What's new

Taylor Hendricks Hype Thread

If you're bad in the G it doesn't mean you can't have a NBA career, but you're more likely a Royce O'Neale than a top 100 caliber player
Or because you are 20 and have great length and athleticism you can be more like Jaden McDaniels.

Or because you are 20 and have great length and athleticism you can be more like Jaden McDaniels.
But McDaniels is a hooper with actual fluidity on the ball with elite lateral quickness.

Hendricks was like two steps behind players last night while getting whacked by off ball screens.

Maybe there is some big strength jump somewhere the next few years, but like I said in the draft threads over and over, the guy is naturally weak and soft.

It's not weird. He's the 9th pick. To trade him asap is to maximize his value.

And there is no way he doesn't hurt us currently.

But the Jazz should want to lose for the rest of the season, so it's not an issue. Play him, but just limit his minutes so he doesnt overextend himself and lose value.

Ochai showed that you can be a relative fail for two years and still get value from the right team.
Sorry poorly phrased... the efforts some want to go to dump on him is weird.

He's like 12 years younger than Ochai and his value runway is so much longer.

He won't kill us... especially over who would be playing on the roster. His play will increase his value as you many will look past the warts cuz he's 20 and focus on the flashes like closing out on KD and then snuffing out a rim attempt.

But McDaniels is a hooper with actual fluidity on the ball with elite lateral quickness.

Hendricks was like two steps behind players last night while getting whacked by off ball screens.

Maybe there is some big strength jump somewhere the next few years, but like I said in the draft threads over and over, the guy is naturally weak and soft.
They really don't let McDaniels play with the ball. His value is as a 3 and D guy mostly. Let's let Taylor get 10-15 games in the regular rotation and revisit this convo.

GLeague is kind of a different sport than the NBA and the most productive/highest scoring guys aren't always the guys who end up making it in the league. I don't think it's necessarily bad that Hendricks is such a low usage guy in the GLeague, it just means he likely won't ever be that kind of guy in the actual league, but we should have already known that. He's got a valuable, albeit limited archetype.

His play will increase his value as you many will look past the warts cuz he's 20 and focus on the flashes like closing out on KD and then snuffing out a rim attempt.
I don't really need any random highlights from Hendricks. I need him not to touch ground when someone gives him a mild head fake.

He may be the rawest dude I've ever seen play non-garbage NBA minutes.

Tim MacMahon said the trades weren't made to get Hendricks minutes. Called Hendricks a mediocre offensive player who is a long way away.

Trades were made cuz KO isn't part of the future and they decided Ochai wasnt it

I don't really need any random highlights from Hendricks. I need him not to touch ground when someone gives him a mild head fake.

He may be the rawest dude I've ever seen play non-garbage NBA minutes.
He's not even the rawest dude to play for the Jazz. Exum, Doke, and Jeremy Evans all say "Hi!"

Tim MacMahon said the trades weren't made to get Hendricks minutes. Called Hendricks a mediocre offensive player who is a long way away.
To play devil's advocate and say this is true, this is an indictment on the FO, no? They selected him. And the guy they're (reportedly) enamored with they selected 7 spots lower.

I didn't think that was why the trades were made. I think it was simply to get more assets and lose guys who aren't part of the future iteration of the team.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk