What's new

The Jazz have re-Signed Jarrell Brantley

Jazz still have the two two-way players slots to fill also
Maybe Oni gets one of those

I think you're right
Oni is odd man out
Unless Jazz make another move this is a much better roster with lots of options for Quin

If the Jazz can convince Forrest to take a 2-way deal, they can keep a roster spot for Oni. Thing is, I think a team is going to make Forrest an offer if the Jazz don't.

Jazz also need to come to terms with Butler. I haven't heard if he's signed yet. I can't imagine the Jazz would put Butler on a 2-way just to keep a deep roster spot for Oni though.

I don't think Oni has really improved as a shooter or creator in the past 2 years. I think he is what he is.
Like I said, he's decent, but I think you could find someone just like him if you needed to. His institutional knowledge over Forrest has been bridged from watching Forrest run the squad in SL.

Like I said, he's decent, but I think you could find someone just like him if you needed to. His institutional knowledge over Forrest has been bridged from watching Forrest run the squad in SL.

That's true. You could replace Oni with Daniel House, James Ennis or maybe Frank Ntilikina, if you don't care as much about shooting.

That's true. You could replace Oni with Daniel House, James Ennis or maybe Frank Ntilikina, if you don't care as much about shooting.
I also think Oni could just play for the Stars. I don't see anyone picking him up. I mean he has an Ivy League education to fall back on, so I'm not going to lose sleep for him.

Jazz still have the two two-way players slots to fill also
Maybe Oni gets one of those
They’d have to waive him to do that. I don’t think a waived guy turns around and signs a two-way.

Shooting is important, I'm not sure Oni really gave that to us like he should have on paper. I really think there will be times this year when we miss the Hell out of Niang.

I’m not going to lose a ton of sleep about end of the roster moves, but offering the QO to Brantley for a full roster spot made no sense. Dude has shown nada.

We might end up just having to waive him and pay him $84,000.

Can you imagine someone saying "Here, sign this. It will pay you $86,000 while we decide what to do with you." Just a whole 'nuther world.
What do the summer league players get? Just room and board while the SL is going or do they get some kind of stipend?

I’m not going to lose a ton of sleep about end of the roster moves, but offering the QO to Brantley for a full roster spot made no sense. Dude has shown nada.

We might end up just having to waive him and pay him $84,000.
Eh, the $86,000 might even be a sweetner to keep him on with the Stars. it's really nothing at this level. People pay a couple of million to buy a 2nd round pick.

That's what agents are for
To negotiate and advise his client
Brantley's agent must not have much interest for him and got him 85,000 for now

That's what agents are for
To negotiate and advise his client
Brantley's agent must not have much interest for him and got him 85,000 for now
Most people are shocked he was offered. I'd say his agent is doing work. In fact, the QO might just be a favor to the agent for goodwill purposes.

Most people are shocked he was offered. I'd say his agent is doing work. In fact, the QO might just be a favor to the agent for goodwill purposes.
I just checked, Brantley's agent is also Juwan Morgan's agent. We did favors for Morgan too. We have payed him over 2 million.