What's new

Taylor Hendricks Hype Thread

He even hung back to get the timing perfect. Its basically exactly what I wanted from him on defense. Just go out there and mess stuff up... even if you end up out of place at times. Earlier in the season (pre-season) he was hanging back on that stuff and not getting in the play.

BTW this is the type of stuff I saw on his college film and in games and got me excited in the first place. Hopefully this is how he plays (if he still gets rotation minutes).

He takes up a ton of air space with his size and athleticism. That play showed a lot of spacial awareness, which is a really exciting combination.

Ochai Agbaji says hi

That’s not happening unless you are sending Collins to the bench and that’s not happening

God I hope not. He better be nothing like that idiot.

They’re both 6-9 and Collins is as athletic as they come. Collins is damn near 40% 3pt shooter.
You said you hope he’s nothing like that idiot… if he’s longer and more athletic and a better shooter it sounds like that’s a pretty good player based on your description of Collins.

He is longer btw. He will end up being a better shooter than Collins. Collins is a career 36% 3 pt shooter on low volume. We will see about the other stuff.

They’re both 6-9 and Collins is as athletic as they come. Collins is damn near 40% 3pt shooter.

Hendricks is 6-8.5 without shoes and a 7-1 wingspan if I had to guess Collin’s is 6-8 flat with a 6-11 wingspan Hendricks is MUCH more active on defense and a wayyy better shot blocker and while Collin’s shoots a good percentage he has to be set (that weird motion he does to square his feet) and his motion is funky and takes a second to get off where as Hendricks is a much more traditional catch and shoot player. His floor imo is current John collins but even then he’s a better defender the only thing collins is better at is rebounding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also this is not coming from a John collins hater I’ve been one of his biggest supporters since the trade happend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said you hope he’s nothing like that idiot… if he’s longer and more athletic and a better shooter it sounds like that’s a pretty good player based on your description of Collins.

He is longer btw. He will end up being a better shooter than Collins. Collins is a career 36% 3 pt shooter on low volume. We will see about the other stuff.
Just pointing out the unrealistic expectations you have. Most of my problem with Collins is the lack of what’s between the ears. I don’t respect him as a ball player.

Yeah, I guess maybe we shouldn’ta traded for Collins and just rolled with Hendricks minutes.

Agreed. I didnt like the trade for that exact reason (i wanted hendrix to get minutes)

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Its just gotta suck to dig in so hard on a guy and a stance soooooo early that now you have to be conflicted about something that is really good for the franchise.

Like kessler last year (which is getting a replay this year)?

It was fun while it lasted...No shot he plays Hendricks over THT, Sexton, Yurt, or Simone right?

I doubt yurt plays at all and simone might not either.

Hendrix definitely not a shooting guard or point guard lol.

Uh…. Thats exactly the point. Now make collins even more athletic. Make him bigger. Make him a better shooter. That would be an all star.

Just pointing out the unrealistic expectations you have. Most of my problem with Collins is the lack of what’s between the ears. I don’t respect him as a ball player.
I didn’t say it lol… that isn’t my expectations. Was just pointing out the weirdness of your statement.

He looked pretty damn lost at times, gonna be a bit of a roller coaster but he'll get there. His length, athleticism and shooting should help.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app