What's new

The Jazz play the nix tonight at 5:30

Wow, just finished watching the game.

I hate Carmello. Crazy how many touch fouls were called in the post against him and Burks couldn't even get a call on a couple of layup attempts where he got hacked, same with Favors. If any of our players knew how to flop we probably could have drawn 3-5 charging calls on him.

Hayward is a baller. Straight murked the Knicks teh whole game.

Burke is clutch. No denying that. Hopefully this gives him a spark.

Shane Larkin blows.

Well I agree with everything except the last comment. I thought Shane outplayed Burke up until the end of the game. Burke couldn't get by Larkin most of the night.

Hey it's fine you don't like trey... I'm not a huge fan either. But save the hate for another night.

Try to be less of a dick for now

right back at you, fish...

the point is, a lot of folks around here have been bad-mouthing Trey

that's not to say it can't all be forgotten when he hits a game winner at the buzzer - - but hitting that game winner does not erase the negative comments so many of you have made in various threads...

Solid game by Burke overall. Probably his best so far this season. But I don't understand why Kanter is in the doghouse. His D isn't THAT bad. It's not like Melo would have gone for 60 instead of 46.

If you notice the Knicks were playing small ball. It was just a poor match. Kanter played well when he was in.

QS has got to stop letting teams back in it. Run your normal offense until at least the last minute. 3-4 mins is a lifetime in the NBA.

I would agree, keep running what is working until you can really run time out. I think it would be interesting to just run their pass/move offense with anyone taking a shot until the very end.

WearyRealisticBactrian.gif

Love the no look high five (or low five) between Ingles and Snyder.

A the little shoulder bump to a pouting JR Smith.

I can hear the Teen Wolf music now.

He didn't get benched. It was about as bad a matchup last night as there will be for him, and Melo was going off on everyone else can you imagine Kanter guarding Melo because I can't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also because of Travis Wear lololololololol.

My favorite moments of the game were Wear vs. Novak. It was like Novak jumped in a time machine to play himself in the past.

Love the no look high five (or low five) between Ingles and Snyder.

Thanks for pointing that out..... its awesome

I also noticed that alec knew it was going in just a split second before everyone else (he had the best angle to see its trajectory)

Also because of Travis Wear lololololololol.

My favorite moments of the game were Wear vs. Novak. It was like Novak jumped in a time machine to play himself in the past.

Lol
i had a similar thought

Is anyone else just shocked by how good Hayward looks? Unbelievable last night.

He has looked fanstastic all year

So. Why did Kanter get benched?

I think it was because his help defense was terrible. There was a play in particular where Rudy helped Kanter after he got beat, and right after Kanter did nothing and stood around after Rudy got beat.

I think it was because his help defense was terrible. There was a play in particular where Rudy helped Kanter after he got beat, and right after Kanter did nothing and stood around after Rudy got beat.
Good observation. I remember that play. Rudy was not happy and said something to Kanter; I think Harpring pointed that out. Hope Snyder sent a message by pulling Enes. Let's see how he responds vs. Toronto.

Umm no. He played ok defense on the play. But after the Lebron incident, I'm sure he didn't want to take the flop again. And you don't want to risk the foul and 3 with that play.
Agree. He forced 'Melo to take a longer three and didn't foul. I'm sure the Lebron injustice was on his mind. Refs just waiting to give a star a bogus call. His hand was up, 'Melo was further back than he probably wanted. It was just a great shot by a great offensive player.

'Melo did show some class (I know that's hard to believe) by crediting Trey at the end.

This is the play:

https://on.nba.com/119A6hQ (30 second mark in the 2nd quarter).

I don't know if Kanter actually did anything wrong here. It's clear the Jazz had been instructed not to double Anthony all night, and Kanter's guy had pulled him quite a bit away from the ball. I recall this same exact thing happening towards the end of the game with Favors/Hayward guarding Anthony.

Kanter's reaction is not slow. As soon as Gobert is beat, he comes over, but Anthony is too quick, sees Kanter there, and uses the rim as a protector for the lay-up.

edit: Here's the play with Hayward and Favors (45 second mark in the 4th quarter). Same exact thing that happened with Kanter happens with Favors here. https://on.nba.com/119ALQg

Agree. He forced 'Melo to take a longer three and didn't foul. I'm sure the Lebron injustice was on his mind. Refs just waiting to give a star a bogus call. His hand was up, 'Melo was further back than he probably wanted. It was just a great shot by a great offensive player.

Great or lucky? Was he trying to bank it in? Doubtful.