What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Holiday's and customs as an obligation, as something to constrain and bind us.

Let things like Thanksgiving enable you to enjoy this time of year. Don't let it obligate you to do things you don't want to do. If there's something about the current tradition that you don't like, don't do it! Start a new tradition.

Holiday's and customs as an obligation, as something to constrain and bind us.

Let things like Thanksgiving enable you to enjoy this time of year. Don't let it obligate you to do things you don't want to do. If there's something about the current tradition that you don't like, don't do it! Start a new tradition.

This.

I've tried for a decade to get my family to do "second Thanksgiving" on the following Saturday or Sunday every other year so we can all be together every year. Thanksgiving is by far my favorite tradition, but my family can't get over the fact that we wouldn't be doing it on Thursday, and have always refused. For reasons unknown, they finally relented this year and realized my point, but still tied it to Sunday dinner after church.

It's an improvement.

This.

I've tried for a decade to get my family to do "second Thanksgiving" on the following Saturday or Sunday every other year so we can all be together every year. Thanksgiving is by far my favorite tradition, but my family can't get over the fact that we wouldn't be doing it on Thursday, and have always refused. For reasons unknown, they finally relented this year and realized my point, but still tied it to Sunday dinner after church.

It's an improvement.

Supposed to be multi-quote with Bulletproof, oh well.

I completely agree, don't keep tradition if it lacks meaning or is not what you want it to be, just because you've always done it. There is nothing wrong with making something better, or creating something new to fit your needs. Whatever it takes to be with people you want to be with, should be a good portion of a tradition. It shouldn't be something we feel we have to do so it becomes a chore we don't look forward to. Sometimes I feel that way about some holidays, I endure them and wish I had a real vacation to recover. I'm in the process of making changes to fit mine and my families needs. Maybe a compromise that meets in the middle that is better for all, but maybe not perfect for each.

Not really a stupid pet peeve as much as a **** you, you inconsiderate ****s. Shopping on Thanksgiving Day. ****ing *****.

Not really a stupid pet peeve as much as a **** you, you inconsiderate ****s. Shopping on Thanksgiving Day. ****ing *****.
Agreed. Anyone who does this should be ashamed of themselves.

Why does my dish washer only hold like .005 ounces of rinse aid? Why can't I put the whole bottle in there and forget about it for at least a few weeks?

E cigarettes. Maybe it's not the "vaping", but the people doing it. They're worse than smokers. They literally have zero ***** to give about laws/rules about them. "I know it says no smoking right there, but this isn't smoking, it's vaping." Assholes.

**** day at work, a colleague got hurt, spent nearly the entire shift dealing with the scum of the earth. At home tired and pissed off. Dammit.

E cigarettes. Maybe it's not the "vaping", but the people doing it. They're worse than smokers. They literally have zero ***** to give about laws/rules about them. "I know it says no smoking right there, but this isn't smoking, it's vaping." Assholes.

Friend of mine owns a gas station and kicked a kid out because he vaped and tried to argue that he could vape inside. Not true and said friend actually showed him the law.

PSA of the day:
If you know there is an electrician working in the office next to yours, and you hear a circuit breaker trip, DON'T be a nice guy and reset it. That is a very good way to have some poor electrician suddenly have electricity flowing their body. Please just leave it alone and let the Sparky turn it back on when he's ready.

PSA of the day:
If you know there is an electrician working in the office next to yours, and you hear a circuit breaker trip, DON'T be a nice guy and reset it. That is a very good way to have some poor electrician suddenly have electricity flowing their body. Please just leave it alone and let the Sparky turn it back on when he's ready.
Yikes!