What's new

Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
You talk as if you think her goal is to get this over with. She is a hero to the left for obstructing. At every turn you can now expect her to take the least expedient path. Both sides have become experts at doing this to each other.

And btw, if there really were death threats I hope they prosecute those losers to the fullest extent of the law.
Yeah, the woman who wanted to remain anonymous, was so traumatized she has since made sure she had two exits in her bedrooms just in case, who has had to move out of her house and is essentially in hiding, wants to draw this out.

Genius analysis.

Yeah, the woman who wanted to remain anonymous, was so traumatized she has since made sure she had two exits in her bedrooms just in case, who has had to move out of her house and is essentially in hiding, wants to draw this out.

Genius analysis.
I'm sorry that this isn't turning out the way she would have liked. Color me shocked that waiting until the very last possible moment to make this accusation has not turned out perfectly (for her).

My parenthetical is because it is turning out very perfectly for the people who are using her.

I'm sorry that this isn't turning out the way she would have liked. Color me shocked that waiting until the very last possible moment to make this accusation has not turned out perfectly (for her).

My parenthetical is because it is turning out very perfectly for the people who are using her.
Jesus Christ man, do you even hear yourself? I pity any woman unfortunate enough to have you as part of their life.

So you don't believe her? Otherwise forget about timing, are you ok with a jackass who gagged and molested someone on our SC?

Kavanaugh was nominated July 10. Ford first made the accusation when she wrote to Feinstein July 30. Confirmation hearings didn’t start until September 4, so not exactly the very last possible moment.

Kavanaugh was nominated July 10. Ford first made the accusation when she wrote to Feinstein July 30. Confirmation hearings didn’t start until September 4, so not exactly the very last possible moment.
My understanding is that she made a decision not to come out at the end of August, but then once details started to got leaked and misrepresented (which was after the FBI attached the letter to Kavenaugh's background file with her name redacted, something the Judiciary Committee would have access to) she decided it was worth upending her life to come forward.

I can't imagine what it would be like to see someone who assaulted you on a fast track to one of the most powerful and long lasting positions of authority in this country. Responses like Joe's are a sad reminder of how far we still have to go for women to be taken seriously in this country.

I think she absolutely deserves her day in front of the committee and their needs to be some kind of investigation into it.

I also think it is a sad state of affairs for our country right now when allegations alone serve as judge, jury and executioner.

So you don't believe her? Otherwise forget about timing, are you ok with a jackass who gagged and molested someone on our SC?
I think it's entirely possible that she believes this memory is real. I think it's 100% impossible to know whether it is or not at this point. I do not think that event, whether it happened or not, is relevant to this nomination. I think this situation is entirely political. I understand why people who do not want conservative judges appointed are seizing upon it.

I think she absolutely deserves her day in front of the committee and their needs to be some kind of investigation into it.

I also think it is a sad state of affairs for our country right now when allegations alone serve as judge, jury and executioner.
Clearly they don't. He's still more likely than not to be confirmed.

If they had waited another couple of days to make these accusations public the vote would have already occurred. That's what I mean by the last possible moment. I guess it's possible they could have waited a little bit longer, but not much.

If they had waited another couple of days to make these accusations public the vote would have already occurred. That's what I mean by the last possible moment. I guess it's possible they could have waited a little bit longer, but not much.
So 'they' should have outed a sexual assault victim without her consent?

A classmate of hers wrote on Facebook that this incident had been rumored around the time it occurred. She is now being hounded.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...kavanaugh-incident/ar-BBNzgE5?ocid=spartanntp

A former schoolmate of Brett Kavanaugh's accuser wrote a Facebook post saying she recalls hearing about the alleged assault incident involving the future Supreme Court nominee, though she says she has no first-hand information to corroborate the accuser's claims.

"Christine Blasey Ford was a year or so behind me," wrote the woman, Cristina Miranda King, who now works as a performing arts curator in Mexico City. "I did not know her personally but I remember her. This incident did happen."

She added, "Many of us heard a buzz about it indirectly with few specific details. However Christine's vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true."

Without further evidence this is going to end up as, “he said he she said” and he will be confirmed.

However, reading his views on women, his ties to the Federalist society, and learning more about his background everyday, I think it’s not unreasonable to think that Bretty Boy has a few skeletons in the closet. It’s almost like he believes women should be subservient to men and shouldn’t have power over their bodies... weird!

Whether or not there’s evidence to indict or convict is the question.

What’s sad is how she’s being treated. Clearly, the attacks from Breitbart, Orrin Hatch, and Trolls trolls sadly show why women don’t come forward after these horrific experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.