What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

It has to be done, and yes it will take decades and cooperation across both parties. There's no point of continuing on this circus where our kids are going to school to be social justice warriors with no real jobs awaiting them in the US.

Unless you believe the complete evisceration of the middle class is a good thing? And believe going back to the feudal system of the dark ages with peasants and lords is a good thing.

Doesnt this suggest that tax cuts to the top isn’t helping lower and middle class wages grow? Especially since these tax cuts create deficits that are then used as an excuse to slash social safety nets that disproportionately benefits the lower and middle class?

Wage inequality. From 2000 to 2019, wage growth was strongest for the highest-wage workers, continuing the trend in rising wage inequality since 1979
Seems to me like we should try progressive taxation and massive public spending again to build infrastructure and the social safety net. Stuff that seemed to work just fine for a good chunk of the past century until Reaganomics displaced it.

Let's be patient, give the Biden Administration time to plan and solve as many of the concerns we have. Don't agree that all student debt should be forgiven. Students who have incurred debt need help, work out a plan that encourages debt payment through some kind of matching dollar paid for a dollar forgiven. The $1400 stimulus relief will help in times where Covid-19 isn't having any mercy on anyone. Congress needs to get it act together; start looking out for people. Those of you who are fortunate, you need to begin speaking up especially those of you who get tax break after tax break and still complain. Let us all get our affairs in order, make some sacrifices and extend a hand and kindness to those in need. Bless us all...
There’s no incentive for congress to “get its act together” as long as the House can be gerrymandered and the Senate can be filibustered. Republicans literally can retake the House in 2022 just by redrawing Florida’s map. why would they work with Democrats to fix anything? That’ll just work against their re-election hopes. The better off the country becomes, the harder it’ll be for Republicans to return to power.

Republicans can literally block most legislation in the Senate by filibustering, All they need is 40 votes. Which is easy when you consider how most southern states provide them with 40 safe red Senate seats. Like the House Republicans, they have zero incentive to help Democrats. As McConnell has explained many times, the worse they can make the country, the better their chances are of retaking power.

And once Republicans return to power they can return to passing tax cuts while subsequently tearing up the social safety net, deregulate, and confirm conservative judges because it helps their top donors to enrich themselves, pollute with impunity, and rip off the working types. This isn’t a new game plan folks.

Last edited:
If you think a $1,400 check is helping anyone get out of poverty you are delusional. If I remember correctly the Dems were dragging their feet until Trump was out of office so they could push this stimulus under their watch. Didn't Trump want a 2K stimulus but both parties stalled that for their own selfish reasons?

God, it sounds like I'm defending Trump but I'm not.
No the Dems weren't stalling the 2,000 dollars. They agreed with Trump.
And 1400 bucks definitely helps people. And it's not only 1400 bucks as it is actually 1400 per person in the family. 5600 bucks definitely helps a family of 4.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

As a person, Trump has critical flaws. If you want to focus on this as the Dem owned media has, you can have a heyday bashing him. If you want to focus on his policies to keep America from tumbling into 3rd world status, you need to support him. It's still at least a partially free country, so choose as you like.

I focus on both.
And it's funny that you think only the Dem owned media has discussed trumps horrible behavior. I have seen trump bitch about fox news often for criticizing him. Fox news isn't Dem owned. Surprised you didn't know that.

Trump did a great job of convincing all his devout followers that all his misdeeds and bad behavior should be blamed on the liberal fake news media rather than the person who actually said and did the misdeeds and bad behavior.

Trump said it best: "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" "It's, like, incredible."

He could shoot someone and his devout supporters would lay the blame at the feet of the fake news liberal media for covering the incident.

Screenshot_20210105-125606.jpeg

Doesnt this suggest that tax cuts to the top isn’t helping lower and middle class wages grow? Especially since these tax cuts create deficits that are then used as an excuse to slash social safety nets that disproportionately benefits the lower and middle class?

Seems to me like we should try progressive taxation and massive public spending again to build infrastructure and the social safety net. Stuff that seemed to work just fine for a good chunk of the past century until Reaganomics displaced it.

True it will take a lot more than corporate tax cuts, I don't have a problem with them going to 28%. Trump also added the tariffs to help against the main offender, China, who play by a different set of rules of course. The fact Biden has not rescinded them is one of the good things he's done (or not done you could say). If the tariffs are left in place, we will see positive results. Some sectors will need help. In the end though we need very little from China resource wise, we are in the drivers seat if we want to be.

I focus on both.
And it's funny that you think only the Dem owned media has discussed trumps horrible behavior. I have seen trump bitch about fox news often for criticizing him. Fox news isn't Dem owned. Surprised you didn't know that.

One son is a liberal, the other who runs FOX is slightly conservative to moderate. They are not their father. Outside the primetime shows, FOX is pretty moderate. Chris Wallace is def a moderate.

Trump did a great job of convincing all his devout followers that all his misdeeds and bad behavior should be blamed on the liberal fake news media rather than the person who actually said and did the misdeeds and bad behavior.

Trump said it best: "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" "It's, like, incredible."

He could shoot someone and his devout supporters would lay the blame at the feet of the fake news liberal media for covering the incident.

View attachment 10486

All about context. Trumps failings our well known. To still be focusing on them 3 months out of office, and either unable or scared to criticize the left on one thing shows you are a hopeless, lost slave to the media machine.

All about context. Trumps failings our well known. To still be focusing on them 3 months out of office, and either unable or scared to criticize the left on one thing shows you are a hopeless, lost slave to the media machine.
You think I'm focusing on trump? You couldn't be more wrong. It's been so nice hardly every talking about him.

Unable to criticize the left on one thing? Lol can you tell me some examples of when I'm critical of the right? I try to focus more on the actions of individuals. I mean Im mainly simply critical of trump. I don't often criticize "the right" as I don't really see things in the same way that your media likes to make you see things. I don't buy into the left is all this way and the right is all that way and they have to be enemies of each other. That's the BS that the media is feeding you and you are eating it right up

Slave to the media machine? I can guarantee you that I watch less news media than you do.

Hell, I don't even have cable and all I watch are movies and tv shows and kids shows (since my daughter controls the tv 90% of the time)

Last edited:
Dude why is this a surprise ?? He’s been protected from any live interaction all the way along. His handlers obv don’t want him to be exposed for his lack of mental agility. You guys have gone from a self absorbed orange nut job to a clueless corpse
It was the lesser of 2 evils. Doesn't mean it isn't still evil and doesn't mean most people don't understand that.

It was the lesser of 2 evils. Doesn't mean it isn't still evil and doesn't mean most people don't understand that.
Yep. In the democratic primaries Biden was my second to last choice.
I was pretty pissed when he was the nominee.
Still better than trump though. And it's not close. I don't think that Biden will do everything he can to push us into a civil war. I'm very anti civil war. I like America.

If you think a $1,400 check is helping anyone get out of poverty you are delusional. If I remember correctly the Dems were dragging their feet until Trump was out of office so they could push this stimulus under their watch. Didn't Trump want a 2K stimulus but both parties stalled that for their own selfish reasons?

God, it sounds like I'm defending Trump but I'm not.
I have a forklift driver I was talking to. She is thrilled with the stimulus because it is letting her get out from under her car payment while she has a kid that requires medical care (severely autistic) and at the moment she is the family's sole bread-winner because her husband got laid off. If you think that just because it doesn't impact you very much that it doesn't impact anyone you are incredibly out of touch. No one is saying it will permanently fix poverty, don't be that intellectually dishonest. But it will have an impact in people's lives, no doubt. It's absolutely imperfect, but it is impactful, especially on a personal level for a lot of people. I employ many people in similar circumstances and they are grateful beyond belief.

You think I'm focusing on trump? You couldn't be more wrong. It's been so nice hardly every talking about him.

Unable to criticize the left on one thing? Lol can you tell me some examples of when I'm critical of the right? I try to focus more on the actions of individuals. I mean Im mainly simply critical of trump. I don't often criticize "the right" as I don't really see things in the same way that your media likes to make you see things. I don't buy into the left is all this way and the right is all that way and they have to be enemies of each other. That's the BS that the media is feeding you and you are eating it right up

Slave to the media machine? I can guarantee you that I watch less news media than you do.

Hell, I don't even have cable and all I watch are movies and tv shows and kids shows (since my daughter controls the tv 90% of the time)

I got a good laugh out of this.

Yep. In the democratic primaries Biden was my second to last choice.
I was pretty pissed when he was the nominee.
Still better than trump though. And it's not close. I don't think that Biden will do everything he can to push us into a civil war. I'm very anti civil war. I like America.

The only one I liked less than Biden was Bloomberg.
Biden has (thus far) done better than I expected, mostly by showing heart and compassion. But he's not done as well as I would really like.

The only one I liked less than Biden was Bloomberg.
Biden has (thus far) done better than I expected, mostly by showing heart and compassion. But he's not done as well as I would really like.
Same here.

While certainly not a scandal (no Republican called it that either), it is pretty obvious the establishment does not trust their vessel to blurt out something bad in a free forum.
While on the other hand, Trump DID NOT do press conferences often. When he did he made a fool of himself and the U.S. very reliably. Then the nitwit took to tweeting out his stupidity on a daily basis and left mini Goebbels (AKA McEnany) to tell everyone that Trump didn't actually mean all the stupid things he was saying, followed by Trump tweeting "yes I did." more or less.

I'm sad for all the remaining Trump supporters that they only have the memory of his butt hole smell left and can no longer burry their faces in his *** and breathe in their Dear Leader's essence.

While certainly not a scandal (no Republican called it that either), it is pretty obvious the establishment does not trust their vessel to blurt out something bad in a free forum.
Did it ever occur to you that President Biden isn’t doing press conferences because his press Secretary is holding them instead? The Trump administration essentially blew this off after Spicer quickly lost Donald’s favor and Huckabee got worn down. The Trump administration found out that they could do goofy helicopter meetings where donald pretended not to hear questions correctly. These quickly burned out. Then covid came and he used press conferences to feed his narcissistic personality by bragging about himself, downplaying the severity of the virus, and suggesting such marvelous medical innovations as Lysol up the ***. But it’s just not normal for the president to hold press conferences. He’s not an NBA player who needs to speak to the media on a daily basis.

I don’t want the president to do many press conferences. I don’t want to hear the president’s voice very often. We all heard the president’s voice way too often over the past four years. I want the president signing legislation, meeting other heads of state, and (quietly) doing his job. Let the press Secretary do their job.

Anyway, what’s the endgame here? What’s the complaint? Biden isnt speaking to the press enough? Is it because you think he’s “losing his mind?” Ummm okay. I don’t get the endgame here. Would you prefer he hold daily press conferences bragging about how many people he’s pulling out of poverty and how many people he’s vaccinating? What do you feel we’re missing out on? A gaffe to look bad? Cool.

Last edited: