What's new

The Jazz have re-Signed Jarrell Brantley

I'd go Conley/Forrest/Butler though. . .

Probably closer to Conley/(Ingles)/ Forrest/Butler
Yup. Everyone assuming Butler steps right in and gets minutes could happen but if I were a betting man not what I would guess.

If the Jazz can convince Forrest to take a 2-way deal, they can keep a roster spot for Oni. Thing is, I think a team is going to make Forrest an offer if the Jazz don't.

Jazz also need to come to terms with Butler. I haven't heard if he's signed yet. I can't imagine the Jazz would put Butler on a 2-way just to keep a deep roster spot for Oni though.
Who cares about Oni, let him walk, he’s not an nba player never was and said during his first SL that he wasn’t when everyone was drooling all over him.

I find this disappointing. I don’t think Oni, Morgan, and Brantley are nba players. I really don’t like brantleys offensive game. The sooner we move on from these guys, the better. I get that these guys are pretty deep in our roster, but I’d like to at least give other players a chance. Maybe we find another Royce or something.

We are allowed 20 players on the roster in the summer until cut down day, several days before the start of the season(if I'm not mistaken). I don't think this means much for Forrest or anybody else from the players on the edge of roster spots. We will likely sign multiple players on what resembles camp deals(small guarantee deal, pretty much similar to what Brantley got) and we will cut down the roster to 15(or less) before the start of the regular season.

The jazz continue to impress this off season.
Well done

Honestly, I don’t know why fringe NBA guys like Brantley don’t go get more PT and make more money overseas. If you’re good enough for the NBA, you’ll find your way back. If not, at least you maximized your earnings for what is a relatively short career rather than languishing in the G-League.

Honestly, I don’t know why fringe NBA guys like Brantley don’t go get more PT and make more money overseas. If you’re good enough for the NBA, you’ll find your way back. If not, at least you maximized your earnings for what is a relatively short career rather than languishing in the G-League.
I agree but some people might like america and being close to their families. There is more to life than money imo

I agree but some people might like america and being close to their families. There is more to life than money imo
For sure. People have different values. Basketball players just have such a short window in which to make their money that if I were in their position, I’d maximize that aspect.

Guys like Jimmer seem a little bitter about their careers. But he’s a legend in China, and became a multi-millionaire in the process. That should be seen as a high level of success.

For sure. People have different values. Basketball players just have such a short window in which to make their money that if I were in their position, I’d maximize that aspect.

Guys like Jimmer seem a little bitter about their careers. But he’s a legend in China, and became a multi-millionaire in the process. That should be seen as a high level of success.
for some guys the reasoning is that it’s far easier to get back in the NBA stateside. You never know when an injury happens, a g-league spot opens up, etc. Out of sight out of mind and all.

I would really hope that the Jazz find a spot for Forrest. I think he is a backup NBA player. Jazz need 3 PGs with Conley's injury history. I am fine with Brantley getting the contract he got. As someone said he can be throw in with a trade. I would cut or trade Hughes instead of letting Forrest walk.

yeah that 84k guaranteed amount means it's not really a deal. He can be cut at anytime. Hope JZ doesn't stop looking at FA market because of Brantley.

THere's way less certainty in Europe and you are going to be moving a lot. You arent giving as good of opportunities to train as you are in America with NBA facilities.

If you have a family it's a lot easier just to stay in America if you can still get a decent check.

THere's way less certainty in Europe and you are going to be moving a lot. You arent giving as good of opportunities to train as you are in America with NBA facilities.

If you have a family it's a lot easier just to stay in America if you can still get a decent check.
And if you think you have a shot at becoming a rotational player the odds are better by staying on an NBA roster.

And if you think you have a shot at becoming a rotational player the odds are better by staying on an NBA roster.
That and I'm not sure if Brantley is really the prototype European player. I don't know how well his game would fit. It's not like NWG who really makes sense as a European player.