What's new

Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's remarkable to me that 30 years later the men in charge of the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings are set to treat Dr Ford even worse than they did Anita Hill. Just an absolute farce.

This isn't a legal trial. There isn't legal evidence being submitted and the allegations are inadmissible due to their being from 37 years ago. The situation is simply being politicized and tried in the court of public opinion. That in and of itself is ugly.

Why didn't the alleged victim bring this up when Kavanaugh was appointed to the U.S. District Court in Washington D.C. or at some point earlier in his career? Why was no one notified in all this time? Why did she wait until Kavanaugh was nominated for the SC? Why is Diane Feinstein of all people the first one to receive a complaint? What is her motive to bring this up now, if it isn't political?

Apparently, this incident was never reported to the school, her family, or anyone except allegedly a marriage counselor she and her husband met with.

Without further evidence this is going to end up as, “he said he she said” and he will be confirmed.

However, reading his views on women, his ties to the Federalist society, and learning more about his background everyday, I think it’s not unreasonable to think that Bretty Boy has a few skeletons in the closet. It’s almost like he believes women should be subservient to men and shouldn’t have power over their bodies... weird!

Whether or not there’s evidence to indict or convict is the question.

What’s sad is how she’s being treated. Clearly, the attacks from Breitbart, Orrin Hatch, and Trolls trolls sadly show why women don’t come forward after these horrific experiences.
Just like the good 'ol days... MAGA

This isn't a legal trial. There isn't legal evidence being submitted and the allegations are inadmissible due to their being from 37 years ago. The situation is simply being politicized and tried in the court of public opinion. That in and of itself is ugly.

Why didn't the alleged victim bring this up when Kavanaugh was appointed to the U.S. District Court in Washington D.C. or at some point earlier in his career? Why was no one notified in all this time? Why did she wait until Kavanaugh was nominated for the SC? Why is Diane Feinstein of all people the first one to receive a complaint? What is her motive to bring this up now, if it isn't political?

Apparently, this incident was never reported to the school, her family, or anyone except allegedly a marriage counselor she and her husband met with.
All your "whys?" have been discussed in this thread...

With due respect, the musings of Jazzfanz users named Bulletproof, Zombie and The Thriller don't satisfy my suspicion that this is politically motivated.
Just saying, you're not shaking up the world by asking "why" when the questions have already been asked and discussed.

Obviously it's a liberal conspiracy Pinky, just like everything we don't like.

Who are you to decide how or when victims of sexual assault choose to come forward? Asinine questions like these are why victims don't come forward. There are always men second guessing them.

Women who do accuse powerful men nearly always see their lives get completely upended. It's a struggle I'm glad I've never had to worry about.

I imagine Feinstein being Dr Ford's Senator as well as a member of the Judicial Committee had something do with it. Just guessing.

Last edited:
Just like the good 'ol days... MAGA

It’s absolutely fitting for the party of Donald Trump and Roy Moore. Once K is confirmed, 2/5 conservative justices (Thomas and K) will have been accused of sexual harassment and been 100 percent defended by republicans. So yeah, its honestly quite fitting that Trump would be nominating shady justices.

For those who think that “both parties” are “equal”, remember that Al franken guy? What’s he doing now? What do you think he’d be doing had he had a R by his name?

Last edited:
What’s to gain by lying about this incident?

Republicans make it sound like having your name dragged through the mud, your mental health questioned by senators, and receiving death threats is totally awesome.

Just saying, you're not shaking up the world by asking "why" when the questions have already been asked and discussed.

Obviously it's a liberal conspiracy Pinky, just like everything we don't like.

I love checks from the “globalist George Soros Muslim liberal obama Seth Rich Kaepernick anti-American deep state.” Don’t you?

That's one reason one side wants to hurry the interviews, the other side wants more investigation.

Absolutely. Republicans are fearful that this November won’t be very kind to them and recognize that losing the senate is a possibility. This matter should be thoroughly investigated, regardless of politics.

That’s why I actually have a lot of empathy for Comey. Many liberals hate the guy for the clinton investigation. Honestly, I think it was ok and coney handled it as best as he could. Hillary fed up. Had she not had her own server (interestingly enough, it was the most secure server in retrospect) then the investigation wouldn’t have happened.

Besides, isnt it too close to an election? Why confirm K now when we’re so close to an election? Let the American people decide, amiright?

Or republicans could just nominate and confirm Garland. Didn’t he and K agree like 90 percent of the time anyway? Or is this more about those 10 percent of cases regarding women’s rights where K takes a harder and more conservative stance?

Just to add a little **** berry on top of an already **** sundae, guess who's helping prep Kavanaugh for questioning?

None other than current White House comms director Bill Shine! You may remember Bill Shine as a former Fox News executive who was ousted after the network mishandled its own rash of sexual harassment scandals.

Just to add a little **** berry on top of an already **** sundae, guess who's helping prep Kavanaugh for questioning?

None other than current White House comms director Bill Shine! You may remember Bill Shine as a former Fox News executive who was ousted after the network mishandled its own rash of sexual harassment scandals.

But but but... Hillary! Seth rich! Both parties are the same! Deep State! Benghazi!!!

It's remarkable to me that 30 years later the men in charge of the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings are set to treat Dr Ford even worse than they did Anita Hill. Just an absolute farce.

They’ve never been held accountable!

Americans giving republicans the keys to the car back so soon after the deplorable Bush admin have only emboldened them.

Republicans under obama did nothing but obstruct.

But obama’s Blackness and and and Hillary’s emails!!!

With due respect, the musings of Jazzfanz users named Bulletproof, Zombie and The Thriller don't satisfy my suspicion that this is politically motivated.

Yeah she's super smart. She saw this political moment years before anyone else and decided to begin implementing her master plan.

She knew that the racist rapist apologists would take over government once the Obamimator was gone so she hatched her plan...

She started off small by telling her "marriage counselor " a tall tale that she knew she would need 6 years later but fearing (rightfully so) that Republicans would dismiss her anyway she built a time machine.

She went back in time and altered yearbooks to make it seem like Kavanaugh was a giant douche. She threatened a fellow classmate to say that she heard something about it over 30 years ago.

Srs

There is enough corroborating evidence here without an investigation that any reasonable person would take it seriously.

But hey, why be reasonable person? Sounds like a boring loser person thing to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.