What's new

Teodosic supposedly on his way

I really don't understand the bias towards Euro players in here. Jazz is the leading franchise that respects and makes good use of international talent. I'm not saying Euroleague is NBA. That would be dumb. But leading Euroleague teams can beat a lot of NBA teams today. Don't underestimate a clever playmaker who knows the game more than most of the NBA guards in this league and has amazing fundamentals.

I hope we get to see the outcome of this.

Why do you assume his defense is as bad as you think it is? Or that it is so bad it outweighs the offense he brings to the table?

Because it comes up in every scouting report on the guy... there is likely some euro bias in my opinion too.

I think the only way that's an acceptable PG situation going into the season is if the Jazz make a move (presumably trade) to get another high impact player on the team, such as perhaps Paul George.

Currently hoping that the Jazz make a big trade. This is mostly worst case scenario stuff if everyone prices out and Hayward decides to stay. I'd roll with Exum/Mitchell before overpaying for Lowry, Bledsoe, Teodosic, Rubio or Holliday. Hell, I'd rather start a Spurs system #2 guy like Patty Mills or Cory Joseph at a bargain than any of those other options. If anything, I'd like Hill back reasonably and then hope he stays healthy and plays like he did to start out the season for a full year/playoffs.

You think about positions too rigidly. Exum and Teodosic could share the floor together.

So Exum is your starter?

Anyway, if you assume Hill is the starter, then sure. But not all PGs can guard SGs. In any case, when you talk about who is playing PG, you are usually talking about offensively. In which case, if Teo was playing 25 minutes a game and not starting, he'd be playing more minutes at PG than whoever is starting.

If Jimmer could shoot well enough in the NBA, he'd be playing.

He can't, so he isn't.

Yup. Anyone who bring some up Jimms and NBA instantly loses all credibility.

Thanks for making my point. Jimmer was probably tabbed as the best shooter in his draft, because of his shooting in college, an inferior league. My point is if a guy can shoot well in a lesser league, doesn't mean he will in the NBA.

So Exum is your starter?

Anyway, if you assume Hill is the starter, then sure. But not all PGs can guard SGs. In any case, when you talk about who is playing PG, you are usually talking about offensively. In which case, if Teo was playing 25 minutes a game and not starting, he'd be playing more minutes at PG than whoever is starting.

I think we could trade Exum/Favors/Picks to upgrade the 4, re-sign Hill, and sign Teo. Then Teo is a backup who can play next to Hill enough to get him to 25 mpg.

I think we could strike out on Hill and sign Teo. Either Exum or Teo could start.

Thanks for making my point. Jimmer was probably tabbed as the best shooter in his draft, because of his shooting in college, an inferior league. My point is if a guy can shoot well in a lesser league, doesn't mean he will in the NBA.

Teo has looked good in the Olympics and whe. CSKA played Minnesota. Jimmer is a sg in a pg body. Worked for him in college, not the NBA. If Jimmer had point guard skills, he would have a place in this league. He is a good shooter, just too small and doesnt have a handle/cannot create. Teo is a completely different type if player.

Edit-essentially Jimmer sucks. Stupid to compare him to a player with elite PG skills.

Teo has looked good in the Olympics and whe. CSKA played Minnesota. Jimmer is a sg in a pg body. Worked for him in college, not the NBA. If Jimmer had point guard skills, he would have a place in this league. He is a good shooter, just too small and doesnt have a handle/cannot create. Teo is a completely different type if player.

Edit-essentially Jimmer sucks. Stupid to compare him to a player with elite PG skills.

Yeah, Jimmer doesnt have an iota of Teo's vision or raw passing ability.

Imagine Teo getting the ball to Blake Griffin and Gobert
OMG!
Both with 100% field goal percentage. :eek:

Plenty of Euro stars have come to the NBA and flopped. All I'm saying is the NBA is a transition to any other league even Olympics. No one knows how his skills will translate. IMO no matter how good u think he is, u just don't know.

Plenty of Euro stars have come to the NBA and flopped. All I'm saying is the NBA is a transition to any other league even Olympics. No one knows how his skills will translate. IMO no matter how good u think he is, u just don't know.

You can say that about any incoming college player. Have you forgotten that Quinn coached him for a year? He knows if he can play or not? You are right no one really knows but that is why GMs get paid well to make those decisions.

There are plenty of examples where Euros with less success than Milos has had and have done well and even a few have become All-stars.