What's new

The Knicks are at the Cross Section of Hope and Desperation

Lol. Booker doesn't get the assignments either. Because playoff basketball has so many switches
Definitely agree on this. I watched one of the Pels v Suns q4s and the much-heralded (at least by my Pelicans-fan friend, but also apparently everyone else) Herb Jones didn't _actually_ defend anyone on-ball for I think the entire quarter. They just reorganize to whatever they want.

In the olden days, you would have your premier defender and put him on MJ or whoever, but these days, you need everyone to be able to step up a bit as first man, then you get help. It's a team effort and the Jazz have failed miserably (this is IMHO all Quin), but we also need individual effort, where Donovan has failed more than anyone.

I think the Blazers are in a difficult position with Damian Lillard. He's about to make a ton of money, and he's got a few years left to play at a high level. That's why I could see the Blazers making a play for Gobert. If the Blazers can piece together Grant and Gobert next to Lillard, while keeping Simons, that's a 2nd-round playoff team at least.

I'm interested in the Blazers' lottery pick this year. That range could get Jalen Duren, Tari Eason, Keegan Murray or AJ Griffin.

Bledsoe would probably need to be included in the deal, so either he or Mike Conley would need to be moved to a third team. Bledsoe isn't fully guaranteed until June 29, which is a week after the draft.

Last edited:
In an older thread I said I'd do Reddish, Quickley and 4 1sts and a four 2nds for DM and that I didn't want Randle.

If they offered 6 1sts **** yeah you do it! That could set us up for a Celtics-like windfall.

Steph gets to play with some of the best perimeter defenders in the entire league. He guards the other team's worst offensive threat. He gets to play the passing lanes. And Donovan Mitchell averaged more steals per game than Steph.

Good perimeter defenders matter. Good teammates matter. We simply do not have a great perimeter defender on this team. Not one.

It's not about effort. Sure, he takes some plays off. But so does Steph.

Our defensive philosophy gets absolutely abused in the playoffs. This isn't an outlier. When you got guys like Brunson, Mann and Kleber lighting it up. It ain't on one person. If Don was playing on GS, I guarantee you that **** wouldn't be happening.
Except in direct matchups Steph's direct man opponent shoots 1.4% less than their average while Don's opponent shoots 4% better. And the Jazz try to hide Mitchell too. This was the regular season. Against Dallas opponents shot 9.6% better. Both regular season and playoffs were the worst for any Jazz player getting regular minutes.

What's worse, in the playoffs two years ago, players were -9.9 below their average when Don guarded them, which shows he can play D when he wants to. A good coach would be all over this ****, instead of stroking egos.

You act like he was lazy on a few plays, did you not watch the games? He took a lot of plays off. Defense is contagious, as is the lack thereof.

I like Don, bit if this is the version the Jazz get going forward, I'm all for trading him while is value is still likely high.

Not a bad idea, but for what? Herro is an obvious piece, but what else? Bam?
Herro, Duncan Robinson, and Yurt plus the trade exception (Okpala) all for Donovan works on a salary basis. Throw in 3 first round draft picks and you are getting 6 assets for one.

Do the heat do it? Not sure. But it is a pretty good haul imho.

You can flip Herro and Robinson for 2+ ea additional 1sts if you want.

You guys are acting like the Knicks organization is a total joke. Moreover that they’re going to continue to make the same mistakes ad nauseum. So you’re saying that the GM is going to trade for another player even if Thibs refuses to play him.o_O
Umm… they are a total joke…?

Like… are you ****ing serious right now? Is there an organization run so consistently terrible as the Knicks over the last ~20 years?

Last edited:
Umm… they are a total joke…?

Like… are you ****ing serious right now? Is there an organization run so consistently terrible as the Knicks over the last ~20 years?
It’s longer than that. I wonder what they would have thought if you told them back in ‘99 that their underdog run to the finals would be the pinnacle of Knick basketball in the modern era.

Herro, Duncan Robinson, and Yurt plus the trade exception (Okpala) all for Donovan works on a salary basis. Throw in 3 first round draft picks and you are getting 6 assets for one.

Do the heat do it? Not sure. But it is a pretty good haul imho.

You can flip Herro and Robinson for 2+ ea additional 1sts if you want.
So do you guys play a lot of D and D when you’re not on Jazzfanz?

Last edited: