What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Painting.
220px-Bob_at_Easel.jpg

Philistine.

Its 630am and i'm out of bed getting ready for work, doing a cash job today which will be a piece of piss, hardest part is getting up and getting there which i really can't be bothered with.

Starting conversations and sentences with "I mean." If you haven't yet said anything, why are you trying to explain what you meant? It has bugged me ever since athletes and others on TV started doing it.

And guess who is starting to do it herself? It's funny how you start to adopt speech patterns you heard a lot, even if you dislike them.

How long until the word "verse" replaces "versus" in the dictionary, and is recognized first and foremost as a verb?

My wife mentioned this as a halloween costume. I'm thinking a dildo through the hole instead of a thumb as I hold the palette at waist height would be the only way to make it remotely interesting.

Ya i have already seen this costume like 3 different times this year. Played out.
Adding the dildo would make it unique at least.

Both of my parents are blind as a bat. I got their genes and have terrible eyesight as well. I was -3.75 in both of my eyes back in 2011 and had PRK eye surgery. The surgery, besides hurting for a week or so (and I had the epithelial of my eye rubbed off playing basketball about a month after sugery - worst night of my life - eye pain is the worst and unless you have numbing drops, there's nothing you can do about it) worked pretty well and I could see 20/20 for about two years. Then my eyes started going bad again and have progressively gotten worse each year. I wear contacts or glasses now and lately, it's been really hard to see what I write on my phone or to keep what I write in focus. I feel like my dyslexia has gotten 10x's worse because of it - words on the screen move or pop-out more than others and following words left to write is hard (I see paragraphs not individual words.) I like to edit my posts after I post because, for whatever reason, it's easier to see but lately, I've noticed my sentences are getting bad. I'm either flipping things, repeating things, skipping words or I mean to write something and my brain computes it, but I write something completely different. EDIT: While editing this post, I've corrected two things where I've done that. For example, I wanted to write, "worst night of my life" but instead I wrote, "was night in my life."

I'm not sure if PRK screwed up my vision because I feel my eyesight has never been the same since surgery. I know I've never been the strongest writer and have always struggled to articulate myself, but damn, I feel like it's getting worse. It might be from always posting on my phone too. I'm on a laptop and it seems to be much easier to see what I'm writing so maybe I'll start posting from this more often.

Anyway, my pet peeve is my eyesight. You people who can see, you're lucky sobs.

Both of my parents are blind as a bat. I got their genes and have terrible eyesight as well. I was -3.75 in both of my eyes back in 2011 and had PRK eye surgery. The surgery, besides hurting for a week or so (and I had the epithelial of my eye rubbed off playing basketball about a month after sugery - worst night of my life - eye pain is the worst and unless you have numbing drops, there's nothing you can do about it) worked pretty well and I could see 20/20 for about two years. Then my eyes started going bad again and have progressively gotten worse each year. I wear contacts or glasses now and lately, it's been really hard to see what I write on my phone or to keep what I write in focus. I feel like my dyslexia has gotten 10x's worse because of it - words on the screen move or pop-out more than others and following words left to write is hard (I see paragraphs not individual words.) I like to edit my posts after I post because, for whatever reason, it's easier to see but lately, I've noticed my sentences are getting bad. I'm either flipping things, repeating things, skipping words or I mean to write something and my brain computes it, but I write something completely different. EDIT: While editing this post, I've corrected two things where I've done that. For example, I wanted to write, "worst night of my life" but instead I wrote, "was night in my life."

I'm not sure if PRK screwed up my vision because I feel my eyesight has never been the same since surgery. I know I've never been the strongest writer and have always struggled to articulate myself, but damn, I feel like it's getting worse. It might be from always posting on my phone too. I'm on a laptop and it seems to be much easier to see what I'm writing so maybe I'll start posting from this more often.

Anyway, my pet peeve is my eyesight. You people who can see, you're lucky sobs.
My uncorrected vision is worse than what yours was. But it's held steady for the last three years. Thinking seriously about Lasik. At my last eye doc appointment, he said I'd be a candidate. Just gotta pull the trigger.

My eyes have never been stable enough for surgery and now the warranty has run out so I'll never be a candidate for it.

My wife mentioned this as a halloween costume. I'm thinking a dildo through the hole instead of a thumb as I hold the palette at waist height would be the only way to make it remotely interesting.

By adding yourself to a costume it already has a **** in it. Possibly an injured one that doesn't look as fit as last year, maybe you should start a thread?

My uncorrected vision is worse than what yours was. But it's held steady for the last three years. Thinking seriously about Lasik. At my last eye doc appointment, he said I'd be a candidate. Just gotta pull the trigger.
My wife got lasik and loved the results and the surgery was easy as can be and the recovery was a piece of cake. Everything about it was awesome. Except the cost. I think it was a little over 4,000 bucks

My wife got lasik and loved the results and the surgery was easy as can be and the recovery was a piece of cake. Everything about it was awesome. Except the cost. I think it was a little over 4,000 bucks
I would happily pay 4k to get rid of my glasses. Wearing glasses is more limiting than people think. I finally bought a band to hold them on my head when I go to the beach so I can just run out in the water with everyone else instead of finding some place to put my glasses and then hope they don't get scratched from the sand. My son lost a pair on a roller coaster because he didn't want to see it blurry, and they of course flew off his face. I could go on and on. Believe me I know that glasses are a modern-day miracle, I could not imagine being in the middle ages with eyesight like mine, I would probably not have lasted much into my 20's, other than the fact that I am awesome.

I started wearing glasses in 2nd grade, and my eyes worsened so much that I had to get new glasses every 6 months until I was 14, when I started wearing contacts (the greatest invention ever). I've never really learned to swim, because being in water is the most helpless feeling for me without either glasses or contacts. I can't do Lasik because my eyes are too bad and the outcomes aren't great. Not worth the risk as I would be guaranteed to have the side effects and probably couldn't drive at night.

I've had to go back to wearing glasses the majority of the time due to borderline glaucoma and other eye issues, and I hate it. But I am grateful for them, because without them I wouldn't be able to function at all.