What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

When you're in moderate traffic, nothing serious, everything's moving but traffic is heavy and you find yourself behind the guy who likes to give 2 football fields worth of following distance. That's not the pet peeve. The pet peeve is when this person, faced with a yellow light and plenty of time to stop just glides on through as the light turns red and leaves you behind.

Similar, I assume it's the exact same people, but when you're behind a slowpoke who when you get to a 4 way stop doesn't even sort of come to a rolling stop, they just flat out run it.

Try walking in DisneyOrifice. I dont think I can complain ever again about driving traffic. I've gotten so tired of navigating around oblivious walkers that I let them run into me. Then they get angry that I somehow ran into their self absorbed, oblivious self.

How do people who do completely oblivious **** get angry at others for a problem they create? Can anyone explain the thought process of people absorbed entirely in their own little world? They shouldn't exist.

Try walking in DisneyOrifice. I dont think I can complain ever again about driving traffic. I've gotten so tired of navigating around oblivious walkers that I let them run into me. Then they get angry that I somehow ran into their self absorbed, oblivious self.

How do people who do completely oblivious **** get angry at others for a problem they create? Can anyone explain the thought process of people absorbed entirely in their own little world? They shouldn't exist.
This happened at Sam's club the other day. Lot of cars in the parking lot more or less gridlocked. We are walking behind some guy and his wife. The guy is walking down the middle of the lane, intently eyeing his phone, when he walks straight into the back of a car that hasn't moved the whole time we were walking from our car, and the guy totally flipped out. F bombs, smacking the car, flipping the woman off red-faced, and all that had happened is he just walked right into her. She hadn't even moved an inch. *******

This happened at Sam's club the other day. Lot of cars in the parking lot more or less gridlocked. We are walking behind some guy and his wife. The guy is walking down the middle of the lane, intently eyeing his phone, when he walks straight into the back of a car that hasn't moved the whole time we were walking from our car, and the guy totally flipped out. F bombs, smacking the car, flipping the woman off red-faced, and all that had happened is he just walked right into her. She hadn't even moved an inch. *******

I cant beat this if I try and lie.

Via text:
Wife to me: Are you working late tonight?
Me: Define late
Wife: Five paragraphs spread over four messages with every last second of her day
Me: can you just tell me what time I need to be home?
Her: 6:00
Me: ok

"What time do you think you'll be done?"

"When will you be home?"

You'd think after 4 years of this she would realize that I never really know until 10-15 minutes beforehand, and then if I try to guess and I'm wrong, she gets mad at me. Drives me nuts.

Guys that somehow miss the urinal in a bathroom. Seems like every public bathroom I go to has a pool of piss on the ground.
I am pro-guns (generally), but I would wear a t-shirt that read "many men can't hit a toilet 12" away, do you really want them aiming a gun"?

Via text:
Wife to me: Are you working late tonight?
Me: Define late
Wife: Five paragraphs spread over four messages with every last second of her day
Me: can you just tell me what time I need to be home?
Her: 6:00
Me: ok

I finally ended my marriage over this ****. I'm the walking definition of midlife crisis guy.

Hey! I just got divorced! I'm 36 so I already had my mid like crisis 6 years ago. So who knows what this one is.

My condolences. Seems like everyone is getting divorced lately. Add you and kicky to the list.

I'm not getting legally divorced unless she decides to do so, but I am no longer vowed to her. She doesn't seem to believe it yet but whatever.

When was this?

On his FB, thought I saw a Seth posting there.

LDS church(or any for that matter) involvement in politics. Prop 2 most recently. Forfeit your tax exemption of stfu.

Well yeah, but this isn't really the church. It's church members like Gail Miller who are on all these boards seeking to mold Utah. We are managed like clay in this state by Gail Miller and her friends. And who knows what role LDS leadership plays in that.

On his FB, thought I saw a Seth posting there.

Well yeah, but this isn't really the church. It's church members like Gail Miller who are on all these boards seeking to mold Utah. We are managed like clay in this state by Gail Miller and her friends. And who knows what role LDS leadership plays in that.

$135k spent in opposition ads saysotherwise. I’ll try to find a link to corroborate that number.

$135k spent in opposition ads saysotherwise. I’ll try to find a link to corroborate that number.

I’m not finding anything stating the church itself donated but Plumb used the churches influence as well as personally donated $200k and a company he owns also contributed $100k. My biggest issue is that the state legislature is 80% Mormon. That does not give its citizens equal representation. Is that not their job? Represent their constituents? It was a party line vote to pass the “compromise” except for 1 R that worked against. I’ve waffled most of my life on my level of activity/interest/participation in the LDS Church but this whole thing has really struck a chord with me.