What's new

The Missing Piece

I am not sure why people think Tobias Harris is such a great fit but others are bad because they are not good defenders.

Harris is not a good defender.

On a side note its crazy that he has been in the league 7 seasons and is only 25. He has only been on 1 playoff team, Detroit and they got swept in the first round.

His contract is cheap but it is also only 1 more year.

Im not in love with the idea. I guess he is ok. But this would be his 5th team by the age of 26. That smells like something is wrong with his impact. His teams dont win either. Reminds of how people thought it was so cool Al Jefferson was a 20&10 guy so that meant he was good.

Its impossible to watch every game of every player so I havent seen a enough to be sure, but thats my feeling on it. I wouldn't pay a lot to get him. Our assets could be better used imo. If DL went for it, Id give it a chance, but I wouldnt be shocked to be regretting it later.

From a stats stand point he doesnt do much but just score. He doesn't do much else. So thats a red flag for me as well.

George is a DPOY candidate every year

I don't remember Downunder/Douchebag being a Dante homer. He often seems critical of Dante. But I don't keep close track of that stuff.

Either way, did you guys see Monson's article about going after Hayward? lmao. Not happening, thankfully. Altho someone like him or Paul George would be perfect for the team.

My perfect possibly get-able guy is Tobias Harris. I'm sure he's been discussed, but I'm not going thru 11 pages. How feasible would getting Tobias Harris be?

I'm aboard the George or bust train. Anything to get him to pair with DM, Ingles, Rubio, Gobert, and Favors. If that can't happen then wait a season, or target Kawhi (not going to happen IMO).

I would be okay with getting Harris but not if we gave up too much for him. It could be a 1 year rental.

I'm aboard the George or bust train. Anything to get him to pair with DM, Ingles, Rubio, Gobert, and Favors. If that can't happen then wait a season, or target Kawhi (not going to happen IMO).

The only way we get George is if we open up the money necessary. To open up the money necessary, we would have to renounce Favors and Exum, don't pick up the 2018-19 options for Thabo, Jerekbo and Udoh AND trade Burks without taking back a contract. And don't forget, we have to convince George to sign. Some of those roster decisions have to be made before we can even talk to George's camp.

Signing a max contract player will not happen for two reasons - #1 - we can't free up the space necessary. #2 - we don't have the assets to make a good sign and trade happen.

I would be okay with getting Harris but not if we gave up too much for him. It could be a 1 year rental.

Harris is a good fit for a lot of reasons. And he's attainable because he only has one year left on his contract. The Clippers would be really wise to trade Jordan this offseason after he exercises his player option. He is a guy destined to chase a ring or money after this contract. After they trade Jordan, they are left with Gallinari, Harris and Lou Williams as their only assets. That's pretty weak. They would better served using the #12 and #14 picks, the asset from the Jordan trade, and any asset they can get for Williams and Harris to get the best player available.

I also would trade for Wiggins. He has a huge contract and he has not quite lived up to his potential but he is still the same age as Mitchell and has tons of potential. Although I would not give up anything of importance for him. Last year Wiggins stats were almost identical to what Mitchell did this year in a similar role. I think Snyder could do good things with him as well. His defense sucks but I believe he could become a good defender.

Harris is a good fit for a lot of reasons. And he's attainable because he only has one year left on his contract. The Clippers would be really wise to trade Jordan this offseason after he exercises his player option. He is a guy destined to chase a ring or money after this contract. After they trade Jordan, they are left with Gallinari, Harris and Lou Williams as their only assets. That's pretty weak. They would better served using the #12 and #14 picks, the asset from the Jordan trade, and any asset they can get for Williams and Harris to get the best player available.
He is an okay fit. He does not play defense and has never been a part of a winning team in his career. No team seems to value him much and trades him. But he can shoot from 3.

Although I think you and others over value a stretch 4. Snyder had a solid stretch 4 this year in Jerebko and hardly used him. Jerebko shot excellent from 3, played defense, hustled and rebounded okay.

I do think it would be okay to try and get Harris but again not for much. I would not give up any decent player and I am not sure about giving up our 1st for him. I would prefer Jabari who has more upside or Gordon who we would have to give up more to get in a sign and trade.

Clips aren’t trading Harris. They have a decent squad that just missed out on the playoffs.

Bev-Euro dude
Lou
Harris
Gall
Jordan

Get some solid picks and 60 games from Gallo and that could be a heck of a squad.

Harris hasn't been on good enough teams to "win". He's not Lebron. He's just a nice offensive player who would be the Jazz second option. And I wouldn't say he doesn't defend. He's a passable defender. He's not Wiggins indifferent on D.

Harris hasn't been on good enough teams to "win". He's not Lebron. He's just a nice offensive player who would be the Jazz second option. And I wouldn't say he doesn't defend. He's a passable defender. He's not Wiggins indifferent on D.

He was in the East most of his career on teams that under performed from what they were expected to do. Its not like its hard to make the playoffs in the East. I also think his defense is more problematic than someone like Wiggins. He tries but just isnt quick enough or athletic enough to be good, players like Wiggins just dont try or dont know how to play.

What would you be willing to trade for him? Do you think he is worth our 1st this year plus players to make up the salary? I guess the lowest we could offer is Burks, Jerebko and a 1st. But my guess is it would take more than that. Keeping in mind he is expiring after next year so if he plays well he will get a big raise and either be a 1 year rental or a big price increase.

Clips aren’t trading Harris. They have a decent squad that just missed out on the playoffs.

Bev-Euro dude
Lou
Harris
Gall
Jordan

Get some solid picks and 60 games from Gallo and that could be a heck of a squad.
Yeah, I think they are still chasing the playoffs next year. I think they should tank but they are not going to to that with their current squad. They might change course half way next season if they dont pick up a decent FA this off season and are not in a playoff spot at the trade deadline.

If they do trade Harris this off season it is to upgrade their roster. Who on our team would they think is an upgrade that we are willing to give up for him? I doubt any player in that category for the Jazz we will give up.

I also would trade for Wiggins. He has a huge contract and he has not quite lived up to his potential but he is still the same age as Mitchell and has tons of potential. Although I would not give up anything of importance for him. Last year Wiggins stats were almost identical to what Mitchell did this year in a similar role. I think Snyder could do good things with him as well. His defense sucks but I believe he could become a good defender.

He has some upside left, although would be more of a Victor Oladipo anomaly if he does break out into a star at this point. His numbers suffered badly across the board once they got Jimmy Butler, they are a bit redundant as players, both SFs that can't reliably stretch the floor. I do think they may deal him.

He has some upside left, although would be more of a Victor Oladipo anomaly if he does break out into a star at this point. His numbers suffered badly across the board once they got Jimmy Butler, they are a bit redundant as players, both SFs that can't reliably stretch the floor. I do think they may deal him.

I dont know if it would have to be that big of an anomaly. Like I said he put up Mitchells numbers for Minny last year in the same role as Mitchell but 1 year younger.

The biggest problem is I dont know what the Jazz would trade for him. I would trade Burks for him but thats about it. I am not giving up Mitchell, Gobert, Rubio, Exum, or Ingles for him.

He was in the East most of his career on teams that under performed from what they were expected to do. Its not like its hard to make the playoffs in the East. I also think his defense is more problematic than someone like Wiggins. He tries but just isnt quick enough or athletic enough to be good, players like Wiggins just dont try or dont know how to play.

What would you be willing to trade for him? Do you think he is worth our 1st this year plus players to make up the salary? I guess the lowest we could offer is Burks, Jerebko and a 1st. But my guess is it would take more than that. Keeping in mind he is expiring after next year so if he plays well he will get a big raise and either be a 1 year rental or a big price increase.

Assuming he agrees to a contract extension, at least in principle, then yes, I'd give a late 20s pick plus Burks and Jerebko. He's provide a real boost to the team on the offensive end, and I don't find his defense that worrisome. It's no worse than Burks', and is better than Jerebko's.

The only way we get George is if we open up the money necessary. To open up the money necessary, we would have to renounce Favors and Exum, don't pick up the 2018-19 options for Thabo, Jerekbo and Udoh AND trade Burks without taking back a contract. And don't forget, we have to convince George to sign. Some of those roster decisions have to be made before we can even talk to George's camp.

Signing a max contract player will not happen for two reasons - #1 - we can't free up the space necessary. #2 - we don't have the assets to make a good sign and trade happen.

DL would have to get creative. They're at $83mm and have space without Favors. Can they sign him to a vet minimum with a promise for a $20mm renegotiation? I'm not sure that's legal but if not it's wait a year.

The other option is release Favors and sign vets at the minimum like we've seen with David West, etc.

If we were to land Otto Porter, somehow, then I think Aminu would be perfect. And somehow get Patrick Beverley.

Rubio / Beverley
Mitchell / Exum / O’Neale
Porter / Ingles / Thabo
Aminu / Crowder / Jerebko
Gobert / Udoh

I like J. Brown on the Celtics. I know he isn't a FA but how are the Celtics going to afford Irving, Hayward, and Horford. Tatum and Brown are going to get paid.

Lp0pp0
Assuming he agrees to a contract extension, at least in principle, then yes, I'd give a late 20s pick plus Burks and Jerebko. He's provide a real boost to the team on the offensive end, and I don't find his defense that worrisome. It's no worse than Burks', and is better than Jerebko's.

Also part of the problem with pursuing Harris is you having to give up Favors. So you arent just spending what you need to get Harris.

Id take Favors over Harris straight up. So I sure as hell dont want to be giving away firsts for that switch. Thats bad basketball GMing