What's new

The great and dreadful day of the Donovan is at hand: Jazz @ Thunder 4/18/2018 6:00 pm MST

I think there's a near 100% certainty that all of our rotation guys will be back next year. I'm also worried about what the ceiling of this team is as currently constructed though.

Iawtp. The good news is, not many teams have cap space so I’m not sure Favors or Exum will cost a ton to retain and in theory, for that reason, could become very tradable assets, should a great trade opportunity arise.

Those 3 pointers by Favors were so damn sexy. Also, it is key for us that the Thunder had Melo in there rather than Kanter. Their lack of a second big to deal with, or trouble Gobert and Favors is key. Imagine what they could do with Udoh even. . .

I'm very pleased that trading Kanter brought us Rubio and saddled OKC with Melo on a ridiculous contract.

Those 3 pointers by Favors were so damn sexy. Also, it is key for us that the Thunder had Melo in there rather than Kanter. Their lack of a second big to deal with, or trouble Gobert and Favors is key. Imagine what they could do with Udoh even. . .

I'm very pleased that trading Kanter brought us Rubio and saddled OKC with Melo on a ridiculous contract.
Those idiots!! The Thunder are probably better off signing some GLeague big then playing Melo. I mean don't the Thunder know Melo has never beaten the jazz in a playoff series?

I was at work providing for me and your momma.

Lol
You didn’t let me down. Huge playoff win for the jazz and an awesome game and no positive jazz comments in the gamethread.

QS made adjustments and they showed, Favors being the big difference this time. Adams is a tough assignment, but Gobert+Favors >> Adams.
Don does things rookies are not supposed to be doing, and he does them casually.
Rubio with the 22/9/7 statline showing the playoffs are not too big for him (and against Westbrook, no less).

Great to have Jerebko stepping up because Crowder and O'Neale didn't show up this time.

I liked seeing Donovan going strait at PG13 in the clutch. They couldn’t stop him once he decided to win the game.

His learning curve this year has been phenomenal, but I’m not sure we really expected him to start his playoff experience with 55 points, 16 rebounds, 5 assists and splitting the games on the road. He played 43 minutes last night through an injury.

Regardless of how far the Jazz go in the playoffs, I feel like somebody ought to send the Nuggets GM a nice gift basket.

That spin move and floater against "Playoff P" (<snicker>) late in the 4th was amazing.
i liked the spin move lefty finish better.

In the sea of white OKC fans, there were these 4 Jazz fans sitting pretty close to the basket the Jazz were shooting at in the second half and they'd just go nuts every time our boys hit a shot. I loved watching them. Local fans? Or some Utah kids on a mission? ;)

image.jpg

"Anyone notice a high pitch screaming sound when the Jazz get a bucket? s those bitch *** dudes in jazz jerseys above their bench"

I liked seeing Donovan going strait at PG13 in the clutch. They couldn’t stop him once he decided to win the game.

His learning curve this year has been phenomenal, but I’m not sure we really expected him to start his playoff experience with 55 points, 16 rebounds, 5 assists and splitting the games on the road. He played 43 minutes last night through an injury.

Regardless of how far the Jazz go in the playoffs, I feel like somebody ought to send the Nuggets GM a nice gift basket.
Speak for yourself; I wasn't kidding when I said Donovan will be the Final's MVP.

Adams foul trouble was huge.
Favors was maybe the mvp. Or spida. It’s close.
Rubio playing like we hoped.
Jonas big spark off the bench.
Gobert not spectacular but solid and clutch at the line at the end
Great game plan by Snyder
Crowder and jingles need to play better.

So fun to watch Mitchell go against these stars and get the better of them.

Yeah nailed it.
Adams is almost their second most important player for this series.

QS made adjustments and they showed, Favors being the big difference this time. Adams is a tough assignment, but Gobert+Favors >> Adams.
Don does things rookies are not supposed to be doing, and he does them casually.
Rubio with the 22/9/7 statline showing the playoffs are not too big for him (and against Westbrook, no less).

Great to have Jerebko stepping up because Crowder and O'Neale didn't show up this time.
It was interesting that Crowder came in for Ingles instead of Favors in this game. I think that had a huge impact on the outcome of this game. QS did that in both the 1st and 3rd Quarters.

Adams foul trouble was huge.
Favors was maybe the mvp. Or spida. It’s close.
Rubio playing like we hoped.
Jonas big spark off the bench.
Gobert not spectacular but solid and clutch at the line at the end
Great game plan by Snyder
Crowder and jingles need to play better.

So fun to watch Mitchell go against these stars and get the better of them.
Adams' foul trouble may have been huge...But the Thunder were -10 with him on the floor. I know +/- isn't the end all be all of stats but it's not like they were killing the Jazz while he played.