kind of group think lynching mentality, but I don't see how you've really addressed the issue of timing--starting your best players allows them to play more minutes with more rests than bringing them off the bench. And yes, with proper rest timing, starters can routinely play 35 minutes +. It's done all the time.

There's good reasons every other team starts its best players, this is one of them--another is not falling behind every first and third quarters requiring the subs (who are actually the better players) to save the starters' asses yet again.

Corbin deserves a hearty share of blame for his pig headed refusal to acknowledge these clear facts. He's far from the only problem but he's certainly one of the big ones.

Does all of this hating on Corbin mean that Raja Bell is the Hero of JAzzfanz? haha

Hell no, it means that corbin was an idiot for starting roger braille most of last season (until braille got hurt)