What's new

Thank You Houdini

A lot of the Cavs fans on their forum are mad that they won.

But a couple of posts near the end of their game thread about Burks:

Burks a bad *** ************

Tristan was pissed about being taken out the offensive possession previous but it worked out. Burks made a great decision to go to the rim.

Burks was good! Now find a way to dump Hood!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

burks must be in a good position now! he gets about 55 games to prove himself for his new contract. which might be the biggest in his career. he deserves it

If Burks goes on to do great things, I'm going to be really mad at DL and Quin.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Burks was never going to play in our system. I'm not saying whether it was right or wrong, he just wasn't going to be utilized to his strengths. Instead of being mad at them, I'm going to be happy for Burks. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him excel. If he became an all star it would be even neater and I'll always cheer for him. Hope he gets a great contract, then you can ask him is this was a good trade. When Korver gets incorporated into the game plan and starts hitting at career averages on a consistent basis I'm going to be happy then also. It's a win/win and Burks is likely the biggest winner of all!

Ab is loving life now that he's away from quin. Good on him I'm happy for him. Good things happen when you get away from quin

Hood disagrees

Sad how far Hood has fallen. Got no offers as an RFA, now playing for a contract and not really impressing, and could easily lose his starting spot to Burks.

Watching Cleveland can be fun watching Burks but as a whole there is a lot of iso on that team and not enough passing.

Sad how far Hood has fallen. Got no offers as an RFA, now playing for a contract and not really impressing, and could easily lose his starting spot to Burks.

Watching Cleveland can be fun watching Burks but as a whole there is a lot of iso on that team and not enough passing.

That is why Burks will do well there. He can hit outside shots at a good percentage. He has a lot of skill and can get to the hoop and finish well. He has a hard time playing within a heavy pass oriented and/or team system. I thought we finally saw the light last year when he put a string of complete games together, making the right pass, defending, not always going full speed to the rim, pulling up for easy jumpers, etc. That lasted for about four games and then he reverted back.

There is no question he is a very skilled player. He just lacks the ability to consistently make the right basketball decisions. I hope he continues to do well in Cleveland. For years I've wished Quin would put in more off ball screens and back cuts. Burks would have been great at running the baseline.

Burks was never going to help the Jazz under Snyder.

That is why Burks will do well there. He can hit outside shots at a good percentage. He has a lot of skill and can get to the hoop and finish well. He has a hard time playing within a heavy pass oriented and/or team system. I thought we finally saw the light last year when he put a string of complete games together, making the right pass, defending, not always going full speed to the rim, pulling up for easy jumpers, etc. That lasted for about four games and then he reverted back.

There is no question he is a very skilled player. He just lacks the ability to consistently make the right basketball decisions. I hope he continues to do well in Cleveland. For years I've wished Quin would put in more off ball screens and back cuts. Burks would have been great at running the baseline.

Burks was never going to help the Jazz under Snyder.
Funny cause the guys in the Cavs forum talk about how Burks is an unselfish ball mover and always make quick decisions.

Funny cause the guys in the Cavs forum talk about how Burks is an unselfish ball mover and always make quick decisions.

Having one of the worst teams in the league say he is doing thing better than what they are used to is not a litmus test in greatness. He is now in a largely iso system coming from a system with lots of passing. He made quick decisions in Utah, just not the ones Quin wanted him to. I like Burks, and I wish we had a coach here that could have utilized him, but it was never going to work with Burks and Quin. I do think that Burks has great skill, but an average basketball IQ. He has the skillset to be a star. I'm not sure if his downsize is due to inability to adapt or lack of good coaching.

As I have stated in other threads, I hate Quin's system. It is too predictable. I get tired of seeing so many on ball screens (and not much else). Other than the screen play for Joe, not a lot going on. Teams have gotten good at covering the passing lanes. It took multiple years to start getting Rudy some passes to the basket. And it does not utilize the strengths of some of our players. I remember when Quin was hired he was touted to be an offensive mastermind, but it was spun that he was a great defensive mind after he inherited a team with great defenders. I think Quin is great with the players, but I hate the current Jazz offense outside of a few horns sets.

Having one of the worst teams in the league say he is doing thing better than what they are used to is not a litmus test in greatness. He is now in a largely iso system coming from a system with lots of passing. He made quick decisions in Utah, just not the ones Quin wanted him to. I like Burks, and I wish we had a coach here that could have utilized him, but it was never going to work with Burks and Quin. I do think that Burks has great skill, but an average basketball IQ. He has the skillset to be a star. I'm not sure if his downsize is due to inability to adapt or lack of good coaching.

As I have stated in other threads, I hate Quin's system. It is too predictable. I get tired of seeing so many on ball screens (and not much else). Other than the screen play for Joe, not a lot going on. Teams have gotten good at covering the passing lanes. It took multiple years to start getting Rudy some passes to the basket. And it does not utilize the strengths of some of our players. I remember when Quin was hired he was touted to be an offensive mastermind, but it was spun that he was a great defensive mind after he inherited a team with great defenders. I think Quin is great with the players, but I hate the current Jazz offense outside of a few horns sets.
Litmus test for greatness? Who said anything about greatness?

Burks shooting 38% and 18% from 3 in 3 games and he won a game when they are trying to tank.

I would be pissed af if I were a Cavs fan.
I don't see any pissed about his play other than, like you said, his good play hurting their tank.

Jazz had to try to upgrade their shooting. Sucks as a Burks homer it had to him that was sent to Cleveland to get it done, but i get why the Jazz did it.

I hope he thrives. He's struggled a bit so far, but i like that he's being aggressive and that game winner was beautiful.

Whether Burks kills it there eventually or not, i will hold no grudge against the jazz FO or Snyder for making the move. Though i wish Korver were about 8 years younger.