What's new

Suck It Conley Haters

Conley was never lazy. That is simply a ridiculous comment. He did struggle with a new system.
Okay. Lazy was a bad word to use.

Conley did very little to impress before he had time off. When he was out, we won a ton of games against NBA teams. When he came back, he was better but not dominant. He was maybe as important as Clarkson but not pivotal to our success. He had 2 great offensive playoff games, one average game and two absolute garbage performances. His defense wasn't good at all last year.

I'm happy he is playing well this year. I hate paying players, and more importantly, giving up valuable assets and paying top dollar players who aren't absolutely vital to accomplish team goals. I'm glad he looks like he can help this year because he didn't last season or postseason.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Then you wouldn't have wanted Conley last year because he was lazy, didn't shoot well and flat out didn't play well.

But hey, two great playoff games and a good start to the season (in a contract year mind you) has Cy pushing for a statue.

God damn you're dumb as ****.

Players are allowed to have off years or rough stretches. People who know basketball can look at a player play and tell if he's washed or not. People like you just box score watch and say dumb ****.

And again, you are extremely stupid. Were you in remedial classes in school?

Funniest **** about the Conley hating crowd is that Conley has been a better defender than Mitchell the last two seasons, yet they still want to bring up defense all the time when at worst Conley was an average defender last year.

Funniest **** about the Conley hating crowd is that Conley has been a better defender than Mitchell the last two seasons, yet they still want to bring up defense all the time when at worst Conley was an average defender last year.
Actually defense is exactly why we need a different running mate for Mitchell. It's obvious Mitchell is not a defensive stopper, but he is our primary offensive player and star player, and he got the big contact, so let's face it, he will be playing, period. In that case, pairing him with an undersized and defensively meh ball-dominant guard makes zero sense, even with Conley's excellent start to this season. It was heavily exposed in the playoffs when's we made Murray look like Michael jordan because our guards couldn't hang. Big guards and wings will eat us alive in the playoffs. We absolutely need a bigger guard who can defend and create a little playing alongside Mitchell to overcome these weaknesses. I love Conley's play so far this season, but he will need to amp it up will beyond where he is even now to get us past the teams that play dynamic guards and wings in the playoffs. This becomes even more important when Gobert has to focus on a substantial opposing big. Against the spurs Gobert could feast because his opposing centers basically sucked. We won't get away with that against a team like the Lakers. And even if they had Aldridge it would have at least been a closer game. This goes far beyond Conley having a hot start making up for Mitchell struggling early on. Again it's like many of us have said, we are built to be a regular season hero, playoff zero, with the personnel we currently have. We'll have a much tougher time of it in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Actually defense is exactly why we need a different running mate for Mitchell. It's obvious Mitchell is not a defensive stopper, but he is our primary offensive player and star player, and he got the big contact, so let's face it, he will be playing, period. In that case, pairing him with an undersized and defensively meh ball-dominant guard makes zero sense, even with Conley's excellent start to this season. It was heavily exposed in the playoffs when's we made Murray look like Michael jordan because our guards couldn't hang. Big guards and wings will eat us alive in the playoffs. We absolutely need a bigger guard who can defend and create a little playing alongside Mitchell to overcome these weaknesses. I love Conley's play so far this season, but he will need to amp it up will beyond where he is even now to get us past the teams that play dynamic guards and wings in the playoffs. This becomes even more important when Gobert has to focus on a substantial opposing big. Against the spurs Gobert could feast because his opposing centers basically sucked. We won't get away with that against a team like the Lakers. And even if they had Aldridge it would have at least been a closer game. This goes far beyond Conley having a hot start making up for Mitchell struggling early on. Again it's like many of us have said, we are built to be a regular season hero, playoff zero, with the personnel we currently have. We'll have a much tougher time of it in the playoffs.
This is a well articulated, logical post which sums up almost everything I think about the situation.

Watch out - Cy will come by soon to hurl insults at you.

Anyone else notice Conley is basically doing a Joe Ingles imitation when he runs the pick and roll now...

Slow Mo Co....

Lmfao.

First off, I'm not saying a bigger guard wouldnt be nice, but it shouldn't be the end all be all. The Jazz got the best player they could, and it's paid off dividends thus far and will only continue to do so. Conley's off the dribble shooting has been incredibly valuable, more so than a big guard would bring (like let's say a Josh Richardson, ie an example of a somewhat attainable starting level "big" guard who is known as a plus defender).

Mitchell has to be a better defensive player. Period. Stop making excuses for him. Lopo is freaking pathetic in that he will criticize everyone for being overpaid, but wont do it for Mitchell and his defense. There is zero excuse for Mitchell not to be a better defender when the team has enough offensive firepower for him not to be overburdened on offense and he has Gobert to back him up. It's pathetic. Mitchell is plenty capable of at least being slight above average on defense.

And Aldridge would have done jack-**** for the Spurs.

And good lord the defeatist attitude in this post. The Jazz lost in 7 to a great team while missing their 2nd leading scorer. Stfu about the Jazz not being built for the playoffs. It's dumb ****.

Anyone else notice Conley is basically doing a Joe Ingles imitation when he runs the pick and roll now...

Slow Mo Co....

It's the key to running a pnr with Gobert. I think it's naturally easier for taller players because they are use to going slow in the PNR and using their size while smaller players are more use to using speed.

