What's new

Summer League Thread

Voters are getting smarter, but ROY is still generally won by the guy who scores the most points, and I think the race for highest ppg out of the rookies is fairly open.
I do think Victor gets the benefit of anything resembling a tie because of the hype and potential.

Is that a reason for CONCERN? He is a Blazer...

Aint nobody got time for dat!
As it relates to ROY talk yeah. I also like some guys on other teams. Scoot is a good kid... wish him health and that he never beats the Jazz ever.

I just don’t like to take bets on guys like that from a league with no proven track record over the last decade in the top-10.
It should also be kept in mind that two top-10 NBA talents just happened to be on the same team (and they couldn't actually get over the hump)? Are we to believe that that is legit? Always felt like a lot of the hype on him was just because there were eyes on Wemby and that with sufficient scouring we could find a few Bilal's every year in far flung leagues.

I never really understood disliking Bilal specifically because he's coming from the French League. Especially in this draft of all drafts lol. If you don't like his game or think he's too raw that's one thing, but a player is a player. He's not the league he just played in.

I never really understood disliking Bilal specifically because he's coming from the French League. Especially in this draft of all drafts lol. If you don't like his game or think he's too raw that's one thing, but a player is a player. He's not the league he just played in.

There have been multiple players drafted from that league in the first round and lottery in the last decade and not a single one of them have panned out. Multiple of those guys were better prospects or similar prospects as well. All of them have been massive busts. It should absolutely be considered unless you are just a one of a kind talent like Wemby.

I just don’t like to take bets on guys like that from a league with no proven track record over the last decade in the top-10.
Such a stupid ****ing take.

Same reason people thought Amen/Ausar wouldnt be good.

Talent is talent. IT does not matter where it comes from.

Crazy that we are declaring a dude who nearly had a 5x5 in a SL game bad as an 18 year old. Just mind blowing stuff. The bias is unreal.

Crazy that we are declaring a dude who nearly had a 5x5 in a SL game bad as an 18 year old. Just mind blowing stuff. The bias is unreal.

I can’t believe we are declaring a player incredible after 3 SL games where he’s shot 37.5% from the field and 10% from 3. Just mind blowing stuff. The bias is unreal.

The only way you walk out of SL thinking Bilal is bad is if you hated on him pre-draft and just want your bias confirmed.

The dude has shown elite level defensive playmaking with some of his blocks, he has flashed his ball handling and PNR ability, he has shown advanced passing, and even hit a game clinching step back jumper!

No **** he is raw.

Cy might honestly be super unlucky on top of his terrible takes. His track record being as bad as it is over and over is truly incredible. You’d think he’d hit on something or more stuff just based purely on odds. He said getting George at 16 would be the worst possible scenario on draft night.

The only way you walk out of SL thinking Bilal is bad is if you hated on him pre-draft and just want your bias confirmed.

The dude has shown elite level defensive playmaking with some of his blocks, he has flashed his ball handling and PNR ability, he has shown advanced passing, and even hit a game clinching step back jumper!

No **** he is raw.

Even if all of that is true (which it isn’t) if he can’t shoot it won’t matter at all which was one of my many concerns with him.

It’s the same exact line of thinking that Kentucky guards may be undervalued due to the system.
What?

Kentucky has a consistent thing going on: Their Head Coach who runs a system that is known to make players not stand out as much as well as players playing alongside many other talented NBA prospects (less the case recently), leading to lesser stats.

What is the consistent of the French League over the past 10 years? How many French League games have you watched? Can you tell us anything objective about the French league compared to other domestic leagues?

Please, if you have the BS take in your head that from some reason the French League is unique in it's ability to create a mirage of a NBA talent, then what is that quality? If you can't actually make a reasoned argument, then it's just xenophobe BS.

What?

Kentucky has a consistent thing going on: Their Head Coach who runs a system that is known to make players not stand out as much as well as players playing alongside many other talented NBA prospects, leading to lesser stats.

What is the consistent of the French League over the past 10 years? How many French League games have you watched? Can you tell us anything objective about the French league compared to other domestic leagues?

Please, if you have the BS take in your head that from some reason the French League is unique in it's ability to create a mirage of a NBA talent, then what is that quality? If you can't actually make a reasoned argument, then it's just xenophobe BS.
I know you’re mad and you’ve lost the argument when you resort to either calling people racist or xenophobic. You have truly become a trash *** poster. I am done talking to you.