What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

I have an eye condition called keratoconus and recently got scleral contacts. They are large contacts that don't directly touch your cornea. They vault over your cornea and you fill them with a solution that essentially eliminates the irregularity of my cornea. They work okay. I had better vision with glasses.

I wore glasses for about 14 years. Never once had them come off my face by accident.

I have an eye condition called keratoconus and recently got scleral contacts. They are large contacts that don't directly touch your cornea. They vault over your cornea and you fill them with a solution that essentially eliminates the irregularity of my cornea. They work okay. I had better vision with glasses.

I wore glasses for about 14 years. Never once had them come off my face by accident.

Whoa! Never met somebody else with Keratoconus before.

I had one eye that rapidly declined. Couldn’t be corrected, not with glasses or contacts. Eventually went and got surgery in Canada because in the US it was considered experimental, even though they’ve been doing it for decades. PRK + X-linking. Worked wonders.

Someone on my street has hung a confederate flag on their garage today.

Actually, this is stronger than a pet peeve. It makes me ill.

Probably couldn't get the permit for the burning cross, give them time...

That is a way in which america is very different to here almost nobody has an Australian flag out the front of their house, ever, I like that. However the number of people who complain about the Aboriginal flag being flown at my work next to the Australian flag ***** me.

My neighbor across the street has one on his garage too. And one on his pick up.
Despite that i actually really like the guy. Great neighbor and fun guy to hang put and have a beer with.

My neighbor across the street has one on his garage too. And one on his pick up.
Despite that i actually really like the guy. Great neighbor and fun guy to hang put and have a beer with.
Does the guy have any connection to the South or does he just want to make sure people know he misses the days when black people were slaves?

I don't get anyone not from the South even slightly being able to justify why they display the loser Confederate flag other than racism. I mean I don't even buy it when they are from the South, but how can I argue against their "heritage" BS?

Does the guy have any connection to the South or does he just want to make sure people know he misses the days when black people were slaves?

I don't get anyone not from the South even slightly being able to justify why they display the loser Confederate flag other than racism. I mean I don't even buy it when they are from the South, but how can I argue against their "heritage" BS?

I dont think he is from the south but im not sure.
He tried to explain it to me once and it was all about patriotism and pride and blah blah blah.

He is also a flat earther and i dont know if i would call him a trumpster or not but i know he hated hillary a lot. (Hating hillary in no way makes someone a trump fan imo though)

I don't know this particular neighbor, so I have no idea where he is from. This doesn't make me want to seek an acquaintance.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

If my neighbor did that I swear to god I would spray paint RACIST on their car. My son's old friends dad had a bunch of Trump stuff on his truck and same one carved **** TRUMP into the side of his truck in huge letters. I wouldn't do that for a pro Trump guy but hanging a confederate flag is like hanging a Nazi flag during WW2 in America at this point as far as I'm concerned.

Hate speech ya ****tard. Obviously you don't recognize the significance of it. You got your nazi flag flying?
We may not like it but people are free to hate and free to express that hate in a lawful manner. Hanging a flag is far different from, say, not hiring someone because they are black or beating up a gay person for being gay. You could lobby to have that made illegal but right now that is their right. Like it or not.

We may not like it but people are free to hate and free to express that hate in a lawful manner. Hanging a flag is far different from, say, not hiring someone because they are black or beating up a gay person for being gay. You could lobby to have that made illegal but right now that is their right. Like it or not.
I absolutely have to agree.

People have the right to express their racists views. While there are many choices we can make regarding a person who expresses racists views, committing crimes against them, destroying their property, etc. are not part of our choices within the law.

Let's all take a super deep breath. People right now are excited to share their racist views. Let's just go ahead and let them make their views clear. They are not going to win, not long term. They just won't. I mean look at their flags. Two of the most loser *** flags that have ever represented losers. Two nations based on racism that the USA beat into absolute submission. Let's let them pretend like either of their idol nations was worth a damn before pulling the rug out from under them. They are a joke.

I absolutely have to agree.

People have the right to express their racists views. While there are many choices we can make regarding a person who expresses racists views, committing crimes against them, destroying their property, etc. are not part of our choices within the law.

Let's all take a super deep breath. People right now are excited to share their racist views. Let's just go ahead and let them make their views clear. They are not going to win, not long term. They just won't. I mean look at their flags. Two of the most loser *** flags that have ever represented losers. Two nations based on racism that the USA beat into absolute submission. Let's let them pretend like either of their idol nations was worth a damn before pulling the rug out from under them. They are a joke.

They want to express how tough they are while ******** all over a huge segment of Americans, right? Having empathy for the plight of blacks(just think of slave ships stacked with people ******** and puking all over each other), it's easy... you display your flag of hate, expect your **** to get wrecked. That's the risk you take.

Last edited:
When a website won't display because it's waiting for stupid links to ads.

Even worse when you've got an adblocker but the way the browser works, those ads still have to pretend-load before you can see the website. Especially annoying on work computer/projector when I'm trying to look something up with my students.

They want to express how tough they are while ******** all over a huge segment of Americans, right? Having empathy for the plight of blacks(just think of slave ships stacked with people ******** and puking all over each other), it's easy... you display your flag of hate, expect your **** to get wrecked. That's the risk you take.

Not cool and not productive.

Not cool and not productive.

What's productive though? You think you can talk sense to someone like that? I've seen a lot of confederate flags in Florida, where it's a ****ed up redneck pride thing, but if I saw one displayed on my street? Oh man.

What's productive though? You think you can talk sense to someone like that? I've seen a lot of confederate flags in Florida, where it's a ****ed up redneck pride thing, but if I saw one displayed on my street? Oh man.

But i mean why would you want to start a war with a neighbor over a flag.
My neighbor has a confederate flag on display. He is a great neighbor though. If i ever need help with a project or need to borrow something (a ladder or some tools) he is always willing to help. He plays with my dog, loves my daughter, takes my garbages in for me when im camping, calls to let me know i left my garage door open. He invites me over for parties or to sit by his fire in the back yard and have some beers.

But i could ruin all of that by hating him for that stupid flag that i dont like. Then maybe he vandalizes my stuff, looks the other way if he sees someone breaking into my house, calls the cops if i have a loud party, etc etc.

His ignorance with that flag and with his politics in general doesnt change the fact that he is a really good neighbor and a nice guy who is fun to hang out with.

But i mean why would you want to start a war with a neighbor over a flag.
My neighbor has a confederate flag on display. He is a great neighbor though. If i ever need help with a project or need to borrow something (a ladder or some tools) he is always willing to help. He plays with my dog, loves my daughter, takes my garbages in for me when im camping, calls to let me know i left my garage door open. He invites me over for parties or to sit by his fire in the back yard and have some beers.

But i could ruin all of that by hating him for that stupid flag that i dont like. Then maybe he vandalizes my stuff, looks the other way if he sees someone breaking into my house, calls the cops if i have a loud party, etc etc.

His ignorance with that flag and with his politics in general doesnt change the fact that he is a really good neighbor and a nice guy who is fun to hang out with.

That's nice that you like him, but would you feel the same way if you were black? Maybe you should ask him how a black 12-year-old would feel should they happen to walk by his house.

You're in Utah, right? There is no place for that ****, I don't care how nice the dude might seem. Are you willing to have that discussion with him?