What's new

The Mike Conley trade was the biggest failure in Jazz history

Coaches rarely call a TO if a transition opportunity presents itself. Conley had a number of options to pick when the defense wasn't set yet, he just made a dumb mistake. Someone was way open in the corner, Rudy was rolling hard, he could call the timeout himself when he felt he got stuck.
I get that but in a crucial game, just call the to right away. The Jazz suck donkey dick on fast break so your explanation, while valid for most teams, is complete BS for us

What future?
Y'all are such babies lmfao. You want to live in a world where we are perpetually hoping for a better future by not making bold moves in the present.

The Jazz made their moves and missed. Injuries suck. Aging sucks. It's all unpredictable. Jazz should move on.
It's actually quite predicable that Conley wasn't worth 30mil a year and the Jazz overpaid to get a guy who's barely a borderline AS and a bad fit next to their franchise player.

He's not some rookie that no one knows about. It's all on you if you actually believed that he could be in the same conversation as Chris Paul, Jrue Holiday or other true elite PGs in the league.

It's actually quite predicable that Conley wasn't worth 30mil a year and the Jazz overpaid to get a guy who's barely a borderline AS and a bad fit next to their franchise player.

He's not some rookie that no one knows about. It's all on you if you actually believed that he could be in the same conversation as Chris Paul, Jrue Holiday or other true elite PGs in the league.
Lmao, so you predicted Chris Paul would still be a top 20 player at age 37?

Show me post where you say this **** without hindsight. You just complain about every damn thing

I get that but in a crucial game, just call the to right away. The Jazz suck donkey dick on fast break so your explanation, while valid for most teams, is complete BS for us
There is merit to not taking a chance and calling a timeout. At least then, every player knows what's going to happen but I don't think either was a bad decision. It seemed to me Conley had an open path to the basket for a while and even if we weren't able to score on the fastbreak, Conley could have passed the ball and we would still be facing a scrambled Mavs defense. It just sucks that the travel happened.

Also where is this energy for the Donovan missed FT in the clutch? He makes that and we aren't rushing the ball down the court to get a shot. We are running the clock out for a game winner or OT

Lmao, so you predicted Chris Paul would still be a top 20 player at age 37?

Show me post where you say this **** without hindsight. You just complain about every damn thing
The thing is CP3 didn't even need to be this good for the Suns. On his third gear he's still miles better than Mike Conley. Plus Conley's only 2 years younger and just as injury-prone so let's not pretend there was ever a possibility where Conley could outlast Paul

Conley averages 9 points on 32% shooting during this entire series with horrendous advance stats on both defense/offense, and you all just wanna focus on that silly dumb play he made?

Last edited:
The thing is CP3 didn't even need to be this good for the Suns. On his third gear he's still miles better than Mike Conley. Plus Conley's only 2 years younger and just as injury-prone so let's not pretend there was ever a possibility where Conley could outlast Paul
Hindsight and you just saying **** to say it

Ehh.

I wasn't a huge fan of the move when it happened, but I got it and didn't hate it. The whole point of such a transaction is for the team selling the star to get good future assets. Guess what? Time passed and those look better and Mike looks worse.

The Favors to OKC trade is way more inexcusable and I would argue that makes it worse.

Conley averaged just 9 points a game on 33% shooting and 20% from 3 in this series. You just have to have so much more from a guy that is your 3rd highest paid player at $25 million a year

Conley averaged just 9 points a game on 33% shooting and 20% from 3 in this series. You just have to have so much more from a guy that is your 3rd highest paid player at $25 million a year
Butler was supposed to be the guy that could play significant minutes in the rotation when Mike sat to load manage.

I think they ****ed up one of the biggest edicts of last year: keep Mike humming and at his best when we needed his best.

It’s great that he wasn’t injured, but he was cooked. I don’t think it had to be this bad.

Mike is a big disapointment. I Follow him since the begginning of his career as a Grizz fan and i do not reconize him.

I'm not sure it's a physical issue, more a mental one. He need to feel confortable to play well and he is not. Maybe the fact that this team does not have clear strategy is the reason. Or maybe he is just catch by age... time will tell.

But yes, his season is a disaster and he is one of the reason the jazz have not a good season. Not the only one unfortunatly.

Why does this thread have 50+ posts? Everybody should agree.

We have paid $90 millon, sacrificed all salary cap flexibility, gave up TWO 1st round picks, and a few equally talented players for...

A guy who didn't lead us to one playoff win in his 3 postseasons here. Not one time did he push us over the top. Not once. Pathetic.

If you are arguing with this thread, shame on you for not acknowledging the truth - the Mike Conley trade killed the Rudy and Don era.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Agreed and to say Bogey sucks is not true he had a good series. Conley sadly has regressed an incredible amount I can’t believe he was an all star last year. I felt we were better without him this series and I actually think Trent Forrest would have outplayed him

Bogey is the only one who played well consistently in series (minus game 5 when no one played well). Bogey was only one who scored in games 1 and 2 and set the tone defensively in game 3.

You can be small and you can be unathletic but you can't be both
I’ve never heard him described as unathletic. I mean you’re heard of his dad right? The issue with Conley is mental not physical IMO. I mean apart from the age and injury related load management stuff of course. Mental in this series and his first season particularly - dude really has a helluva time pulling out of a slump!