What's new

Thank You Houdini

Burks getting a lot of love from The Jazz players on Twitter.

I've rarely seen Ingles write more than a few words on Twitter. His long tribute to Burks, calling him one of his best teammates ever, was really great. Almost all of them mentioned that he is such a positive guy, even though he's had more than his share of tough times.

I hope Burks has a great career from here on out, except against us.

Burks seems like a really great guy. I know I’d be bummed if someone like that was no longer gonna be around every day. Also happy he made recent developments in becoming more than an empty stats guy by utilizing ball screens and canning some open 3’s.
He the man.

Good luck to him. One of those players who would have some occasional flashy, exciting moments but for the rest of the game would make you cringe with some stupidest ill advised decisions on the basketball court. Never matured in sense of basketball IQ. And he will always be remember as the one KOC took instead of Kawhi.
Debbie Downer. He wasn't given enough opportunity. He was brilliant this year. Everyone makes mistakes. Most of u guys on this forum are like what quin thinks is what y'all think.

Some (not all) of Burks highlights from last night

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Couple of posts from the Cavs message board on Burks:

He's not a ball stopper. He gets it and just makes the offense flow.

Don't think this guy is anything like Rodney. He seems to like to slash. If Rodney was willing to go to the rim like Burks, he might be a pretty decent player.

I'd give him some burn as our backup PG over Harrison. Play some drive and kick.

Alec had the best stat line of anyone on our team last night for what it's worth. 15 pts, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 0 turnovers.
What's everyone else do except nothing?

Burks being Clarkson's replacement would be alot better for the development of our team.

I like Burks very lively. Not a ball stopper. Slash and finish or shoot the tray. I like it.

Burks from what I have seen so far is the better team player. He isn't really forcing shots the same way IMO and freezing guys out.

Might be the move to get rid of Clarkson if someone thinks they can use him to score off the bench.

He’s better than Rodney Hood.

They mostly seem to like him.

The Cavs got the better player out of this deal. He's also younger. He'll be starting by his 10th game in a Cavaliers uniform. Burks is probably the best Cav. Because of Quin's short leash, Burks never really became the player he is capable of being. Having said that, he was mostly really good this year, and deserved more minutes as well as even arguably a starting spot. Korver is a fantastic fit under Quin's system that rewards high IQ, movement, teamwork, and is a piece that absolutely can turn around this abysmal season. He has the quickest release on the team, and is the best shooter on the team, and there is no argument. Still, the Jazz gave away the better/younger player and two picks, and yet that was the right move.

Burks 1st on the cavs in plus minus stat by a lot again tonight with +15. (With like 5 minutes to go)
11 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, zero turnovers in 25 minutes.

Last edited: