What's new

The Jazz play the nix tonight at 5:30

Fwiw btw
Vasquez stats.

19 minutes per game
32% FROM THE FIELD
20% FROM THREE
2.3 assists
8 pts per game (not bad for 19 minutes tbh)

He is shooting great from the line (93%) though he doesn't get there often.
Still early. The point is the Raps have loads of depth and diversity on the perimeter. Their frontcourt is adequate as well.

This was huge for Trey. Hopefully it breaks the slump.
Hayward has taken a giant leap this year!
Also I feel like the offense really puts Alec out of his iso element. I think QS is smart enough to figure out how to teach or incorporate his talents without going to pure iso ball.

I feel like we have a ton of special players that are elite in one area. If QS can put it all together in harmony this team will continue to surprise. Call me a homer.
Homer.
You and me both. Good post

Still early. The point is the Raps have loads of depth and diversity on the perimeter. Their frontcourt is adequate as well.
Fair enough

Jazz had 25 assists tonight too. The only thing that hurt them was the 18 turnovers. I'm pretty sure we were better in everything else compared to the Knicks.
But only four TO's in the second half. For the season, the Jazz have more assists and are even in rebounds. Also have fewer fouls. Still need to cut down on those TO's. Overall FG% is pretty close, but 3PT% is 6% lower. Fix that and the Jazz would be a .500 team.

QS has got to stop letting teams back in it. Run your normal offense until at least the last minute. 3-4 mins is a lifetime in the NBA.

This was huge for Trey. Hopefully it breaks the slump.
Hayward has taken a giant leap this year!
Also I feel like the offense really puts Alec out of his iso element. I think QS is smart enough to figure out how to teach or incorporate his talents without going to pure iso ball.

I feel like we have a ton of special players that are elite in one area. If QS can put it all together in harmony this team will continue to surprise. Call me a homer.

Yes, I hope it does start a good stretch for Trey. I felt Hayward actually played pretty good defense on 'Melo, though the point total sure doesn't reflect that. Loved the big game by Favors.

Trey's "calm down, I got dis" face. Also, some great bench reactions

1404531_10154800793835268_1036698500912624410_o.jpg

Surprised to see you even try to claim that. Favors made a huge mistake on that play. It was pretty clear he simply forgot the Jazz were up exactly three points since he kept backing up and backing up to the point where Carmelo was able to get the shot off over him. I hope the Jazz coaches pull him aside and try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Umm no. He played ok defense on the play. But after the Lebron incident, I'm sure he didn't want to take the flop again. And you don't want to risk the foul and 3 with that play.

Wow, just finished watching the game.

I hate Carmello. Crazy how many touch fouls were called in the post against him and Burks couldn't even get a call on a couple of layup attempts where he got hacked, same with Favors. If any of our players knew how to flop we probably could have drawn 3-5 charging calls on him.

Hayward is a baller. Straight murked the Knicks teh whole game.

Burke is clutch. No denying that. Hopefully this gives him a spark.

Shane Larkin blows.

I thought Burke played well too. I think I only counted 1 bad shot where he kind of went 1 on 1 too long and hoisted up something ugly. He made some nice passes.

He kind of got lucky though because after Larkin missed that fast break layup, he seemed to have 0 confidence to do anything. Burke could leave Larkin open all day long and Larkin never looked like he wanted to shoot the ball.

Derrick Favors get the quietest 20 point games ever. Didn't even realize he was scoring that much until I checked teh box score at the end of the game. Really taking advantage of the attention Hayward has been getting. Also super impressed he drained his 2 FT's during clutch time.

Also, that quick stepback Hayward had on Melo to put the Jazz up 3 (the shot before Melo banked in the 3) was nasty. The confidence, the smoothness. Full chub.

Also, that quick stepback Hayward had on Melo to put the Jazz up 3 (the shot before Melo banked in the 3) was nasty. The confidence, the smoothness. Full chub.

I liked it cause it went in, if it hadn't that probably would've been a pretty bad shot.

Wow, just finished watching the game.

I hate Carmello. Crazy how many touch fouls were called in the post against him and Burks couldn't even get a call on a couple of layup attempts where he got hacked, same with Favors. If any of our players knew how to flop we probably could have drawn 3-5 charging calls on him.

Hayward is a baller. Straight murked the Knicks teh whole game.

Burke is clutch. No denying that. Hopefully this gives him a spark.

Shane Larkin blows.

Just finished watching as well... Carmelo chucks elbows, drops his shoulder and plows through guys and then get hand check calls... It's BS.

Hayward's the man... Where's thriller? He dealt with the frustration on defense and didn't back up when Carmelo was going at him.

Hayward's a max player y'all... So haters can shove it!