What's new

The Legend of Bricky Ricky

tenor.gif
Rubio is playing with 2 people OTHER THAN HIM that cant shoot. If we get Mirotich then Rubio could be pretty good

Do the mods really want to bring back the neg trolling of Siromar, Freakazoid, and El Roach? Notice how these neg trolls left when rep and dislike was taken away? Sounds like a break for the mods to me.
You make a good point. Notice how guys like me didn't leave though. Ask EM if I was shy about giving reps.

Rubio is playing with 2 people OTHER THAN HIM that cant shoot. If we get Mirotich then Rubio could be pretty good
No we couldn't be. You can't have a PG that can't shoot and be successful in the playoffs. Hell this team had a damn good team once upon a time and that team had a wing that couldn't shoot and it screwed them. If that guy is a PG instead....well that's just worse.

Besides Favors can shoot. Just not out to 3 point range. Ricky can't shoot.

Rubio looked like he was in utter shock that he was passed to and actually hit the shot. Good on him for staying calm and not forcing a rushed brick.

Good for Rubio. He still frustrates the hell out of me at times, but he plays his *** off and I'm thrilled to see him reap some benefits of his hard work.

I rather enjoyed how much leadership Mitchell is showing already. He heard the other team talk trash about his teammate who is not a great shooter and they left him wide open and he got the ball to him right away. Mitchell seemed confident in him and I think that confidence helped Rubio shoot that shot confidently. That was one of those shots from Rubio that looked smooth and good form. Those are the shots he shoots at a decent clip, in rhythm and no hiccups in his motion.

Syllable and rhyming issues throughout the parody. A noble but failed attempt.
Being a former English teacher and write, I agree it is bad poetry. But I did it just for a laugh and for fun. I could always rewrite it but I think not because it is rather mean-spirited, and I hope the guy can somehow find a way to fit in.

I rather enjoyed how much leadership Mitchell is showing already. He heard the other team talk trash about his teammate who is not a great shooter and they left him wide open and he got the ball to him right away. Mitchell seemed confident in him and I think that confidence helped Rubio shoot that shot confidently. That was one of those shots from Rubio that looked smooth and good form. Those are the shots he shoots at a decent clip, in rhythm and no hiccups in his motion.
This didn’t get the attention it deserved.

Donovan Mitchell - a rookie - had the BBIQ to know how the defense would play Rubio and realize that it presented them with an opportunity. Then he had the balls and confidence in his teammate to give him the ball to take the better shot - despite Rubio’s struggles. Had Donovan taken the shot and missed - nobody would’ve complained. Instead, he risked having it go bad to make the right pass - to make the right play - to WIN THE GAME. That’s the guy I want running my team.

That was a helluva play. Spida’s gravity pulled Lowry way out of position and provided the team with a great look at the end there. Perfectly executed on his part.

Donovan recognized the double team when he tried to drive and passed it over to Ricky. It's a scenario we can expect time after time. Imagine if Utah had an off guard who was shooting 40% and ~the same at PF. Now what do teams do? Bring an extra defender over to stop Mitchell's penetration or pressure the ball and a shooter will be left open.

Rubio looked like he was in utter shock that he was passed to and actually hit the shot. Good on him for staying calm and not forcing a rushed brick.
Glassy-eyed when he looked at Mitchell. Part shock and part "why the hell did you do that?"

What I really noticed was Rubio's perfect form: the goose neck arm and wrist release. His shots are often pretty ugly and flat. Not that one! Now can he duplicate that release on all his 3's?

He had an out of body experience. I don’t think he even knew where he was or what was going on. It’s like he blacked out. Reminds me of that scene in old school when Frank the tank answers that difficult economic question or whatever.

It looked like the first time in Ricky’s career that he had ever done anything like that.