What's new

The Jazz play the nix tonight at 5:30

I liked it cause it went in, if it hadn't that probably would've been a pretty bad shot.

I actually had the time line of the shot wrong. It was a 2 for 1 shot when there was like 30 seconds left, so it made sense to get a quick shot off.

I liked it cause it went in, if it hadn't that probably would've been a pretty bad shot.

But great players can make bad shots. You need them. I'm okay with Hayward hitting shots like this and still scoring efficiently.

I actually had the time line of the shot wrong. It was a 2 for 1 shot when there was like 30 seconds left, so it made sense to get a quick shot off.

That does make more sense, I'm just glad he made it.

what an awesome picture, capturing the hope, anticipation and emotions of the bench as Trey launched the final shot:

B2dCDnUCAAAd0fZ.jpg

The good news is we've been in every game this road trip. We could have gone 4-0. I guess some would say since we didn't win all the close games it wasn't a success. I'm just glad this team is competitive on the road right now. Let's beat Toronto, and come home happy.

It was a decent contest, but had he been more aggressive, there's no way Anthony hits that shot with favors and length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one was going to keep Melo from shooting. If Favors was closer, Melo would have jumped into him and got free throws and possibly hit the shot as well. But it doesn't matter, we won.

Wow, just finished watching the game.

I hate Carmello. Crazy how many touch fouls were called in the post against him and Burks couldn't even get a call on a couple of layup attempts where he got hacked, same with Favors. If any of our players knew how to flop we probably could have drawn 3-5 charging calls on him.

Hayward is a baller. Straight murked the Knicks teh whole game.

Burke is clutch. No denying that. Hopefully this gives him a spark.

Shane Larkin blows.

I thought Burke played well too. I think I only counted 1 bad shot where he kind of went 1 on 1 too long and hoisted up something ugly. He made some nice passes.

He kind of got lucky though because after Larkin missed that fast break layup, he seemed to have 0 confidence to do anything. Burke could leave Larkin open all day long and Larkin never looked like he wanted to shoot the ball.

Derrick Favors get the quietest 20 point games ever. Didn't even realize he was scoring that much until I checked teh box score at the end of the game. Really taking advantage of the attention Hayward has been getting. Also super impressed he drained his 2 FT's during clutch time.

Also, that quick stepback Hayward had on Melo to put the Jazz up 3 (the shot before Melo banked in the 3) was nasty. The confidence, the smoothness. Full chub.

Nailed it

Also, that quick stepback Hayward had on Melo to put the Jazz up 3 (the shot before Melo banked in the 3) was nasty. The confidence, the smoothness. Full chub.

Loved the recognition by Hayward on that play. Anthony got hurt on the previous possession and GH went right at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E61aJukiijQ

I'm loving Haywards drive game.
I always thought he would be a good shooter (he is white after all) and always knew he had high bbiq.
His drive game has gotten alot better. His new found strength (and confidence) has made a huge difference in his game

Anyone else find it concerning how we never double, especially players who post up? I just find it interesting that we never seen to double. I get the idea of not wanting to leave shooters wide open. But at the same time, when a guy like Melo is just getting layup/fouling out our entire team, shouldn't you send someone over to either make him pass it out and reset or think for a few seconds before making a move?

The good news is we've been in every game this road trip. We could have gone 4-0. I guess some would say since we didn't win all the close games it wasn't a success. I'm just glad this team is competitive on the road right now. Let's beat Toronto, and come home happy.

I'd say it has been a success because we are 2-2 so far this trip and the Jazz have been in all of them. Big not for learning to close out they would be 4-0 on this trip. This road trip has provided 4 very good learning experiences.

Still plenty of room for improvement but there has already been dramatic improvement.

No one was going to keep Melo from shooting. If Favors was closer, Melo would have jumped into him and got free throws and possibly hit the shot as well. But it doesn't matter, we won.
All Favors had to do was get up in him so that Melo couldn't bend his legs to get a normal jumpshot off and put his hands straight in the air without jumping. This would've created an even more awkward and difficult shot
Anyone else find it concerning how we never double, especially players who post up? I just find it interesting that we never seen to double. I get the idea of not wanting to leave shooters wide open. But at the same time, when a guy like Melo is just getting layup/fouling out our entire team, shouldn't you send someone over to either make him pass it out and reset or think for a few seconds before making a move?
it's always pissed me off how we would automatically double in the past, so I don't mind it. Let Melo get his and stop everyone else. Melo can't beat us by himself.
Is anyone else just shocked by how good Hayward looks? Unbelievable last night.
Yes and no. I remember years back during his rookie year proclaiming he'd be a star. I even stated he had the ability to put up 20/4/8 one day, and he's close to this now. After last year I admit I had my doubts, but if he continues what he's doing now, he's an Allstar, and if he continues this beyond this year, he's a star. Props to Hayward to really working hard over the offseason, and showing team USA he shouldn't have been cut.

And one last thing. Parsons is no Hayward.