What's new

The Missing Piece

Lol.
I was just thinking about what Fizdale said in what he is looking for. He wants long and defensive minded players. I mean he has Mudiay and Burke there atm and Ntilikina can't really penetrate (good project though).

For the life of me I cannot understand why they traded for Mudiay He’s soooo meh

Hezonja isn't signed as the missing piece. He would be signed as a helpful piece. We sign Hezonja the same way Houston signed PJ Tucker. You hope you pay less than $10 million for a guy who will play hard, defend, and hopefully sometimes catch fire.

I would spend up to the full MLE to get Hezonja. I see that much upside. When we are paying so little for guys like O'Neale ($1.5) and Jae ($7ish), I feel like we can take a little risk on a guy like Mario. We have amazing coaching, teammates and culture. He is a better, safer and more affordable option than Parker.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I am not sure that we have a missing piece and I think that the Jazz are legitimate contenders next year. Take the current team and add Rubio and Thabo an we are already significantly better than this team and likely would have pushed the Rockets to 7 this year. I think they would have won it. That is with a Rookie back court against a Hall of fame back court. Think what would have happened if Hornacek and Russell were missing against the Rockets in 1997.

The typical improvement from rookie year to second year is significant for guards. Taking the personalities and player development of the Jazz and I expect to see greater than typical improvement from both Mitchell and Oneil. Rubio will be be like the second half Rubio or better all year. Ingles was also better in the second half of the season as he grew into his new role. Gobert will work and improve over the summer and and will play more than 50 games. Crowder will have a summer to more fully immerse himself the Jazz system I expect only minor improvement here though. Maybe a little better shot selection finishing layups. Exum will come back gang busters like he did at the beginning of last season. By the time playoffs get her he will finally be blossoming into the player we hope. He is already able to play solid defense on Harden. Incremental improvement on offense and a summer of body development as he finally begins moving up from being a kid. I really like the versatility having Favors is likely the best free agent we we will be able to get. He provides the best 1-2 center combo in the league and the ability to punish many teams with power when playing together with Gobert. In other games he can play slightly smaller line up with Thabo, Crowder, who can play stretch 4. He also provides insurance in case Gobert is injured.

AB, Neto, Udoh, Jerebko, Stockton, Tony Bradley, g-leaguers, and picks are all expendable/replaceable if the right opportunities present themselves at the same time they are decent and have good chemistry. I trust DL to manage the bottom half of the roster and potentially flip some of the bottom half into a more important contribute.

So what you are saying is that nobody ever gets better at anything. No 23 year old has ever improved their 3pt shooting. All 23 year olds are who they are at that age and their 3pt percentage will never change. Got it. Nuff said.

You’re pimping him saying he’s worth throwing money at. I’m merely pointing out that the facts are he’s not really done anything if worth. Don’t cry

So what you are saying is that nobody ever gets better at anything. No 23 year old has ever improved their 3pt shooting. All 23 year olds are who they are at that age and their 3pt percentage will never change. Got it. Nuff said.
Mate, this is a Dante Exum homer. He can't possibly believe that.

Who the hell is Hezonja and why is everyone on his jock? Flavor of the month player that MIGHT pan out?

Let's be honest, we're an AD/Kevin Love/KAT type of player away. Stretch 4 that can rebound and shoot in the 40% neighborhood from 3 or create his own shot consistently.

I am not sure that we have a missing piece and I think that the Jazz are legitimate contenders next year. Take the current team and add Rubio and Thabo an we are already significantly better than this team and likely would have pushed the Rockets to 7 this year. I think they would have won it. That is with a Rookie back court against a Hall of fame back court. Think what would have happened if Hornacek and Russell were missing against the Rockets in 1997.

The typical improvement from rookie year to second year is significant for guards. Taking the personalities and player development of the Jazz and I expect to see greater than typical improvement from both Mitchell and Oneil. Rubio will be be like the second half Rubio or better all year. Ingles was also better in the second half of the season as he grew into his new role. Gobert will work and improve over the summer and and will play more than 50 games. Crowder will have a summer to more fully immerse himself the Jazz system I expect only minor improvement here though. Maybe a little better shot selection finishing layups. Exum will come back gang busters like he did at the beginning of last season. By the time playoffs get her he will finally be blossoming into the player we hope. He is already able to play solid defense on Harden. Incremental improvement on offense and a summer of body development as he finally begins moving up from being a kid. I really like the versatility having Favors is likely the best free agent we we will be able to get. He provides the best 1-2 center combo in the league and the ability to punish many teams with power when playing together with Gobert. In other games he can play slightly smaller line up with Thabo, Crowder, who can play stretch 4. He also provides insurance in case Gobert is injured.

AB, Neto, Udoh, Jerebko, Stockton, Tony Bradley, g-leaguers, and picks are all expendable/replaceable if the right opportunities present themselves at the same time they are decent and have good chemistry. I trust DL to manage the bottom half of the roster and potentially flip some of the bottom half into a more important contribute.

Can't like it, love it. 1 more piece tho. George or dickwood and this team competes. Pray to the alter of Rudy, Don, and Joe.

We are one piece away, and I hope that piece brings the statues back on the court for 50 year old kick some *** in limited minutes.

Hey, guys - I hear Deadpool 2 is gonna be funnier and raunchier than 1. We probably shouldn't watch it, you know?!?!

**** that Wade Winston Wilson guy. Does not meet our needs and let's bury that dick for his anti pc humor.

Hehepeepeecaca

I'm torn on this idea now. At first, these were my thoughts exactly, but a part of me wants to compete right away and thinks adding that 2nd all-star would do it. That said, we already have two players on this team at that level that should get a bit better and it's usually unwise to break chemistry, the bank, and the future to go after someone that won't be around in a few years. I think players like Mario and Harris could be good gets for the team because they help shore up some issues while not destroying already mentioned.

Ugh. I hate the offseason. I'll trust DL to do right by the team. He may have whiffed on a few, but he connects more often than not.

I think the question comes down to this - which of these two options gets us where we want to be:

#1 Keep Favors, Exum and add a midtier free agent like Hezonja, Ilyasova, Belinelli, etc. while trusting in our ability to draft quality players.

#2 Let many current players go and target, via trade or free agency, for a big target like Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon, Tobias Harris, Khris Middleton, etc. either Summer 2018 or 2019.

I have a feeling we will go the route of #1 but I would be fine with #2 if its via trade. Expecting to get our 1 big missing piece via free agency is such a gamble.

Who the hell is Hezonja and why is everyone on his jock? Flavor of the month player that MIGHT pan out?

Let's be honest, we're an AD/Kevin Love/KAT type of player away. Stretch 4 that can rebound and shoot in the 40% neighborhood from 3 or create his own shot consistently.

Right, well its obvious that we would be better with AD or KAT. Or someone like them. But those types dont grow on trees and AD or KAT arent getting traded.

There is this place called reality where we all share common truths. We arent all living in your subjective fantasy land where its easy to trade for Anthony Davis or KAT. So you made no relevant point. We arent all talking about trading for them because that **** isnt happening. This isnt NBA2k. We are talking about actual players that we can get. You know, that very small list of unrestricted free agents worth maybe looking at. Or players who's team might conceivingly trade them.. Mario's name was brought up because he sits near the top of that list of realistic targets. Nobody is saying he is the best player in the world.

Mate, this is a Dante Exum homer. He can't possibly believe that.

I don't remember Downunder/Douchebag being a Dante homer. He often seems critical of Dante. But I don't keep close track of that stuff.

Either way, did you guys see Monson's article about going after Hayward? lmao. Not happening, thankfully. Altho someone like him or Paul George would be perfect for the team.

My perfect possibly get-able guy is Tobias Harris. I'm sure he's been discussed, but I'm not going thru 11 pages. How feasible would getting Tobias Harris be?

I don't remember Downunder/Douchebag being a Dante homer. He often seems critical of Dante. But I don't keep close track of that stuff.

Either way, did you guys see Monson's article about going after Hayward? lmao. Not happening, thankfully. Altho someone like him or Paul George would be perfect for the team.

My perfect possibly get-able guy is Tobias Harris. I'm sure he's been discussed, but I'm not going thru 11 pages. How feasible would getting Tobias Harris be?

Im not in love with the idea. I guess he is ok. But this would be his 5th team by the age of 26. That smells like something is wrong with his impact. His teams dont win either. Reminds of how people thought it was so cool Al Jefferson was a 20&10 guy so that meant he was good.

Its impossible to watch every game of every player so I havent seen a enough to be sure, but thats my feeling on it. I wouldn't pay a lot to get him. Our assets could be better used imo. If DL went for it, Id give it a chance, but I wouldnt be shocked to be regretting it later.

From a stats stand point he doesnt do much but just score. He doesn't do much else. So thats a red flag for me as well.

I think the question comes down to this - which of these two options gets us where we want to be:

#1 Keep Favors, Exum and add a midtier free agent like Hezonja, Ilyasova, Belinelli, etc. while trusting in our ability to draft quality players.

#2 Let many current players go and target, via trade or free agency, for a big target like Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon, Tobias Harris, Khris Middleton, etc. either Summer 2018 or 2019.

I have a feeling we will go the route of #1 but I would be fine with #2 if its via trade. Expecting to get our 1 big missing piece via free agency is such a gamble.

I like both options...... Thats whats so great about this team. Having jingles, mitchell and gobert on long term contracts lower than what their production should earn them means that no matter what happens we will be very good.

We just don't have any assets to get someone of Harris' caliber. Our pick is low, Bradley, O'Neal, Crowder have a little value but not enough to move the needle on that type of player.

I like both options...... Thats whats so great about this team. Having jingles, mitchell and gobert on long term contracts lower than what their production should earn them means that no matter what happens we will be very good.
Fish bringing da wisdom. Preach fish, preach.