What's new

Stars Season Opener Game Thread: 8PM Mountain Time

Wat too early for a re-draft, but it's fun anyway.

Out of all the guys in the late lottery only Lively, Wallace, and Dick are really doing anything in the NBA right now.

I guess we would probably take Keyonte since he was 10th on the Jazz's big board. If that's the case then we're talking about who we could have taken with 16. If that's the case then, I would go for Jaime.
Yeah, but it's a lot easier after the fact and we're able to see what they can do on the big stage. Fact is, it's a crap shoot and aside from Wemby, there wasn't a lead pipe cinch to be found. But people saying we should have traded up are missing the whole point that three bites at the apple are better than one. We'd really be hating life right now if we'd traded up for Black following through on the pre-draft hype and missed out on Hendricks George and Sensabaugh. Jarace ain't doing squat and Bilal is undersized and not going to squeeze past Washington anyways. The Thompson Twins and Miller weren't gonna be going anywhere. And nobody but Miami had the foresight to bet on Jaquez and that was at 19.

Crazy how if you dont participate in group think you get called a douche.

Again, would anyone draft Hendricks in a redraft based off what we have seen thus far?
Lol.
I noted how you gave a like to soberashotrods posts a couple down. That said things like "
It was pretty ugly, lol, but again the offense doesn't need to be more than catch and shoot corner 3s for now. Once he gets to about 50 3pt fga, and if he isn't starting to hit those, then I'll start worrying about his offense.

Mostly I just want to see him start to feel comfortable and get great at defense. It unfortunately looks like it is going to take some time."
and "I think I still would, but would agree it's getting harder to feel that way. I also try not to overreact to small sample sizes. He still looks big and long and fast and his shooting stroke looks nice. Most of this things you can't teach. A lot of the things he struggles with can be taught and also find with time."

Thats how you be critical without being a douche. Huge difference in how you criticize this one certain player and how others criticize him.

Cy has been consistent on Hendricks from the beginning. I wasn’t even as high on him as everyone on here but multiple people who’s opinions I respect convinced me otherwise. If you go back and look at some of my early analysis of Hendricks I wasn’t a fan and had him 13/14 on my big board. Hendricks was hyped by literally 99% of people on here. You got attacked for saying anything bad about him.

Cy is also right if we had to redraft based what we know at this very moment we don’t take him again at 9. We would try to trade up or take someone else.
Ya no one is saying cy has been or is wrong about hendricks. People just saying he is acting like a douche when it come to hendricks.

I wanted Whitmore originally and still want him but I think you are going seriously overboard with the Hendricks hate. You need to dial it down.
Senator-Joseph-McCarthy-Army-McCarthy-hearings-1954-.jpg

I notice there are zero "I can't wait for Hendricks to prove you wrong" posts directed at Cy. Strange, since people love to dunk on him for being wrong all the time. You guys should be so confident that Hendricks will turn out well and Cy will take the L.

He didn't want to pick they guy, and he's been very disappointing so far, albeit very early on. So yea, he's hyper critical. No one is arguing his against his actual basketball takes or saying why Hendricks will figure it out though. Just yelling at Cy for being mean.

Idk that seems kinda telling to me.

I notice there are zero "I can't wait for Hendricks to prove you wrong" posts directed at Cy. Strange, since people love to dunk on him for being wrong all the time. You guys should be so confident that Hendricks will turn out well and Cy will take the L.

He didn't want to pick they guy, and he's been very disappointing so far, albeit very early on. So yea, he's hyper critical. No one is arguing his against his actual basketball takes or saying why Hendricks will figure it out though. Just yelling at Cy for being mean.

Idk that seems kinda telling to me.
Exactly. Like i posted a bit back. No one is saying he wrong. Just saying maybe dont be such a douche when you are right. Like you say in your post. He is being mean and hyper critical and that is what is being called out. Looks like you are also on that same page.

Exactly. Like i posted a bit back. No one is saying he wrong. Just saying maybe dont be such a douche when you are right. Like you say in your post. He is being mean and hyper critical and that is what is being called out. Looks like you are also on that same page.
I think the people casting stones would be absolutely destroying Bilal if we had taken him over Hendricks and he looked even close to as bad as Hendricks has. People get really invested in this stuff, and feel strongly about it. *shrug*

I think the people casting stones would be absolutely destroying Bilal if we had taken him over Hendricks and he looked even close to as bad as Hendricks has. People get really invested in this stuff, and feel strongly about it. *shrug*
Maybe. But why would that be? Maybe cause cy acts like a douche often. So when a guy like THT, who is a jazz player so we would all want him to succeed, sucks in a game there is definitely more people posting about him sucking. Why would jazzfanz post about tht sucking when that is bad for the jazz? Well I think we know the answer. Maybe if we drafted Bilal and he was sucking then cy would get a lot of flack for it.

On the other hand who was cy's favorite prospect? Thats right, JHS. How has he performed so far this year? According to your theory we should all be bringing up JHS all the time just to "get Cy". Yet no one ever mentions JHS. "shrug"

I guess cy gets treated how he does because he posts the way he does. I think that is ok. If he hates it then he can always change. Or not. Whatever.

Maybe. But why would that be? Maybe cause cy acts like a douche often. So when a guy like THT, who is a jazz player so we would all want him to succeed, sucks in a game there is definitely more people posting about him sucking. Why would jazzfanz post about tht sucking when that is bad for the jazz? Well I think we know the answer. Maybe if we drafted Bilal and he was sucking then cy would get a lot of flack for it.

On the other hand who was cy's favorite prospect? Thats right, JHS. How has he performed so far this year? According to your theory we should all be bringing up JHS all the time just to "get Cy". Yet no one ever mentions JHS. "shrug"

I guess cy gets treated how he does because he posts the way he does. I think that is ok. If he hates it then he can always change. Or not. Whatever.
I guess, really my only point is that no one seems to have any actual reason for optimism for Hendricks, so they attack the messenger and how the message gets delivered.

I guess, really my only point is that no one seems to have any actual reason for optimism for Hendricks, so they attack the messenger and how the message gets delivered.
Nah I just thought it was funny seeing Cy of all people try to preach on how to disagree with civility.

I think regardless of draft takes we’d rather have our players do well. I can’t say the same for Cy. I think he’s actually been improving as a poster outside of talking about THT or Hendricks though. Actually quite good when he doesn’t let bias get in the way.

Give it a year. Rookies are made of Teflon. Every mistake is because they are a rookie and every positive is something that will exponentially improve in the future. 2nd year dudes are like "ahh, yeah actually he might not be great" when they realize some players just have a limited ability to improve on their flaws.

I mean last year posters around here were acting like Walker had hands made of the highest quality goose feathered pillow and that his future was going to be a touch finish God because he caught a few passes. Now they are like "oh yeah Walker is kind of limited and he cant catch everything"

I think regardless of draft takes we’d rather have our players do well. I can’t say the same for Cy. I think he’s actually been improving as a poster outside of talking about THT or Hendricks though. Actually quite good when he doesn’t let bias get in the way.
Eh... I think some people legitimately are rooting against THT now just so Cy can look worse. They have become everything they were supposed to hate.

View: https://twitter.com/BensHoops/status/1723740906829029377

So the guy plays through the flu or some **** in his first G League game and we all writing him off. Maybe... just maybe... some patience is needed. IDK

No reason a message board can't react in real time to what is happening. Especially now that he is actually on a basketball court. Everyone is hoping that he's figuring it out and will get better in time, but obviously wish we would could have seen more to get hopeful about that possibility by now.

Agreed. I thought that was pretty obvious.