What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Sadly, technology and prosperity have made a large segment our population so bored and angry at life, that they demand to elect arsonists who promise to tear down the system even though the solution the arsonists propose would make everyone less prosperous and life less safe.
But realistically that's what makes humans happy. Scrapping for their existence. Our brains evolved to solve problems of survival. When we don't have to solve those problems our brains don't know what to do so they start looking for new existential crises to tackle. Gender identity, political rivalry, social media tribalism, all arise from the need to find a new existential crisis to occupy our brains. Hence depression and other psychological issues are heavily on the rise. Prosperity, it turns out, is bad for our brains, at a certain point. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have more people having safe and secure supplies of food and water than the alternative, but that means we have to learn to adapt to a new existential dread and the plague of psychological issues that accompany it: boredom.

But it wasn’t a gaffe. That’s what she believes. She gave a similar answer nearly 10 years ago. And then after this most recent “gaffe” she gave another weird answer the day after when she had time to assess the damage it had done to her campaign.

Talk about whitewashing history. “It was about power.” What war in the history of mankind hasn’t been about power? The civil war was fought over “the power” to enslave a certain race of men and to push this power into western territories. One side decided to break off from the rest of the country and create a confederacy of states with similar enslavement beliefs while the other side fought to keep the country whole and abolish slavery. And some remained more or less neutral.

It’s also silly to bring up the faults of the north and compare them to the south. The way I read it, which I doubt you meant it this way, is equating the two. It’s true, the northern states didn’t practice full and complete equality. In many ways, that’s never been accomplished even in 2024. But that’s a far cry from what the south was doing, enslaving men, women and children. Breeding black men and women and selling their offspring. Kidnapping unsuspecting blacks in the north and enslaving them in the south. The entire lost cause myth was created to soothe the consciousness of these enslavers because the truth was just too awful.

Nikki Haley and McCain aren’t very similar at all. Comparisons of the two are silly. McCain made a few missteps. I view Haley as nothing more than a spineless husk of a human being. Far more ambitious than her talent. She has done little to separate herself from Trump and the rest of the pack. Everyone has tried to imitate Trump (with thee exception of Christie). And with the exception of Christie, all have pledged to support Trump and pardon him. Shameless.

She might not be as shameless as Trump. But she’s just as craven. All of these Republican candidates with the exception of Christie stand up for the same beliefs as Trump. They’ve adopted the fascist ideology and have decided to wage war against the majority of Americans and our values. They’re not pushing for smaller government or more efficiency. They’re pushing for an ideology of white grievances and division.

It’s why none of these folks are willing to declare that slavery and white supremacy was the reason for the civil war and are issues we’re still grappling with today.
Republicans are so easy to predict. I’m not the only one who probably predicted this. Republicans always fall in line, no matter how pathetic their candidates are.

But realistically that's what makes humans happy. Scrapping for their existence. Our brains evolved to solve problems of survival. When we don't have to solve those problems our brains don't know what to do so they start looking for new existential crises to tackle. Gender identity, political rivalry, social media tribalism, all arise from the need to find a new existential crisis to occupy our brains. Hence depression and other psychological issues are heavily on the rise. Prosperity, it turns out, is bad for our brains, at a certain point. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have more people having safe and secure supplies of food and water than the alternative, but that means we have to learn to adapt to a new existential dread and the plague of psychological issues that accompany it: boredom.
I mostly agree with this.

I did have the thought, are Scandinavian countries suffering from this? Why is America tearing itself apart looking for enemies while Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden are just kinda doing their thing with chill work weeks, ample vacation time, and some of the best social safety nets in the world? The older I get the less I value gun rights and culture wars and the more I value universal health care and vacation time with my family. I don’t need a ford F-350, an AR15, and for my tribe to stick it to gays to feel loved or significant. Give me a week off every now and again to enjoy my family.

How long until the Dems sub out Biden ?? The poor old bloke is declining at a rate of knots. He looks and sounds worse every couple of weeks

How long until the Dems sub out Biden ?? The poor old bloke is declining at a rate of knots. He looks and sounds worse every couple of weeks
Good news is that the government is made up of thousands of people. And the country is currently a better place to live than most of the entire world.

Also, it's strange how often you see and hear Biden and see and hear him getting worse.

I live in the US and almost never see or hear him. Not saying you are wrong, just that I would have no idea how he is doing since I only see him or hear him every couple of months. I think the last time I saw or heard him was at the state of the union address. Seemed fine then

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Good news is that the government is made up of thousands of people. And the country is currently a better place to live than most of the entire world.

Also, it's strange how often you see and hear Biden and see and hear him getting worse.

I live in the US and almost never see or hear him. Not saying you are wrong, just that I would have no idea how he is doing since I only see him or hear him every couple of months. I think the last time I saw or heard him was at the state of the union address. Seemed fine then

you think it's strange that people all over the world hear the leader of the free world frequently and that you haven't since that speech ?? Okey

Anytime I have seen him when it counts he is perfectly functional. He's an old *** man and he conducts himself the way an old *** man does. He doesn't have dementia. He isn't cognitively non-functional. He's old, he's slow, he's a guy who has always been prone to putting his foot in his mouth and he had mostly overcome his stutter in his prime years but is regressing on that front.

He isn't a sociopathic narcissist so he is able to delegate the majority of his day to day responsibilities to competent people in his administration.

meanwhile I invite anyone to watch a campaign speech by Trump in the 2016 campaign and watch one from this campaign and tell me who has declined harder. Spoiler alert, it's Trump. The ****ing guy is losing it and when a sociopathic narcissist looses it, watch the **** out because that **** is dangerous.

you think it's strange that people all over the world hear the leader of the free world frequently and that you haven't since that speech ?? Okey
First off. What speech? You didn't specify a particular speech in the post I quoted. Just said you see and hear him declining week by week or something which makes it seem like you are seeing Biden in many speeches and situations each week or something.

I do think it's weird that people all over the world are seeing Biden speeches often and I'm never seeing these speeches.

Last edited:
First off. What speech? You didn't specify a particular speech in the post I quoted just said you see and hear him declining week by week or something which makes it seem like you are seeing Biden in many speeches and situations each week or something.

I do think it's weird that people all over the world are seeing Biden speeches often and I'm never seeing these speeches.

you referred to the state of the union

he gets shown talking or trying to talk at whatever events he's attending and talking at Like the other day he gave a commencement talk at a college, stuff like that Anyway i get it, you defend the President which is cool. I just find it fascinating to watch the shitshows of the complete arsehole running against him and this guy who is so far gone from being with it. I also find it bizarre people trying to insist he's not struggling and even like Sardines mentioned before trying to insist Trump is mentally declining more .. uhh ok The bloke is so many sandwiches short of a picnic it's kinda laughable he's the leader of the most powerful country in the world.

I still think they'll bump Biden in the next few months for someone who can speak English.

First off. What speech? You didn't specify a particular speech in the post I quoted. Just said you see and hear him declining week by week or something which makes it seem like you are seeing Biden in many speeches and situations each week or something.

Biden doesn't give weekly speeches. He doesn't even make statements to the press every week. There are TikToks every single day pumping out Russian propaganda though, so maybe Douchbag K watches a lot of Russian propaganda? Who knows?

you referred to the state of the union

he gets shown talking or trying to talk at whatever events he's attending and talking at Like the other day he gave a commencement talk at a college, stuff like that Anyway i get it, you defend the President which is cool. I just find it fascinating to watch the shitshows of the complete arsehole running against him and this guy who is so far gone from being with it. I also find it bizarre people trying to insist he's not struggling and even like Sardines mentioned before trying to insist Trump is mentally declining more .. uhh ok The bloke is so many sandwiches short of a picnic it's kinda laughable he's the leader of the most powerful country in the world.

I still think they'll bump Biden in the next few months for someone who can speak English.
First off, saying I don't see Biden perform speeches very often isn't defending him imo. I say he is too old all the time. I think there should be an age limit. I always say how I wouldn't vote for him if trump wasn't running.

You sure do seem to criticize Biden a lot but only criticize trump if you are including Biden in the criticism. I rarely see you criticize trump on his own. Which is strange because there is way way way way way way way way more stuff to criticize trump for. Just recently saw you criticizing the prosecution of trump for the crime he committed which is kind of like a defense of trump (he loves to talk about how this is just a political prosecution and a witch hunt. You seem to parrot that.)

Biden doesn't give weekly speeches. He doesn't even make statements to the press every week. There are TikToks every single day pumping out Russian propaganda though, so maybe Douchbag K watches a lot of Russian propaganda? Who knows?
he definitely consumes garbage media. Definitely some Russian propaganda. Just look at some of the conspiracies he has indulged over the last few years.

It’s amazing to me how totally “not MAGA neutral observers” always ALWAYS end up making the “mistake” of repeatedly bashing Biden and Democrats while indulging in some of the most radical MAGA conspiracies. Ask yourself, when was the last time these folks “made the mistake” of endorsing climate change science to the extreme? Advocated for too much health care? Stood up for abortion rights; maybe even to the left of most people? Defended Ukraine? Advocated for trans rights? Suggested that Trump face justice and our democracy he made better by Supreme Court reform, banning gerrymandering, and making it easier to vote? Instead, these “totally not MAGA neutral observers” always end up bashing Biden, indulge in anti vax nonsense, defend Russia and Putin, and call into question the legitimacy of these prosecutions against Trump (as if Trump somehow doesn’t have an incredibly extensive history of criming).

Funny how these “non MAGA” guys are indistinguishable from the “authentic all in MAGA” guys.

he definitely consumes garbage media. Definitely some Russian propaganda. Just look at some of the conspiracies he has indulged over the last few years.

It’s amazing to me how totally “not MAGA neutral observers” always ALWAYS end up making the “mistake” of repeatedly bashing Biden and Democrats while indulging in some of the most radical MAGA conspiracies. Ask yourself, when was the last time these folks “made the mistake” of endorsing climate change science to the extreme? Advocated for too much health care? Stood up for abortion rights; maybe even to the left of most people? Defended Ukraine? Advocated for trans rights? Suggested that Trump face justice and our democracy he made better by Supreme Court reform, banning gerrymandering, and making it easier to vote? Instead, these “totally not MAGA neutral observers” always end up bashing Biden, indulge in anti vax nonsense, defend Russia and Putin, and call into question the legitimacy of these prosecutions against Trump (as if Trump somehow doesn’t have an incredibly extensive history of criming).

Funny how these “non MAGA” guys are indistinguishable from the “authentic all in MAGA” guys.
Useful idiots. Or should I say useful douchebags?

First off, saying I don't see Biden perform speeches very often isn't defending him imo. I say he is too old all the time. I think there should be an age limit. I always say how I wouldn't vote for him if trump wasn't running.

You sure do seem to criticize Biden a lot but only criticize trump if you are including Biden in the criticism. I rarely see you criticize trump on his own. Which is strange because there is way way way way way way way way more stuff to criticize trump for. Just recently saw you criticizing the prosecution of trump for the crime he committed which is kind of like a defense of trump (he loves to talk about how this is just a political prosecution and a witch hunt. You seem to parrot that.)

lol Trump isn't in office so i don't find him anywhere near as relevant as Biden. To me he's a not much more than a pompous sleazy bag of pus and the fact that half your voters might vote for him AGAIN is a pretty damning statement on how bad Biden's administration has been and how compromised he is. I'm more concerned about who is in power and how the decisions on policy they make affect things.

I think Trump has got a lot to answer for the classified document thing, that is a pretty gross abuse of his position and should be prosecuted, and the same for the Georgia case it's a shame the prosecutor there has made such a debacle of that prosecution. Criticising another case that is actually a terrible legal case isn't defending Trump, more due process. If you can't see the holes in that particular case then i don't know what to say, I can point out that i think some of the things directed at Trump are ineffective and ill directed. It is possible to look at each issue on it's merits. My view is that instead of the reactions and calling him Hitler etc etc it's a pity that the Democrats haven't spent all that energy on running a top notch candidate and running something that resembles an intelligent government that should be a no brainer to win the next election. I mean like you said there's so much to criticise Trump on and they're probably going to lose to that ?? And yet it still hasn't really caused any amount of self reflection and questioning of themselves by the Democrats ?

the mere fact that you revert to name calling instead of discussing issues kinda illustrates my point.

As for your brain dead friend lol well he's in his own lack of self reflection / self awareness category.

It’s funny how it always end up serving anti democratic authoritarians. They think they’re “edgy” by being counter cultural. In reality, they’re serving those who won’t hesitate to rob them blindly, imprison their friends, and slash their freedoms. I mean, we’re seeing this already in red states. Trump, Orban, Bolsonaro, Putin, etc all encourage the worst out of others.