What's new

The great and dreadful day of the Donovan is at hand: Jazz @ Thunder 4/18/2018 6:00 pm MST

Dude... Who does that!

Like I said it’s a long story. She has crazy dog anxiety and won’t crate train. The house is empty most of the day and so leaving the dog in a crate is torture to her. She scratches the cage until her paws bleed... we have 4 kids and I’m self employed so not a lot of time.

We found a retired couple that has been looking for a dog sibling... they are home all day and the dogs are best friends... it’s best for both parties. Also, my sister forced the dog on us... we didn’t want her... another long story with family death and major guilt trip involved. She’s friendly and fun but it’s a bad match. She’s done about 3-4K in damage to the house with carpet and other things. Another incedent and I was going to punt her like Jack Black did to Baxter in anchor man.

Anywell I was more than frustrated because I had told everyone earlier that the Jazz game was on and started at 5, came home and it was thing after thing... drive me nuts and I think it was partly responsible for the 19-0 run OKC went on.

Yeah not happening here in Aus land :) You never ever part with the dog..

I get it but trust me it’s an upgrade for her. Kids will be sad for a few days and get over it.

I love dogs... if you can’t give them what they need it’s best to find a good home for them and we have done that 100%. I will not be dog shamed.

I get it but trust me it’s an upgrade for her. Kids will be sad for a few days and get over it.

I love dogs... if you can’t give them what they need it’s best to find a good home for them and we have done that 100%. I will not be dog shamed.

Sounds like you're doing good by the dog.

Westbrook and George at the end of the third last night... "I will not be god shamed".

Hey you're a better man than me. I grew up with dog's all my life, but now that I have 3 little kids and a wife that is scared of them, I am not sure when I will (or if I will) get another.

Hey you're a better man than me. I grew up with dog's all my life, but now that I have 3 little kids and a wife that is scared of them, I am not sure when I will (or if I will) get another.

We will get another at some point when the kids are older and more able to help. She was one of those small designer puppy farm dogs... really more of a very friendly cat. I grew up with labs... outside of shedding they are the perfect dogs.

We will get another at some point when the kids are older and more able to help. She was one of those small designer puppy farm dogs... really more of a very friendly cat. I grew up with labs... outside of shedding they are the perfect dogs.

Yeah they are.

Well I grew up with Bull Mastiffs... Dogs that put hair on your chest. Tough as old nails, but also incredibly loyal and sensitive. Reason we had them was the breed had genetic issues with hips so were not suppose to do regular exercise :) Perfect dogs...

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=637#imgrc=RKYoonDuK5Y2fM:

Man has this team grown since the beginning of the year! What a transformation. I am loving it. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Whatever happens in this series this team has surpassed my wildest expectations and the future looks brighter than I could have imagined before the season started. I've started looking at top tier free agents already. Either this year or next year IMO we should make a push for one or several of those... This is the time. With unselfish superstar defensive player in Gobert who doesn't require the ball on offense but saves your butt on defense like no other player in the league... with a rising two-way superstar in Donovan Mitchell and a coach that very deservedly is several years in a row in the conversation for COTY... if we cannot get a star now, we will never get one... This team needs a ... PG13 type of player to take the next step into legit contention. I really hope we don't waste this opportunity.... if not this year, then next year.

Man has this team grown since the beginning of the year! What a transformation. I am loving it. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Whatever happens in this series this team has surpassed my wildest expectations and the future looks brighter than I could have imagined before the season started. I've started looking at top tier free agents already. Either this year or next year IMO we should make a push for one or several of those... This is the time. With unselfish superstar defensive player in Gobert who doesn't require the ball on offense but saves your butt on defense like no other player in the league... with a rising two-way superstar in Donovan Mitchell and a coach that very deservedly is several years in a row in the conversation for COTY... if we cannot get a star now, we will never get one... This team needs a ... PG13 type of player to take the next step into legit contention. I really hope we don't waste this opportunity.... if not this year, then next year.
I may be one of the few....but I have no interest in PG13 on this team. His me first attitude is tiresome and as much as some want to ignore it, chemistry actually does matter in Basketball.

Donovan grows by the quarter... first half struggles a bit... Rudy has a pep talk with him... he smokes PG on both sides of the ball for a little over a quarter.

Kid is athletic, has desire, physical tools, but his most important quality might be his mind... I'm convinced he's a basketball savant.

I may be one of the few....but I have no interest in PG13 on this team. His me first attitude is tiresome and as much as some want to ignore it, chemistry actually does matter in Basketball.

I'd take him... most "stars" are me first guys and are very concerned with image. Hard to not be. He provides a ton of value off ball unlike RW and Melo. I'd take his ego over many others. At least he has the courage to go to his current team and tell them his intentions so they can plan accordingly.

But part of me want to say eff Playoff P-stain... so I get the sentiment.

It is basically impossible for us to get him this offseason cap wise so we can prolly bury any hope of him and just bash him without recourse.

I'd take him... most "stars" are me first guys and are very concerned with image. Hard to not be. He provides a ton of value off ball unlike RW and Melo. I'd take his ego over many others. At least he has the courage to go to his current team and tell them his intentions so they can plan accordingly.

But part of me want to say eff Playoff P-stain... so I get the sentiment.

It is basically impossible for us to get him this offseason cap wise so we can prolly bury any hope of him and just bash him without recourse.
I said this before the Jazz were slotted to play against that team. Just his attitude last year that he takes the final shot (even though he sucks at them), bothered me. I don't think his attitude meshes well with this team of team players. Stars can be team players, hell Lebron is.

I said this before the Jazz were slotted to play against that team. Just his attitude last year that he takes the final shot (even though he sucks at them), bothered me. I don't think his attitude meshes well with this team of team players. Stars can be team players, hell Lebron is.

I agree... the thing with him is it seems to be a little fake... like it is forced. I think he might still be able to be saved and join the program... Quin will give him the Jason Bourne training this summer and break him.

I do think team culture would make it a weird fit, but he seems salvageable. Loose lips Paul could use some DM PR coaching.

I agree... the thing with him is it seems to be a little fake... like it is forced. I think he might still be able to be saved and join the program... Quin will give him the Jason Bourne training this summer and break him.

I do think team culture would make it a weird fit, but he seems salvageable. Loose lips Paul could use some DM PR coaching.
As you said moot point. We can't afford him and he's not coming here. I love that he is actually a 2 way player though. He's still a good defender and those are the kinds of stars I have more respect for.

As you said moot point. We can't afford him and he's not coming here. I love that he is actually a 2 way player though. He's still a good defender and those are the kinds of stars I have more respect for.

Exactly and a shooter... His game would fit seamlessly and he can dominate without the ball. Also, he'd never come here... I think he is either LA bound or headed to Philly.

I think the Lakers pull off a Kwahi Leonard Paul George move this summer. Trade Ingram and stuff for Leonard and sign PG. I hope he doesn't go to Philly because I hate those bastards now... wait I hate the Lakers too... they have been so bad that I forgot how much I hate them... damn... just stay in OKC Paul.

The Miles comment last year was the nail in the coffin for me. I know it sounds petty, but it's a reflection of a much deeper problem. Well, perhaps not a deeper problem as much of just a lack of having something special that we need, which Donovan is the exact opposite of, even standing up to the fan base and supporting his teammates like Hood and Rubio when they were taking heat. You come out after a defeat and are pissed at your teammate, then you lack certain mental abilities to have you skills transcend the basketball court and reach something higher that ultimately swings back to more Ws.

The Miles comment last year was the nail in the coffin for me. I know it sounds petty, but it's a reflection of a much deeper problem. Well, perhaps not a deeper problem as much of just a lack of having something special that we need, which Donovan is the exact opposite of, even standing up to the fan base and supporting his teammates like Hood and Rubio when they were taking heat. You come out after a defeat and are pissed at your teammate, then you lack certain mental abilities to have you skills transcend the basketball court and reach something higher that ultimately swings back to more Ws.

I think hes a fake alpha... wants to say the "right" thing but is not always genuine about it. Ben Golliver calls him loose lips Paul... gets to the podium and just says stuff.

It was a dick move and CJ had a good shot. Contrast that to DM hitting Ricky for the game winning three earlier in the season.

The ultimate alpha, MJ, trusted his teammates in pressure situations... PG grew up watching Kobe who was more about the hero ball shot. One of the biggest difference between Kobe and MJ was that MJ would make the winning play.

I agree that labs rule