Conley looks 1000% better this year. Not just that the shot is going in it just looks so much more comfortable. His patented floater always looked off balance and weird last year. It took so long last year that I gave up... I am also a little cautious right now but it is great to see. If you are a Jazz fan and more concerned about being good than being right it is all good.

It's the key to running a pnr with Gobert. I think it's naturally easier for taller players because they are use to going slow in the PNR and using their size while smaller players are more use to using speed.
Honestly, that adjustment year will probably pay major dividends for Mike, not only in playing with Gobert, but remaining effective as he ages and loses the top gear.

Lmfao.

First off, I'm not saying a bigger guard wouldnt be nice, but it shouldn't be the end all be all. The Jazz got the best player they could, and it's paid off dividends thus far and will only continue to do so. Conley's off the dribble shooting has been incredibly valuable, more so than a big guard would bring (like let's say a Josh Richardson, ie an example of a somewhat attainable starting level "big" guard who is known as a plus defender).

Mitchell has to be a better defensive player. Period. Stop making excuses for him. Lopo is freaking pathetic in that he will criticize everyone for being overpaid, but wont do it for Mitchell and his defense. There is zero excuse for Mitchell not to be a better defender when the team has enough offensive firepower for him not to be overburdened on offense and he has Gobert to back him up. It's pathetic. Mitchell is plenty capable of at least being slight above average on defense.

And Aldridge would have done jack-**** for the Spurs.

And good lord the defeatist attitude in this post. The Jazz lost in 7 to a great team while missing their 2nd leading scorer. Stfu about the Jazz not being built for the playoffs. It's dumb ****.
Your use of ad hominem attacks fully negate any point you were attempting to make, as did your failure to actually address the actual argument or remain in the realm of reality.

Or to quote your standard response, lmfao u dum.

Conley looks 1000% better this year. Not just that the shot is going in it just looks so much more comfortable. His patented floater always looked off balance and weird last year. It took so long last year that I gave up... I am also a little cautious right now but it is great to see. If you are a Jazz fan and more concerned about being good than being right it is all good.
I think he leaned on his floater too much last year as a crutch. He knows the goal is OTD 3's now and that if he slows down and uses the threat of Gobert, he can take more time to line up his floater.

I been waiting for this moment.. About 90 percent of y'all bashed this man and wanted him gone, was ready to trade him for chump change. Shame on y'all and I hope y'all man up and admit you was wrong. I know one of my fellow lady posters need to apologize too for the way this man, who wanted to come here was treated

I think he leaned on his floater too much last year as a crutch. He knows the goal is OTD 3's now and that if he slows down and uses the threat of Gobert, he can take more time to line up his floater.
Y'all don't seem to understand how last year he was coming off a serious injury and learning a new system.. Since we in the me me me generations many don't get Rome wasn't built in a single day and many people bashed this man and I want to see people apologize because this the type of behavior that gets Jazz voted as worst fan base by the other teams

Y'all don't seem to understand how last year he was coming off a serious injury and learning a new system.. Since we in the me me me generations many don't get Rome wasn't built in a single day and many people bashed this man and I want to see people apologize because this the type of behavior that gets Jazz voted as worst fan base by the other teams
You quoting one of the biggest Conley supporters here who has used all the contextual evidence from last year to predict he would have a great season...

I will take one on the chin here too... I was never a hater... Mike isn't a guy anyone can really hate. I did think they should have moved on this offseason if there was something decent. Even in the playoffs when he was good it felt like he was just hitting shots and it wasn't building to something bigger where it benefited others a ton. The thing that has changed for me is how natural he now looks and how he is able to feed our best player (who needs to be fed). He's also hitting shots on top of it.

So I will say I was wrong and take an L. Just please keep it going and stay healthy Mike.

You quoting one of the biggest Conley supporters here who has used all the contextual evidence from last year to predict he would have a great season...
Its amazing how some of y'all make so many excuses for a seasoned vet coming off the greatest statistical season of his career. He was paid like a top 20 NBA player and we traded assets for him like he was a top player.

He ended up being our 4th or 5th best player last year behind Don, Rudy, Bojan and Clarkson. We traded bust Exum and 2nd rounders for Clarkson. And he was better.

Stop with the excuses. Own it. He was bad last year outside a couple playoffs games and a handful of season games.

I'm happy he has started off well. We deserve that for what we gave up and what we pay him. I hope, actually expect, Conley to still play well. And I will give him respect if he takes us higher than we have gotten in recent years (no home court and 2nd round competitive).

He has a lot more to accomplish for me.

He ended up being our 4th or 5th best player last year behind Don, Rudy, Bojan and Clarkson. We traded bust Exum and 2nd rounders for Clarkson. And he was better.
God you’re an idiot. This is a guy who had to change the way he played to fit in. In that alone he had a **** ton of obstacles to overcome, and on top of all that he dealt with injuries that kept him out a good portion of the season. He was a starter then sent to the bench and then starter again, and just as he started to get into playing shape from all the time he missed, Covid happened in spite of all this, and missing time in the bubble due to Covid restrictions and he came back, remade himself and was an impact in the bubble. He never complained, quit, or stopped being a leader and was always a good teammate, and yet you need him to prove even more, just eff off!!!