What's new

Stephen Jackson calls out Utah fans now.

What Westbrook did there was fine imo. Did Westbrook need to call out the whole fan base for being disrespectful and vulgar based off that incident though?
What's he suppose to say? Does he need to approximate the percentage of fans? Everyone knows what he means when he says that. I don't think any logical person is at home thinking "Wow, every single Utah fans is calling Westbrook a ****boi bitch and saying that his mother has chlamydia". They probably just think Utah has a few more a-holes than the typical fanbase, which is probably true.

Like I said at the start. If you are offended by what he said you are probably insecure about something, especially when you bring race into it when Russ never said anything about race.

Westbrook said nothing about race tho. He said fans made disrespectful comments. Which is probably true. Some people make it their job to find racism in everything. /shrug

So he said opposing (jazz) fans were vulgar and disrespectful to him? He should probably say that in every press conference after every road game then.

We are disrespectful and vulgar. Just wait till Hayward comes to town. I'm gonna try to get close enough seats so I can heckle him all game.

Exactly. Every home crowd is vulgar and disrespectful to the opponent. Westbrook should shut the **** up about it.

What's he suppose to say? Does he need to approximate the percentage of fans? Everyone knows what he means when he says that. I don't think any logical person is at home thinking "Wow, every single Utah fans is calling Westbrook a ****boi bitch and saying that his mother has chlamydia". They probably just think Utah has a few more a-holes than the typical fanbase, which is probably true.

Like I said at the start. If you are offended by what he said you are probably insecure about something, especially when you bring race into it when Russ never said anything about race.

I didn’t bring race into it. It was already in the discussion when I showed up.

Why doesn’t he say fans of other teams are vulgar and disrespectful? Why single out Utah jazz fans above all others?

I didn’t bring race into it. It was already in the discussion when I showed up.

Why doesn’t he say fans of other teams are vulgar and disrespectful? Why single out Utah jazz fans above all others?
Probably because he feels that Utah is the worst he has experienced?

If you called someone an ******* because they were such an ******* they inspired a reaction from you, do you then call every person who has ever been an ******* to you in your life because you dont want that first ******* to feel bad about being called an *******?

You are probably a racist judging from how little you seem to understand about racism.

Literally everyone has made fun of Elfrid Payton's hair and no one thinks it's racist to do so. You are just being facetious and it makes you look like an *******/racist.

Oh Sigh, I could set my watch to your contrarian ********. You might be the worst poster on Jazzfanz, but hey, at least you’re the most consistent.

I got the chance to become acquainted with Donyell Marshall during his time with the Utah Jazz. We actually got the chance to have a couple of very interesting conversations on this exact topic. Long story short, while Utah was easily the whitest fan base he ever played for, he said we were far and away the kindest as well. You wouldn’t believe some of the crap her heard from HIS OWN FAN BASE in some of those bigger, “more enlightened” markets. He also said opposing players tend to exaggerate what Utah fans say as its pretty easy to play off the large group of white people as bigots. Interestingly enough, he even pointed out that opposing players didn’t seem to have any complaints about Jazz fan behavior when they were winning in Utah.

Rather be a contrarian than a racist.

Believe it or not, if some people saw me mocking Elfrid Payton for his hair, they’d just assume I’m a racist without gathering more information. Hell, Elfrid himself might refer to me as a racist Jazz fan to the media after the fact. Kinda like you’re labeling me one from the safety of your own computer screen with little to no information about me or my beliefs.

Believe it or not, if some people saw me mocking Elfrid Payton for his hair, they’d just assume I’m a racist without gathering more information. Hell, Elfrid himself might refer to me as a racist Jazz fan to the media after the fact. Kinda like you’re labeling me one from the safety of your own computer screen with little to no information about me or my beliefs.

Well you are a white guy from Utah so obviously you are a racist Mormon polygamist

I'm mocking you for having to question it.

Look, there are things that are clearly racist and if you just go through some critical thinking and empathy, you can usually figure it out.

Are there people out there who inject racism (incorrectly) into anything they can? Sure, but you do you really need to be facetious about it? We all know Elfrid Payton's haircut is flat out goofy, mainly because it seems to interfere with his vision at times.

And I didnt label you one, I just said you are probably one judging from the way you approach it.

Last edited:
You probably should rethink this, in just about everything in life. . .
I should rethink listening to people's experiences, especially people that have a different background than I do?

I'm sorry, but the way I just read your comment is "I'm a ****ing dick." If I'm misreading you or you misunderstood my point, then I apologize. If not, you're a ****ing dick.

Please explain how you came to this conclusion.

...I don't think any logical person is at home thinking "Wow, every single Utah fans is calling Westbrook a ****boi bitch and saying that his mother has chlamydia". ....
Uhh, I have news for you, yes, we are all thinking that.

Very bad show by Utah. Adam Silver should clamp down on this horrendous behavior now and call for all games this series to be played in Houston. It is terrible optics for the league to have what we all saw happen in that last game in Utah.

And how can you not bring race into this? I saw two white fans get into the face of a black player. Why didn't those white fans get into Nick Collison's face? I think you know the answer.

Guys I’ve been to nba games in 17 arenas now. IMO Utah is more vocal about taunting than anywhere else I’ve been. More racist? Idk hard to say. But culturally, it’s common practice in Utah to relentlessly heckle the opposing players. Most places I’ve been the crowd has been far more disinterested in the game (maybe just vocally), which in turn means less heckling in general.

I think there is some truth to the fact the Utah away game experience can be brutal on players. It’s also part of what makes Utah very hard to play in.

Keep in mind I haven’t seen games in the northeast, which I understand have some pretty insane fans as well. There could be some crazy heckling in Boston and philly.

IMO, If you feel offended by the generalizations of Utahns, just keep in mind that it is a side effect of having a raucous crowd. There will certainly be some people who take it too far. But on the whole, the crowd is just very passionate about the team, and inherently feel a desire to heckle away.

Uhh, I have news for you, yes, we are all thinking that.

Very bad show by Utah. Adam Silver should clamp down on this horrendous behavior now and call for all games this series to be played in Houston. It is terrible optics for the league to have what we all saw happen in that last game in Utah.

And how can you not bring race into this? I saw two white fans get into the face of a black player. Why didn't those white fans get into Nick Collison's face? I think you know the answer.
This is absolutly the stupidest post I’ve ever seen.