What's new

Thank You Houdini

AB didn't pan out on the court but dude battled through injuries and carried himself well as a Jazzman. Deserves to be cheered for the rest of his career when he's playing in SL.
I'd be surprised if he got booed. While he wasn't quite the fan favorite say Demarre Carroll was, he was fairly popular during his time here.

Once upon a time Burks looked better than Hayward. He had a stretch of 25+ pt games and looked to be developing as a threat from the outside.

Then he got injured and then injured again and a coaching change and it was not to be. I am a Burks fan and have been for a long time.

But... clearly need more shooting to spread the floor and I think this helps. Shooting is contagious and Korver is lethal even if he is 37.

Man, this is forever my favourite clip of AB. High spirits, fresh off of an excellent game in the playoffs where the team needed him— and he excelled.

Excellent comradery— everyone was so happy for him.

It’s a bummer this season has gone the way it has, & now he’s out the door— but I’m glad he turned it around before he left.

Good luck AB. I’ll miss you.

AB didn't pan out on the court but dude battled through injuries and carried himself well as a Jazzman. Deserves to be cheered for the rest of his career when he's playing in SL.
Definitely. He never uttered a peep publicly despite losing his starting spot to Hood, and battling back from multiple injuries only to see he didn't have a niche in the rotation. I hope Cleveland allows him to use his skills more freely. That's not a knock on Quin. Snyder's offense is designed to find bigs inside or 3's from perimeter players. Effective, if he has 3&D players, which AB is not. I hope fans give him a great welcome when he returns. He deserves it.

His offense kept us in many games this year and last. I'm going to miss him as a fan. And I'm afraid the team will too.

Best wishes to Houdini.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Burks is awesome and is a class act. I expect him to play well in Cleveland and to take some of diarrhea boy's minutes (plus J.R. Smith is inevitably on the move as well = more Burks minutes).

Alec Burks... Trevor Booker welcomes you into the You Will Always Be a Jazz Man Club.

Good post

Im legit sad to not be able to watch him in a jazz uniform anymore.
I know its had to be killing him to be on the court as little as he has been in his utah career.... hoping he gets tons of minutes in cleveland and shows what he can do when his leash is lengthened

It was fun, AB! Will be great to watch you in another system and see you get those easy 20s.

I still remember during the 2011 NBA Draft, watching highlights of AB and instantly becoming a fan of him. I saw crazy potential and have been cheering him on since then. Sadly he didnt take off like I had hoped, but the dude never quit. Let's not forget that for nearly 2 full seasons he was injured and fought his way back. Remember before his injuries (forget which year it was) he was playing 6th man of the year basketball
Never complained, never heard a bad word about him from the team. Everyone always said he was a great locker room guy. It sucks that I won't be able to cheer for him at Jazz games, but this move is probably the best for his career moving forward. Hoping he can tear it up in Cleveland and get a nice contract on a good team

I still remember during the 2011 NBA Draft, watching highlights of AB and instantly becoming a fan of him. I saw crazy potential and have been cheering him on since then. Sadly he didnt take off like I had hoped, but the dude never quit. Let's not forget that for nearly 2 full seasons he was injured and fought his way back. Remember before his injuries (forget which year it was) he was playing 6th man of the year basketball
Never complained, never heard a bad word about him from the team. Everyone always said he was a great locker room guy. It sucks that I won't be able to cheer for him at Jazz games, but this move is probably the best for his career moving forward. Hoping he can tear it up in Cleveland and get a nice contract on a good team

I remember when he was drafted and played his first summer game in I think it was UVU and he drained three's and had some spectacular drives. I was so excited that we might have a little bit of Jordan in SLC.

He had no fears launching towards the rim any chance he could get; no matter how far away nor bad idea it was.

Look on the bright side, he didn't die, we can still watch him for our entertainment - just in another uniform.

Good luck to him. One of those players who would have some occasional flashy, exciting moments but for the rest of the game would make you cringe with some stupidest ill advised decisions on the basketball court. Never matured in sense of basketball IQ. And he will always be remember as the one KOC took instead of Kawhi.

Last edited: