What's new

The great and dreadful day of the Donovan is at hand: Jazz @ Thunder 4/18/2018 6:00 pm MST

I think hes a fake alpha... wants to say the "right" thing but is not always genuine about it. Ben Golliver calls him loose lips Paul... gets to the podium and just says stuff.

It was a dick move and CJ had a good shot. Contrast that to DM hitting Ricky for the game winning three earlier in the season.

The ultimate alpha, MJ, trusted his teammates in pressure situations... PG grew up watching Kobe who was more about the hero ball shot. One of the biggest difference between Kobe and MJ was that MJ would make the winning play.
Being a fake alpha is the problem though. Doesn't come through when it matters but still thinks he should be the man. Throws a teammate who had a good shot under the bus when he hasn't been good at that shot either. Just that attitude that has me not really wanting him as part of the team.

Now if Lindsey goes gets him (not going to happen), I actually trust Quinn to get him to be a part of the team attitude.

Being a fake alpha is the problem though. Doesn't come through when it matters but still thinks he should be the man. Throws a teammate who had a good shot under the bus when he hasn't been good at that shot either. Just that attitude that has me not really wanting him as part of the team.

Now if Lindsey goes gets him (not going to happen), I actually trust Quinn to get him to be a part of the team attitude.

Right just wonder if it is something that might go away with more perspective and maturity... rather than an ingrained personal flaw. I agree it wouldn't be ideal.

I kind of like not having the name brand players and getting most of the production with players that have a team first attitude and cost a whole lot less. Like Favs... he's a Toyota... he's getting us there reliably without the flash... better than that old Jaguar (melo) that lost most of it's value and is no longer worth what you paid for it... also it isn't getting you where you need to be.

So excited that the next 2 games are in SLC.

Chesapeake Energy Arena's soundboard:
28o0ni.jpg

LOL truth.

The Jazz shot 41.7% from the field, 31.0% from three and 69.7% from the FT line and still won a playoff game on the road against a more experienced team. It is HARD to win on the road in the playoffs. The Jazz did it on a terrible shooting night. Because of defense. That's what common NBA fans don't understand about this series. They look at the Thunder and they see 3 big names who can create flashy highlights and have impressive stat lines then they look at the Jazz who don't get as much attention and they discount any possibility the Jazz can win. I can't tell you how many times I've had fans of other teams tell me "OKC has 3 stars y'all have none. OKC is gonna win" or heard the media say "The Jazz don't have an all star". The Jazz have two stars. Rudy Gobert is an All NBA player and the best defensive player on the planet. Donovan is going to make many All Star games. Believe me. But what fans around the NBA are sleeping on is the Jazz defense. When Rudy is healthy it's special. It gives us a chance to win games even when we shoot poorly. It widens the margin for error in a game. It gives us a chance to beat anyone in a 7 game series.

Game 2 notes:

Snyder made some great adjustments from game 1 and minus the 19-0 run used his TOs and rotations to perfection.

Wasnt impressed with Rubio again. Played decent D and made some important 3s but I lost count on how many times he picked up his dribble and wasted 5 seconds of shot clock waiting to find someone, really ground our offense to a halt at times. He also gamble too much on offensive rebounds, sometimes off FTs and allowed Rus to get out in transition.

Ingles has been really poor. If he doesnt figured it out next game or continues to turn down open looks Id be in favor of starting Crowder, ONeal or Exum on PG. Ingles developed a quick trigger this year and we need that version.

ONeal has been ordinary and stagnates our offense when he tries to run the PnR. Not a fan of Exum sitting in the corner while this is happening. Having said that Id be ok for ONeal to start and really sink his teeth into PG, I think hes at his defensive best when hes given that sort of responsibility.

Exum isnt look as engaged or aggressive as Id hope. He needs to improve.

Favors was a beast!!! Hes a $20Mil/yr guy if he could bring that energy and effort each game.

Super smart play by Rudy on that 6th foul on Adams.

Spida Mitchell is a star and elevating his game as I predicted pre series. The kid just went head to head with an MVP, perennial DPOY candidate and generational scorer and won out!!

Expect OKC to double Mitchell next game so we are gonna need to hit our open looks.

#1-1.
#On to the next.
#HomeCrowd
#Vivint
#DesertUnis

#DesertUnis
I heard a really cool thought on the radio today.
Jazz give out t-shirts for the game by rows that mimic the jazz uniforms. The top rows get yellow t-shirts, then the next set of rows gets orange, then red, then brown, and so on. The bottom 5 rows or so are black.

Or maybe just do one row of yellow, then the next row in orange, then red, etc etc.

I think that would look really cool and unique with the court and jerseys

Jazz give out t-shirts for the game by rows that mimic the jazz uniforms. The top rows get yellow t-shirts, then the next set of rows gets orange, then red, then brown, and so on. The bottom 5 rows or so are black.

Or maybe just do one row of yellow, then the next row in orange, then red, etc etc.

i actually saw a mockup photo of this and it looked amazing.

I may be one of the few....but I have no interest in PG13 on this team. His me first attitude is tiresome and as much as some want to ignore it, chemistry actually does matter in Basketball.
I really wanted PG13 in the offseason, but I’d be very concerned about bringing him in at this point. I think that physically he’s a perfect fit. He’d really have to buy in to Quin’s vision. . . but I’m certain that Snyder can get the most out of him.

The guy I really want is Jimmy Butler. I’d make that happen in a freaking heartbeat. I think Snyder would run circles around the league with Mitchell, Butler and Gobert. If he becomes disgruntled or frustrated in Minnesota, I’d be ready to pounce on that.

Hey you're a better man than me. I grew up with dog's all my life, but now that I have 3 little kids and a wife that is scared of them, I am not sure when I will (or if I will) get another.
I grew up with dogs and cats, all inside animals. Can't really stand when people leave them outside.. Bought a house 2 and a half years ago and have really loved having the extra clean house. We have 4 chickens but the GF has been getting that itch to get a dog cat..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using JazzFanz mobile app

The Jazz are actually doing this. Well kind of. They are giving everyone at the game a free #TakeNote city edition T-shirt. The seat will determine which color the person will get, red, orange or yellow.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46302830/jazz-city-edition-jerseys-and-shirts-return-for-playoffs

Love it.

If it happens I hope we stay in Gold.

039BF241-C63E-4F3A-977E-892432A55172.jpeg

Game 2 notes:

Snyder made some great adjustments from game 1 and minus the 19-0 run used his TOs and rotations to perfection.

Wasnt impressed with Rubio again. Played decent D and made some important 3s but I lost count on how many times he picked up his dribble and wasted 5 seconds of shot clock waiting to find someone, really ground our offense to a halt at times. He also gamble too much on offensive rebounds, sometimes off FTs and allowed Rus to get out in transition.

Ingles has been really poor. If he doesnt figured it out next game or continues to turn down open looks Id be in favor of starting Crowder, ONeal or Exum on PG. Ingles developed a quick trigger this year and we need that version.

ONeal has been ordinary and stagnates our offense when he tries to run the PnR. Not a fan of Exum sitting in the corner while this is happening. Having said that Id be ok for ONeal to start and really sink his teeth into PG, I think hes at his defensive best when hes given that sort of responsibility.

Exum isnt look as engaged or aggressive as Id hope. He needs to improve.

Favors was a beast!!! Hes a $20Mil/yr guy if he could bring that energy and effort each game.

Super smart play by Rudy on that 6th foul on Adams.

Spida Mitchell is a star and elevating his game as I predicted pre series. The kid just went head to head with an MVP, perennial DPOY candidate and generational scorer and won out!!

Expect OKC to double Mitchell next game so we are gonna need to hit our open looks.

#1-1.
#On to the next.
#HomeCrowd
#Vivint
#DesertUnis

we were +18 with Joe Ingles on the floor.

Exum was +4 in his time and only had one turnover, first game he constantly drove to the rim

Ricky was awesome in game 2

I really wanted PG13 in the offseason, but I’d be very concerned about bringing him in at this point. I think that physically he’s a perfect fit. He’d really have to buy in to Quin’s vision. . . but I’m certain that Snyder can get the most out of him.

The guy I really want is Jimmy Butler. I’d make that happen in a freaking heartbeat. I think Snyder would run circles around the league with Mitchell, Butler and Gobert. If he becomes disgruntled or frustrated in Minnesota, I’d be ready to pounce on that.

If we add Paul George to this team, he fits into what we do and we become title contenders IMMEDIATELY

we were +18 with Joe Ingles on the floor.

Exum was +4 in his time and only had one turnover, first game he constantly drove to the rim

Ricky was awesome in game 2

Theres more to basketball than +/- and having 3pts on 1/6 shooting in 33mins isnt going to cut it.

Ingles has looked out of his depth in the first 2 games.

Come on.
Decent D? I lost count on how many times Westbrook attempted a shot with Rubio all over him. Give Rubio more credit.
Some important 3s? He made 5 threes. 5! Imagine Donovan or Joe making 5 3s in game 2. 2 of those 3s were late in the game. Give Rubio more credit.
Rubio picked up his dribble and wasted 5 seconds of the shot clock? What is he supposed to do if there is no available pass, force it and turn the ball over? There were times were nobody moved, others were the pass was too risky. Taking care of the ball is huge or Westbrook scores the other way in 1.6 seconds. Give Rubio more credit.
Gambled too much on offensive rebounds and allowed Westbrook to get out in transition? It happened ONCE IIRC, when Ingles fouled him and got 2 FTs.

Look, if 22/9/7 for Rubio while Westbrook shoots 7/19 isn't good enough for you, I don't know what else to tell you. You are hard to please.